Baby Showers

What number is to Big for a shower?

My sister and family (aunts, older cousins, and mom) are hosting my baby shower for me. Well my sister asked me to put together my guest list and right now there are almost 70 people on it which my sister is fine with. Its all family and close friends along with the people I work with. I am not sure what to do and if that is way to big, I wouldn't invite all the people from one of my jobs but they have all commented on attending the shower so I would like them to. I also teach at a small school with a mostly female staff, I have had quite a few teachers comment on what they are going to buy for the shower and everything so I feel if I invite some I should just invite them all. I know not all 70 guests will attend, but how many is to many?

Re: What number is to Big for a shower?

• Are you sure that the work people won't have a "work shower" for you?  That might be what they are referring to.
  • I think as long as your hosts are okay with your number then you are fine.  My shower guest lists are 35, 25 and 20.  But I have a friend that is just having one big one and her list is around 80.  Maybe plan it as a come and go, drop in type shower so not everyone will be there all at the same time.  This will give you a chance to talk to each guest for a bit and thank them for coming.  If you had a room full of 70 people all at once, that might be a bit overwhelming.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea I would check with the girls you work with to make sure they weren't planning a seperate one.  Or you can have your sister check with them.  I don't think that is too big.  As long as the people invited mean something to you and you want them there - the more the merrier!
  • shower 1: 150 ppl

shower 2: 17 ppl

the number just depends on you and your relationship w/ ppl.

• My family is hosting one big shower for me instead of several smaller ones. I think the guest list is at 76 and the hosts are fine with it. It really just depends on your circles of friends and size of your family.

• We had a couples shower with kids- there were probably around 65-80 total.
  • i had a guest list of about 60 or so. Not all those ppl will be able to come. I had about 30 of those 60 come so.?
  • Maybe someone will do a work shower.  I'd say over 50 is a large shower and few people can accomodate comfortably that many people.  Course it depends if they sit at tables or just sit in chairs in a circle.
  • I think it really depends on how you do it. Our hosts invited over 40 people. Which I thought was a lot. But we did it as a more "get-together" type party. Everyone brought a designated food dish and we had it at the library where they have a party room you can rent out for $25. They really didn't spend much on it, but everything was perfect. :D
  • My shower is at 82 right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"