3rd Trimester

breaking has to be better!

I am convinced that if I broke my pelvic bone the pain could not be any worse than it is right now.  Wow!  I can't believe the amount of pain and pressure that is on my pelvis right now.  I am eager to learn how much these babies weigh next week because the pain has gotten a lot worse!  I am estimating about 3.5 - 4 pounds each. 

Re: breaking has to be better!

• Have you looked into Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction?  I have this and seriously some days I feel like my pelvis is broken.  Try getting an SI maternity belt (different from ones sold in normal stores - usually only available through medical supply stores).  I've been goign to Physical Therapy. 
  • ::running to google::

Thanks!  My Dr said it is just normal and will get worse.  She said I am feeling it really bad because of the twins.  This is another reason that I am glad that I will not last to 37 weeks.  Could you imagine the weight of the babies at that point.  Wow!

• image ourbaby08:
    Have you looked into Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction?  I have this and seriously some days I feel like my pelvis is broken.  Try getting an SI maternity belt (different from ones sold in normal stores - usually only available through medical supply stores).  I've been goign to Physical Therapy. 

is physical therapy helping you at all?? It didnt do a darn thing for me. I have been going back and forth on whether or not to go to chiropractor.

Baby #3 on its way!BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't listen to that 'it's normal' BS.  You shouldn't have to remain in terrible pain until you deliver.  The SI belt can be purchased for $32 or so and you can probably get a doc to write you a script for it and have insurance cover it.  Good luck.  My doctor also prescribed me some narcotics to take when the pain brought me to the point of tears.  I obviuosly use them sparingly since I'm pregnant but they help a lot. 
  • image *Heather~:

image ourbaby08:
    Have you looked into Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction?  I have this and seriously some days I feel like my pelvis is broken.  Try getting an SI maternity belt (different from ones sold in normal stores - usually only available through medical supply stores).  I've been goign to Physical Therapy. 

is physical therapy helping you at all?? It didnt do a darn thing for me. I have been going back and forth on whether or not to go to chiropractor.

Not really.  I learned a few stretches that take the edge off the pain but I'd be lying if I said it was any sort of long-term lasting relief.  It helps some and at this point that's a victory.  Oh and my PT and OB said the pain may not go away after birth.  As long as I'm BFing then the relaxin (enzyme that causes the issue) will still be circulating throughout my system.

• Do those belts really help as I too am getting to the point of feeling like my hips are about to break I have actually said this to my partner on numerous occasions.  Saw the belt at the medical supply store but wasn't sure how helpful it would be?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards