3rd Trimester

Period Like Cramps

Last night I had a bit of a scare. Thought for a minute I was getting contractions. I had period like cramps and back pain for three hours straight. My husband thought it was time, but I knew it wasn't due to the constant pain. I'm feeling a little better today. I have a Dr.'s appointment this afternoon and I was going to bring it up to her. Is this common this stage in pregnancy? What could it be?

Re: Period Like Cramps

• Just one of those things.  Had that the other night.  I found that when I got up and moved around it went away. 
  • I had that a couple times in the 3rd tri. The first time it was my baby going from breech to head down position. The second time it was false labor. I was told you get that feeling when the baby is moving down.
  • What you just described is actually very commonly what women experience when they are in early labor. You never know!

I know the first contractions I felt after my water broke felt like period cramps. That's how I knew it was actually my water that broke and I didn't pee myself. So many people told me their labor started as cramp-like feelings.

Good luck!

Happily married Mom to 2 beautiful little girls, 2 dogs and 2 cats (all rescues), 3 fish and one 28 year-old firebelly newt.
    ~ Hoping to add to our family by adopting a child through DCF via no legal risk adoption. Application submitted on 2/4/14. First home visit on 6/23/14. Waiting for the next class to start in late summer/fall.~
    imageimage
  • I tried everything I could and nothing helped...I'm thinking maybe it's just my body preparing for labor.
  • Both times for me period cramps in the front and back at the same time resulted in dilation. Maybe the same for you! Oh and yes....it's pretty normal.
  • I've had several lately. Rather mild, especially in comparison to my regular cramps associated w/ my period. Asked my doctor last week, he said they'll probably stick around off and on, but not to worry.
  • It's very normal, and most likely you will experience is again! I have been having period cramps for over a week now.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It could very well be contractions.  My friend told me that contractions run through your front to your back.  I would definatley bring this up to your doc. today, I'm surprised you didn't call them last night since it lasted for three hours.

I felt something like that, but it only lasted for maybe a 1/2 hour the other day and it wasn't in a pattern nor going around my back.  Regardless on Wednesday I will be letting my doc know.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it. I will find out today if I'm dilated.
  • I have experienced the same thing. ?I called my doctor and she told me to go to triage because she as worried I was having preterm labor. ?Everything was fine, but the nurse told me I could've been dehydrated and that could've caused the cramps. ?Now I make sure I drink plenty of water and try not to be on my feet all day (which can be a challenge with my job). ?I would talk to your doctor. ?

?

?

• image kabarbanel:
    It's very normal, and most likely you will experience is again! I have been having period cramps for over a week now.

Ditto this.

• I had the same thing really bad about a week ago and it ended up it was from him dropping. They have continued off and on this week and my doc said that would be a good sign that I am starting to dialate... so Im crossing my fingers!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Learn something new every day. Create whenever inspiration strikes.
    And, most importantly, laugh with those you love as often as you can.