TTC After a Loss
Options

Anyone Tried Progestin?

Has anyone tried taking Progestin to help avoid miscarriage? It worked for my mom, but when I asked my doctor about it, she said the evidence is inconclusive. I just wondered if anyone else had tried it, if it worked, and if it seemed like there were side effects to you and the baby. After my miscarriage, my doctor told me that she would let me take it if I want to...I figure that I should decide what I want to do before I get a BFP. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Anyone Tried Progestin?

• Options
    No sorry I am not familiar but good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took it for different reasons, but I did hear the same thing about it.  I may be wrong but I think it is used to build the lining of the uterus.  That way there is healthy implantation.  ????
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on progesterone (prometrium) as of 6 weeks 4 days and I had a miscarriage 4 weeks later.  The progesterone is given to strengthen the lining of the uterus and help the baby "stick."  My doctor gives it to most people as a precaution.  But for me, it didn't work :-( 
  • Options
    I am a firm believer in progesterone supps and have no doubt that is the only reason my dd is here with me today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"