2nd Trimester

When are you painting the nursery?

DH wants to get the painting done with soon. (I can not remember when we did DS room.) But I just feel it is too early for some reason. I guess I feel if I get the room done now it will feel like forever until the baby is due. I would rather space things out some.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When are you painting the nursery?

• Dh started painting the nursery after we found out he was a boy and decided on a plan. It was around 20wks.
  • Whenever my sister has time to come over and do it (she's painting it as part of her gift for the baby).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The weekend after our 20w appt.
  • This weekend. I would have waited until later, but I am going to work temp for a few months and want to get it done before I only have weekends for free time.
  • We will for sure what until we know what the baby is, but we are thinking in March/April when its warmer out here and he can open the windows and such. Plus I agree doing it so soon might make it seem like forever till the baby is here, but on the other hand it might be good since then it is all done!
  • I want it done a couple weeks prior to my shower (sometime in April).  Then we will set-up furniture.  It's our office right now though, otherwise I'd probably be pushing the painting and do the furniture later.

I, too, want things done later....otherwise I will be going crazy sitting in the nursery all the time. lol

• We just finished painting the walls last night.  Trim just needs to be hung.  I'm not as far as you, but I know I'll be busy during the late spring/summer so I was hoping to get it done now while we (including my handy-man father) had the time!

• We did ours when I was about 19w.  We did it then so that my dad could help.  He and DH also put the cribs together and put up the curtain rod for my valence.
  • We are probably going to start mid February. We ordered our bedding but won't have it until around then and I want to match the paint perfectly. I am anxious though to start to get the room put together so that I have a place for things.
    image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • DH painted it this week.
  • we've already painted, so i guess i'm no help!
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • we painted last weekend.  my DH wanted to make sure there was enough time for the room to "air out" before the baby comes.  ummm... pretty sure 5 months will do the trick honey. :)

i love that he's so protective and excited.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

{forever remembered and missed my sweet babe}

*m/c 10/10/10 - 7w0d*

• As soon as we find out if it's a boy or girl. Which should be around 20 weeks. We will go out and buy the paint shortly after that! I was just going to go with green no matter what gender, but a part of me would really love to paint it lavender if it's a girl so we're waiting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are having a Super Bowl Party  this Sunday - otherwise he would've started this weekend....he is going to start it next weekend & finish up during the week (hopefully)...I feel like I can't order the furniture until it's painted....we have the paint swatches & stuff so we just have to pick out the right colored lavendar/lilac that goes.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We had it painted right at 18 weeks after we found out what we were having...regardless it was going to be green walls with green stripes on one wall but we were going to insert pale pale pink if it was a boy... Our painter did it and I love him.
  • We will definitely be painting it during February... DH will be super-busy with work on the weekends after that.
  • We painted it when we were 21 weeks. I painted an ocean with Nemo.!
  • I had been looking at rooms and paint colors long before we knew the sex, so as soon as we found out, we started executing the plan.

We started the week between Christmas and NY because DH was off of work.  DH also installed trim on the walls and crown molding. We just need to do some touch-up and the room is ready for furniture!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"