Baby Showers

quick - how do i word this??!?!

i'm having a non traditional baby shower -- really more of a party / shindig type of thing - - i don't want pepole to feel obligated to buy gifts - but i do want them to know that i'm registered at target, in case they feel the need and don't know what to get...

how do i say that?

Re: quick - how do i word this??!?!

• ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if you
  • ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if y
  • Loading the player...
  • ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if you don't
  • ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if you don't wnat
  • ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if you don't wnat people to buy
  • ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if you don't wnat people to buy you
  • ooo...i'd be careful b/c people may construe that as you inadvertently telling them to get you a gift.  I'm not sure how you would phrase it on a card for that very reason.  You may end-up getting mocked.  Why include registry if you don't want them to buy you anything.  If they want to buy you something in spite of that, then they should just go ahead and pick whatever they want.  I really would refrain form including registry info if you don't wnat people to buy you gifts.
  • your presence is present enough

do not include registry information, let it spread by word of mouth

• if you do not want people to feel obligated to buy you gifts, DO NOT put registry info on the invite.  If they want to know if you're regiestered, they will ask.
  • I think people will buy you a gift anyway. Unless you tell them not too. But I've found that very few people buy registered gifts. Only one person bought something from our registry at our baby shower. The rest were handmade items and cute clothes. But I'm not complaining. We loved everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"