Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Wainscoting/Beadboard Tips?

Is anyone doing wainscoting/beadboard in their nursery? We need tips!  Where to get the stuff, how tough is it to do, etc.

I think it looks beautiful and we just HAVE to do it!!

Re: Wainscoting/Beadboard Tips?

• Options
    we got a kit at lowes.  all the beadboard is pre cut and primed (NOT painted).  as the directions state, you should paint the beadboard before putting it up, but be careful not to get any paint in the interlocking grooves.  if you do, you just need to scrape it out so they'll fit together... it'll look great!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We put up beadboard in several rooms of the house we remodeled.  You can purchase it at Home Depot or Lowes - I would buy the "fake" stuff.  It comes in sheets that look like 5 or 6 vertical boards already put together and is somewhat thin.  The real beadboard is about a inch thick.  I've used both and the thick wood warps easily and is difficult to put up.

In addition, we caulked all gaps, etc after it was installed and then painted.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We're doing this is in the nursery...

We were planning on buying the sheets that are 8' x 4' and then cutting them down... then putting molding around the top edge.

Did anyone do it this way?

Does anyone know or mind me asking how much the "kits" were that you're talking about!?

• Options

we just finished a kind of wainscotting, i guess it resembles batten board???  it isn't as high as in this picture & the paint color up top will be an icy green.  furniture is black.

dh & i are not wood saavy, so we had the guys working on our basement do it.  They used MDF cut in 2" strips for the vertical pieces and spaced them 10" apart.  Then they put some base molding to top it off b/c it's the same depth as the mdf.  i don't have pics yet b/c it still has to be painted.  took them like a day and a half to do.

here's our inspiration though.  hope this pip works....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"