1st Trimester
Options

Mother in Law

Ok here's my situation. My MIL has like eight grandbabies already and this will be her first grandbaby from her son (my husband). But she hasn't even acknowledged us or congratulated us or anything. Maybe I should be counting my blessing but it bothers me because it is our first child and it is special to us. Also I already know that she is planning a trip in the summer time and I am also planning to have my shower in the summer time. I want my DH to tell her the date so she can schedule accordingly. I would be so angry if didn't go but I would be out of control if she planned her trip knowing the date of the shower.

(Side note: She isn't the nicest women in world either. She has no conversation etiquette and she is just rude to my DH for no reason. My DH is the second out of four kids all of which have multiplied one way or another which is beyond me) 

Should I be thanking the heavens that she is not involve or should I say something?  

Re: Mother in Law

• Options
    Isn't it early to have the shower date already picked?
  • Options

Sounds like ignoring her is the best bet. Perhaps this is some strange plead for attention on her part. Don't feed in to that kind of behavior!

Good luck. I am thinking it is good to count your blessings!

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

this will be my (sorta) MIL's first grandchild.  she hasn't called or anything since we told her like a month ago.  VERY unlike her.  i feel like she's angry at me for making her a grandma at 43.  Tongue Tied

i think your MIL will prolly come around.  i'm thankful for the break.  

• Options

imageDanse:
    Isn't it early to have the shower date already picked?

You are probably right however I already know that there are several things going on with both of our families and picking a date seemed pretty harmless. I know that my family will need to plan ahead because they will be traveling to visit me. So its going to be a three day event for them instead of a simple two-three hour shower.

• Options
    I'd enjoy the time off from her rudeness.  The only people that have to be happy about your pregnancy are you and your DH-screw those that don't seem to care.  You need to savor this time and be thankful you've been blessed with a baby!

photo b56c04be-4eeb-442e-afb5-397708ea1118.jpg

• Options
    Sorry I'm stuck on the planning your own shower thing.
  • Options
    imageMP&MP:

Ok here's my situation. My MIL has like eight grandbabies already and this will be her first grandbaby from her son (my husband). But she hasn't even acknowledged us or congratulated us or anything. Maybe I should be counting my blessing but it bothers me because it is our first child and it is special to us. Also I already know that she is planning a trip in the summer time and I am also planning to have my shower in the summer time. I want my DH to tell her the date so she can schedule accordingly. I would be so angry if didn't go but I would be out of control if she planned her trip knowing the date of the shower.

(Side note: She isn't the nicest women in world either. She has no conversation etiquette and she is just rude to my DH for no reason. My DH is the second out of four kids all of which have multiplied one way or another which is beyond me) 

Should I be thanking the heavens that she is not involve or should I say something?  

OK so before I got PG my MIL was almost as bad but this PG has seemed to bond us closer. My advice take it with a grain of salt. MILs can be a pain and a blessing. But if you let it roll off your back its the best you can do. It sucks when the in-laws are a pain. BTW are DH's brothers and sisters supportive or aware? Sometimes siblings can be helpful.

• Options

My MIL and I have are not the best of buddies but we are nice to each other. I think that it is pretty sad that she hasn't at least acknowledged that she has another grandchild on the way.

And don't feel bad about setting the date for your shower already. We have already set ours as well. The most important people in our lives live out of town and they need to have time to plan accordingly.

• Options

The only one who is being supportive is his sister. She is very nice and loves babies. She is super excited about being an Aunt (again). His other two brothers are MIA. They didn't even go to our wedding but thats besides the point. They are how do you say... "a waste of space". And I swear I mean that in a nice way. Angel

• Options

Count your blessings for now...and use it against her later :) We are waiting another month to tell family but I am scared to tell my MIL lol. She lives in Phoenix but I wouldn't be suprised if I hung up the phone and she was knocking on our door telling me whats best and what she did and how "Christopher was such a prodigy child" (my DH)

I guess they are one extreme or the other...good luck!

• Options
    Why are you planning your own shower? Plus if you know she is planning a vacation already can't you just do the shower another day?
  • Options

imageLouDiehl:
    Why are you planning your own shower? Plus if you know she is planning a vacation already can't you just do the shower another day?

I am not planning my own shower. I am just picking the date. I don't know when she is going on her vacation, all I know is that she is going sometime in the summer. For several reasons, I and those who are planning the shower picked the date already.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"