Parenting
Options

Give me your opinions on this photography

I am going to do a family photo over the summer at the beach when DD is about 6-8mos.  I would really like to have some candid pics taken now too though whille DD is so tiny especially since I regret not having them taken with DS and us when he was this little.  There is a photographer that advertised on Craigslist, she is a professional photographer but new to family photography and looking to add to her portfolio, she would charge $100 including travel (it's over an hour for her), 1 8x10 photo, and a CD with high resolution photos with copyright release.  Would you do it?  Here is a link to her photos - some I like and some I honestly don't which is why I am asking others.  On a side note, the photographer I am considering using over the summer is $300 for the shoot and CD with copyright release and I really do not want to spend $300 twice in a year for a family photo b/c I will also be doing DDs 3, 6, 9 and 12 mo photos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/CherillPhotography/Portfolio#

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Give me your opinions on this photography

• Options

IMO, I'm not really big on her work. To me, too much of it is out of focus, and I really don't care for her editing/shooting styles.

My question is, does she have an actual BUSINESS website, not something through picasa? I am leary about using anyone who doesn't actually have a site. 

• Options

As with everything,  you get what you pay for.

She's new and it appears that she is starting a porfolio (albeit in picasa), I agree with you there are some photos that if I were her (I'd take off my portfolio and pretend I never took) but there are few good ones in there too...its going to be hit and miss 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshopgirl78:

As with everything,  you get what you pay for.

She's new and it appears that she is starting a porfolio (albeit in picasa), I agree with you there are some photos that if I were her (I'd take off my portfolio and pretend I never took) but there are few good ones in there too...its going to be hit and miss 

ITA. You want someone who will give you consistent images. 

• Options

Some of them are not bad, but some of them are not good.

Personally, I wouldn't pay $100 for that. I don't call myself a photographer, but I do take pictures and I charge $50 for something similar and *I* think, my photos are better than that. Gosh, I hope so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"