Parenting

Anyone have the Jardine Madison Convertible crib?

Have you converted it to the toddler daybed yet?

imageimage

Re: Anyone have the Jardine Madison Convertible crib?

• We have it and have converted to the toddler bed but dd just did not do good in a toddler bed so we moved her to a twin.  She had no room to move and moves alot at night.

Do you have a question about converting it?

• Yes, I am just wondering about the whole bed rail aspect. It seems that the wooden piece they give you does not come high enough to contain them if they're movers, but that other standard bed rails don't fit. Did you experience this?
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not really sure which model I have. It was one of the recalled ones but as you can see, we're still using it... **where's my flame suit???**
    Mia (6~24~06) & Jillian (6~29~09)
  • With ours, it comes up flush with the mattress, but if DD ever rolled onto that side, the mattress sinks and she'd have to hoist herself over the rail. We just try to set her up on the back edge and we haven't had any trouble yet. We'll be getting her a twin bed soon though.
    Mia (6~24~06) & Jillian (6~29~09)
  • We have that crib and converted it into a toddler bed.  The bed rail did not come up over the mattress (maybe 1/2 an inch).  We never had a problem with my son falling out, but I don't think he is much of a mover.  I do think it is a poor design for the toddler function and would have liked the side rail a bit higher.  Overall, he could climb in and out with out any problems and it did its job so it was fine for us. 
  • imageJaylea:
    Yes, I am just wondering about the whole bed rail aspect. It seems that the wooden piece they give you does not come high enough to contain them if they're movers, but that other standard bed rails don't fit. Did you experience this?

It was not enough for my daughter.  I used a toddler rail made for a twin bed.  I just had to zip tie it down to the frame where the mattress went or would it would flip up.  But it did work and it still had a small part at the end of the bed that dd could climb thru to get in and out.

• These responses help - thank you! I guess we'll just see how it goes with her. We have hardwood floors, but have one of those foam mats that has the blocks.. so we'll place that in the landing zone for a soft landing and see how she does.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"