Parenting
Options

Generic diapers for sensitive skin?

DH and I are trying to save money, so we tried the Target diapers on DS. He ended up with a raw, red bum from them. He has eczema and just very sensitive skin. Now I'm afraid to try any others, so we went back to Pampers.

Anyone else have a child with sensitive skin that uses generic diapers? I'm wondering if there's one that's better than others for him. I would be willing to try again, but I'd like to have some idea that they won't cause the same problem.

imageimage
Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
"Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church

Re: Generic diapers for sensitive skin?

• Options

My dd has really sensitive skin, too.  We tried every diaper thinking that was the problem, only to find it was actually the wipes.  We used Target diapers and had no problems after we changed wipes.

Anyway, I didn't really answer your question, but just thought I'd share in case maybe you hadn't tried different wipes.

• Options

Me. 

They get used to the generics after about a week. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We didn't change wipes, so I don't think it's that.

And we used the generics for more than a week. He was miserable, pushing and hitting kids at school, not eating, napping for only half an hour, just totally acting out of sorts because his skin was bothering him so much. We switched back and he was back to normal within two days.

If we have to go through that again I won't switch. It was terrible.

imageimage
  • Options
    That sounds awful!  Poor guy.  Yeah, I would try to save money somewhere else before I'd want to go through that again.
  • Options

I hate Target diapers, and I am a fan of store brands.

DS has pretty sensitive skin, and does really well with the Walgreen's supremes. They are nice and soft and absorbent. The only drawback is that they run a little small.

They go on sale buy one, get one free regularly. The usual price is 8.99, so 4.50 a pack on sale.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    My son has excema and Target diapers gave him red, raw, blistering skin. After we switched back to Pampers he was fine. I haven't had luck with any cheap ones.
  • Options
    Kate had a terrible diaper rash for months until I figured out that it was 7th Generation diapers (who would have thought?  They are supposed to be LESS irritating!).  I switched her to Huggies, which I buy at Costco, and they work like a charm and are pretty cheap.  I would also try the Kirkland brand of diapers at Costco if I were you.  We use the Kirkland sensitive wipes and they are AWESOME.  WAY better than other wipes we tried. 
  • Options
    We used to use Kirkland but he's too big for them now. They don't come in size 6. :(
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"