Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Bum Genius on a newborn?

I know the 3.0s are to fit newborns 8 pounds and over, but I've read they work best on babies a little bigger (12+ pounds).

We're considering renting newborn diapers at first, then using the BG once baby is a little bigger.

Any experiences to share? 

Re: Bum Genius on a newborn?

• Options
    idk about renting diapers..sounds rather gross imo
  • Options
    I've just heard a lot of people use disposable nb first and then move to BG once baby is a little bigger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have heard the same thing, ask on the eco-friendly board though they have lots of info.

Kerri

• Options
    Thanks for the reference to the other board!
  • Options
    DD was born 8 lbs 10 oz, and lost about 10% of that weight while we were in the hospital. After the meconium was all passed we used the BG's, and they worked just fine.
  • Options
    DD was born weighing 8 lbs and no way would the bg's fit her.  They didn't start to really fit until she was about 10 lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We started using BGs when DS was probably 8.5 lbs.  (He was born 7 lbs.)  We used sposies for 2-3 weeks and then prefolds for another 2-3 weeks before we started our BGs.
  • Options
    We just started using BGs and 2.5 months, when he hit 10 lbs.   We used prefolds before then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've used Bum Genius on our son since day one (he was under 8 lbs) and they fit fine...never a leak! They look big but it is just because we're used to seeing babies in disposables. I think you'd be fine starting with your BG right away.
  • Options
    BGs fit my 9 lb. dd great. We've been using them since she was 8 lbs with no problem.
  • Options
    They are still a little big on my DD- she's around 11lbs now.  I'm going to try again at 2 months. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would recommend getting some prefolds and fitteds(we used Little Lions and Kissaluvs) for the newborn stage.  BG 3.0 didn't fit DS well until he reached about 11-12 lbs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"