Parenting

Clicky Poll: 2nd Birthday Theme

I need to start planning Milly's second birthday party! She has approved all three themes, but doesn't have the verbal or cognitive skills to narrow the choice down for me;) She loves all three equally, so it's up to me to pick. TIA![Poll]
Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Clicky Poll: 2nd Birthday Theme

• Hello Kitty would be so cute!

• Plus, no vivid red frosting for the cake;) After Ben's royal blue Under the Sea cake, I have to take frosting colors into consideration for my party guests. No one appreciated having purple teeth!
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePurrrfect433:
    Plus, no vivid red frosting for the cake;) After Ben's royal blue Under the Sea cake, I have to take frosting colors into consideration for my party guests. No one appreciated having purple teeth!

HA!  I so love your HK idea! 

• That was hard for me to choose. ?My niece did HK for her 2nd birthday and that came out so cute. ?She got a dress made with her name on it and a picture of HK. ?She also had the character at the party. ?I will most?likely?do Dora for my DD's 2nd birthday. ?She loves her. ?We will also have the Dora character at her party. ?GL deciding on one.
  • I love Dora. DS is pretty keen on her too (never has any interest in Diego).

He also loves Elmo but I find it soooo cheesy and annoying I don't encourage it.

I would avoid Hello Kitty. Yes I had HK stuff when I was a kid. That was before I knew how big it was in Japan...as in did you know you can get Hello Kitty vibrators? That put me off it, there are a lot of overtones in a lot of Hello Kitty stuff without that extreme too.

Of course my preschool bag and pencil case were entirely innocent, but I can't look at the brand the same way again.?

• I voted for Elmo b/c that is what H was : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD's was Elmo.  She has already informed me that she will be having a Dora party next year though lol.
  • I think Hello Kitty is so cute, so I voted for that. DD's 2nd bday party is next Saturday and we are doing a Dora theme because she LOVES Dora. She doesn't even know who Hello Kitty is. We'll have to work on that for next year. ;)
    Happily married Mom to 2 beautiful little girls, 2 dogs and 2 cats (all rescues), 2 fish and one 29 year-old firebelly newt.
    ~ Hoping to add to our family by adoption via Connecticut DCF. Application submitted on 2/4/14. First home visit on 6/23/14. Started class 11/17/14.~

• imagemarrymemylove:

I would avoid Hello Kitty. Yes I had HK stuff when I was a kid. That was before I knew how big it was in Japan...as in did you know you can get Hello Kitty vibrators? That put me off it, there are a lot of overtones in a lot of Hello Kitty stuff without that extreme too.

Of course my preschool bag and pencil case were entirely innocent, but I can't look at the brand the same way again. 

MMML, I'm part Japanese so love of HK is part of my genetic makeup;) This is why it's perfectly acceptable for me to be pushing 30 and still love it. I will love it when I am an old, old woman. I might even have a pink, rhinestone, HK coffin when I die someday, lol. Ok, maybe not. But, I *do* think that would be completely rad. Both my children have complete HK brand-awareness and I'm not even ashamed of it!

• Hello Kitty for sure!
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"