Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

anyone still swaddle to sleep at 5 mos?

I'm still swaddling to put dd to sleep... she has been sleeping through the night since 2 mos.  I know I can't do it forever and am trying to figure out how to transition.

Re: anyone still swaddle to sleep at 5 mos?

• Options
    Mine will be 5 mos in 11 days and we still swaddle. Pedi said its okay as long as she seems to not mind it.  You could start by trying her with one arm out for a few nights, then try it with both.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pedi told us no more unsupervised swaddling after our 6 week apt. it was a rough couple nights after we stopped.One night DH cheated and swaddled him when he wouldn't go back to sleep around 2 am. I got up the next morning thinking I was sooo glad he'd slept so long, but when I walked in there the blanket was around his head - he'd wiggled out of it bc he's such a wiggler. That was the last of the swaddling for us. I have no advice other than to bite the bullet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We still swaddle DD but have begun putting one arm out since last Friday. I'm going to do this for at least a week and then try both arms out. For naps during the day I lay down unswaddled to help with the transition as well. She is so close to rolling over so I'm ready for it to be done with.
  • Options
    DS is 4 1/2 months old and still swaddled.  Listen, do what's best for you and baby!  That's why I still do it- he still likes it, makes him sleep better, which makes me sleep better.  i have a 2 year old, so there is no sleeping when the baby sleeps for me, so I gotta get it in at night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I swaddled for seven and a half months.  We just broke the swaddle one night and never looked back.  I think she was ready though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"