Parenting after a Loss

Moms of belly sleepers ??

What does your LO sleep in? Currently Jocelyn sleeps in a long-sleeved onesie (with foldover mittens) and a sleep n' play.Then I cover her lower half with a small, light-weight fleece blanket.

I have a sleep-sack, but when I tried it on her a week or so ago it was way too big and bulky around her shoulders and neck. It would have been less safe than the blanket. Plus, I'm not sure if a sleep sack is a good idea for belly sleepers.

Just wondering what you all use.... TIA!

Re: Moms of belly sleepers ??

• I just put her in jammies and cover her with blankets. I "swaddle" just her body. I only wrap a receivng blanket around her body and dont tuck in the arms or tuck up the legs. and throw a blanket over her. We keep the house at around 75 degrees so thats all she needs to stay warm. Plus I live in CA and freezing to us in 50 degrees. ha!
  • A sleeper and blanket from her set. if it's really cold i put a onesie an socks too.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Sleep and play and sleep sack. 
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Sophia started tummy sleeping at 3 weeks.   That was during the summer, so it was warm. We would wear onesies on her then and just cover her up from the waist down.

Now, she's 6 months and we wear sleepers on her.  Sometimes she wears a sleep sack.

• What brand of wearable blanket did you try - some are just one size fits most and crummy design! we love the one made by Halo - The Halo one is not big and bulky comes in sizes for every baby. A sleepsack is SOOOO much safer than a loose blanket! We have a really small baby and the Halo sleepsacks fit her perfectly!
  • I use a sleep sack for my belly sleeper and she loves it. I was told the best sleep sacks are made from premium knitted fabric not woven fabric so won't bunch up when they twist and turn. My daughter sleeps in a knitted merino kids sleep sack (from www.babysleepbags.com) and the fabric 'moves with her' when she rolls about. The bodice fits snugly around her chest and neckline and never rides up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"