Babies on the Brain

18 year olds

2»

Re: 18 year olds

• If you can't afford a nice wedding, how will you afford a child?
  • imagemsmichelleh:
    If you can't afford a nice wedding, how will you afford a child?

this, a million times over.

• Loading the player...
  • imageVampirexAngel:

And we would NOT be getting any government help!

$10 says you will...

• Here's some logic for you. How do you plan on saving money for "a really nice wedding" or go to college with a newborn? But hey, who cares, it's going to be easy and so much fun, right? Good luck with that.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • PLUS, do you know how hard it is to go to school and raise a child?

It took me, my husband, and his ex YEARS to get our schooling done having to plan it around a child, and there were THREE of us.

• imageVampirexAngel:

None of you know me, so don't just assume things about me!

Welcome to the Maury Povich show. On this episode, teenagers who want babies and will go to any lengths to get pregnant.

• imageStephanieBride1:
    imageVampirexAngel:

None of you know me, so don't just assume things about me!

Welcome to the Maury Povich show. On this episode, teenagers who want babies and will go to any lengths to get pregnant.

lmao

• Hey, I'm in CA too and I work at Social Services...see you when you come apply for Medi-Cal and Welfare. If you can't afford a nice wedding you can't afford a baby. Let me guess what kind of insurance you have to cover this hypothetical child....NONE right? Anyone can be "ready for a baby" or so they say..it's another thing to be financially stable and in the right place in your life. Oh, and P.S JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE YOUNGER THAN YOU HAVE BABIES DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD TOO! ywia.

Ugh.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenlvaden:

imagemsmichelleh:

this, a million times over.

Me too! A Trillion times over.

A baby is so much more expensive than you think, and so much more work, it's not like a little doll to play with, you need to buy diapers, pay for doctor's bills, buy food, a crib, you need to have a house to live in. A baby is a constant job, how do you think two teenagers can make enough money to put themselves through college while taking care of a baby? I could barely pay my own bills working full time while I was in college full time.

If you truly believe you and your fiance are thinking smart about this and are completely ready then more power to you, but please think this through, before you ruin your life, your fiance's life, and this baby's life.

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • This whole thing makes me sad.  I am from a small town in Iowa about 12,000 people and there were at one time at least a dozen girls pg in high school and one being as young as a freshman.  There was also another girl that had her baby and another girl 2 months later had a baby and they both had the same father.  It is just sad how these young kids are acting.  I may only be 25 but when I was in high school I just wanted to play sports and get good grades.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You happen to catch Bristol Palin's interview and her saying how she "like wished she would have waited another 10 years"...yeah, sure there are lots of teenage mothers...but most of them did not INTEND to get pregnant and the one's who did probably greatly regret that they didn't wait until they were more ready.

• imageprincess101:

Hey, I'm in CA too and I work at Social Services...see you when you come apply for Medi-Cal and Welfare. If you can't afford a nice wedding you can't afford a baby. Let me guess what kind of insurance you have to cover this hypothetical child....NONE right? Anyone can be "ready for a baby" or so they say..it's another thing to be financially stable and in the right place in your life. Oh, and P.S JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE YOUNGER THAN YOU HAVE BABIES DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD TOO! ywia.

Ugh.

Come on now, don't throw logic into the situation. Didn't you know it's totally "in" right now to have babies so young?

• As other posters are mentioning...

You want to wait 2 1/2 year to get married because you need to save up - but then HOW are you going to pay for all of the cost that come with a  raising a baby? Also, how are you going to pay for college? These are huge expenses and you line of thinking shows how NOT ready you are to have  a child.

Get your priorities in order and do some serious research into the costs of a and responsibilities that come with a baby. Please.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In all honesty, Vampire, if you post here, you should be ready for people to tell you these things. They want you to be responsible and think about the ramifications of bringing a child into the world at such a young age.

If you are wanting a place to not hear logic, you may want to check out babygaga.com. There are a bunch of girls just like you there.

• imagemsmichelleh:

this.

BTW, babies are so much more expensive than a wedding

• My DH and I have a very healthy financial "life"... and we NEVER would be able to afford to BOTH go to college, have a newborn, and save for a wedding. That is insanity. There is no way in hellllllzzz an 18 yr old w/o a college education ever could.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• What if im 28, but look like a teen?Stick out tongue
  • I'm going to raise that bet to $50 they do get state assistance...

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you even have health insurance?

That's one thing I'm worried about...at least teens here in Canada don't have that worry about!  :P
    TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
    Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
    =Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
  • "(sidenote here: it always astounded me how the ones who could not afford a pot to piss in always insisted on formula feeding instead of even trying to breast feed)"

I know someone like that.  She also got pregnant KNOWING that they couldn't afford it, since they already couldn't afford the child they already had.

She whines that the food banks never have enough formula.

Oh, but cigarettes?  Can buy them by the caseload

TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
    Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
    =Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
  • Pssst....most of those girls that had babies at 18 wish they waited...

I'm trying not to be a b*tch but I gotta say it -

Pull your head out of your a@@ and welcome to the real world.  You are either seriously stupid or naive if you think this is a good idea.  Same goes for your brillant BF.  You have absolutely NO FREAKIN' IDEA what you are talking about or what having a baby entails.  I hope I don't see you on this board ever again.

• I have a serious question. What happens when your boyfriend/lover/engaged to leaves you in 1-1 1/2 because he feels like some of the 20 yrs old men that feel trapped with the prospect of their wife being pregnant let alone after one or two kids, even with the job, college educated? Think about it. You need a back up plan ie college educated at least get the AA degree before TTC. Again if he feels any pressure from this he can leave with out paying a cent.

Please get 2 of the Baby Think it over dolls and for one month, get used to the demands before you two decide to TTC now.

• My husband and I both have our college degrees, a house, good jobs and great salaries/benefits and we still struggle with raising a baby.  I am STILL paying for college almost 9 years after graduating and I'd love to go back for a Masters, but with a baby, forget about it! 

There's no way I could have paid for a nice wedding while trying to work and pay for a baby and all it's needs.  Just for having my dd, it cost $1,000 and that's WITH the amazing insurance coverage that I have which covered the other almost $49,000 worth of bills due to an emergency c-section and longer than anticipated stay in the hospital. If you have no insurance or less than great insurance, good luck with that bill!

When breastfeeding didn't work out for me, it cost me about, oh, $150 a month in formula costs...maybe more.  Then when I had to go back to work and start paying for daycare, I truly realized how much of a struggle it was going to be. I pay $263.00 a WEEK for daycare full time in PA.  I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's not going to be cheaper in CA where you live.  If you do the math, that's $1052 a month (in a 4 week month).  In a month where there are 5 weeks, it's more like $1315!!!  Oh, and don't forget about diapers (and babies use A LOT of them) and they aren't cheap!  They always need clothing b/c they grow out of things at an alarming rate when they are infants.  Then there's the crib, blankets, toys, swings, carseats, baby gates, lotions, creams, doc appts, medications when sick, and the time they add to everything. Getting out the door is now an hour long process instead of 5 minutes...you have to plan around their nap schedule...you have to go out earlier b/c they are ready for bed at 7:30 p.m....you get the evil eye if you are out and your baby starts to fuss...you are not the center of attention anymore, the baby is...the list goes on and on.

Please seriously consider slowing down and enjoying your youth with your FI.  There's plenty of time to have a baby down the road after you're done with school and planning your wedding.  I'm not trying to flame, just trying to give you some tough love and real numbers so you can start saving b/c I promise you, a baby will be more expensive than you can ever imagine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngeNAndy4106:

My husband and I both have our college degrees, a house, good jobs and great salaries/benefits and we still struggle with raising a baby.  I am STILL paying for college almost 9 years after graduating and I'd love to go back for a Masters, but with a baby, forget about it! 

There's no way I could have paid for a nice wedding while trying to work and pay for a baby and all it's needs.  Just for having my dd, it cost $1,000 and that's WITH the amazing insurance coverage that I have which covered the other almost $49,000 worth of bills due to an emergency c-section and longer than anticipated stay in the hospital. If you have no insurance or less than great insurance, good luck with that bill!

When breastfeeding didn't work out for me, it cost me about, oh, $150 a month in formula costs...maybe more.  Then when I had to go back to work and start paying for daycare, I truly realized how much of a struggle it was going to be. I pay $263.00 a WEEK for daycare full time in PA.  I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's not going to be cheaper in CA where you live.  If you do the math, that's $1052 a month (in a 4 week month).  In a month where there are 5 weeks, it's more like $1315!!!  Oh, and don't forget about diapers (and babies use A LOT of them) and they aren't cheap!  They always need clothing b/c they grow out of things at an alarming rate when they are infants.  Then there's the crib, blankets, toys, swings, carseats, baby gates, lotions, creams, doc appts, medications when sick, and the time they add to everything. Getting out the door is now an hour long process instead of 5 minutes...you have to plan around their nap schedule...you have to go out earlier b/c they are ready for bed at 7:30 p.m....you get the evil eye if you are out and your baby starts to fuss...you are not the center of attention anymore, the baby is...the list goes on and on.

Please seriously consider slowing down and enjoying your youth with your FI.  There's plenty of time to have a baby down the road after you're done with school and planning your wedding.  I'm not trying to flame, just trying to give you some tough love and real numbers so you can start saving b/c I promise you, a baby will be more expensive than you can ever imagine!

If this doesn't get through to her, I don't know what will.  You almost scared me out of TTC, especially with the financials since everything is more expensive in NYC!!

• imageBubbalini:
    imageAngeNAndy4106:

My husband and I both have our college degrees, a house, good jobs and great salaries/benefits and we still struggle with raising a baby.  I am STILL paying for college almost 9 years after graduating and I'd love to go back for a Masters, but with a baby, forget about it! 

If this doesn't get through to her, I don't know what will.  You almost scared me out of TTC, especially with the financials since everything is more expensive in NYC!!

Haha. Sorry.  It looks like you've got your shiz together though, so I think you'll be fine!  GL to you!  Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngeNAndy4106:

Very well put! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, baby-wearing SAHM/grad studentBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Chart
    Blog
  • I would love to know how this child is going to afford college, a wedding AND a baby.

I'm 31, have been out of college for years and working full time, as has DH.  Having a baby is going to be difficult financially for us FFS.  We both have full time, well paying jobs too. 

This little girl has her head so far up her ass, she's seeing brown.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I can not believe I missed this. What is our world coming to? Do we not have any values and common sense anymore? HOLY COW...children TTC before marriage and BEFORE GRADUATION...I can not begin to fathom this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"