Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Grandma cut DD's hair w/o permisson

I'am bawling right now, and sooo pissed i could spit nails.. DH just called apparently babysitter (great grandma) cut my daughter's hair yes first haircut i was not there.. She needed it was what she told my husband.. No crap i was having my hairdresser come over tonight to do my hair and DD's together..

I 'am sick to my stomach !!!  How could she do this?

Re: Grandma cut DD's hair w/o permisson

• I'd be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.
  • Oh, I would be fuming! I'm sorry you missed it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww I am sorry she did that!  I would be soooo mad!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oooo I would be pissed

I dont plan on cutting my DD's hair until she is 3-4-5

I want to let it grow long with the baby curls.

I would be livid, and then I would probibly get over it because shes old and theres no talking sense into her, she wont understand why your upset.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did she know that you were having it cut tonight? And yes I would be very upset too, so sorry :(
  • i'm sorry!  i'd be livid...
  • I would flip my shiit if anyone cut DD's hair.  I'm so sorry.
  • aww i'm sorry :(  You have every right to be upset... I would be to.
  • O.M.G. I would be LIVID.
  • I would go apeshiiit on her.......I'm so sorry you missed it.
  • Wow.  All kinds of boundaries were crossed.

But please try to think of it this way...the first cut she gets withyou will still be a first.  It will still be important.

And I'd throw a huge fit about your gramma. Wow was she wrong.

• Wow. Talk about overstepping her bounds. I would be so mad. I don't even know what to say to you.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • Oh man, I would be pissed. Did she at least keep a little piece for a keepsake?
  • D...so sorry.  Thats awful.  I cant believe that she would do that.  Im sooo sorry.  I cant even imagine. 

Hippy is right though.  Your first is always the first. 

Plus side, Im sure Fi looks a-freakin-dorable as always.

• I think sometimes relatives think they can do things without asking. Im not saying its right or anything but she is a grandma and well sometimes it gets messy with them.  My kids are about as bald as can be so I have no idea what it would even be like to think of cuting their hair but I sure would want to be there when it happened. Sorry you missed it! =(

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• I actually had a nightmare once the my MIL cut my DD's hair. She use to babysit and use to always make comments about how it was getting straggly and needed to be cut. Thank god she never did it because I would have seriously went apeshit on her ass. I'm so sorry that she did that to your DD.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • If that was my DD - she would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have DD again without my supervision!!!!!

If she is going to cut DD hair - what other boundaries would she also cross without your permission????

• OMG I would be pissed and you have every right to be totally upset!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  •  

Exactly my thoughts what else has she done w/o me knowing? You'd think family would be the best care

imageSept0906:

If that was my DD - she would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have DD again without my supervision!!!!!

If she is going to cut DD hair - what other boundaries would she also cross without your permission????

• Wow. I would be sooo friggin pissed right now. I am afraid that someone is going to do this with DS's hair. We want it to grow long.
  • Oh I'm sorry she did that!  I would be so maaaaad. 
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read this and thought of my mom.  My grandfather did this when I was a baby.  He gave me a bowl hair cut (the bangs part anyway) and when my mom got home from work she was PISSED.

In fact, she still gets a little angry when she talks about it and I'm almost 28.  

Sorry that this happened!

• =(
  • I would be so so so mad!  I actually had a dream about this about a month ago.  I dreamt that my mom cut DD's hair and it was her first cut and I was so upset.  I actually told my mom about it just in case she got any funny ideas.  I know she would never do that but I wanted to cover my bases just in case.
  • I am so sorry, I would bawling!! I am so angry for you!

I guess the only bright side to this is that from looking at the picture, your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! I think she could have no hair or pink hair would still be Beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"