Babies on the Brain

Foreclosures

So my neighborhood is pretty new maybe like 4 years old. People in here were buying their houses when all the arm loans were big I guess  3 neighbors in my court were foreclosed on and they have been packing up all week. They came over asked me if they get close to dead line and they dont have everything done if they can hide things at my house so the bank doesn't take it. Crazy stuff.

Re: Foreclosures

• banks will usually put locks on the doors of houses once they file foreclosure, which is actually illegal.....but whatever.

they should stay in their home with their stuff until the last possible moment.  seriously.  people think they have to leave immediately when a foreclosure is filed and that's not true.  foreclosures take forever, sometimes years.  the bank doesn't own the house until there is a sheriff's sale and a deed filed. 

me.him.2boys.2dogs.
  • Yikes.  My friend bought a foreclosed home and it had like nothing in it... literally, the light fixtures had been taken down and all the appliances were removed.  The owners had taken all that stuff out to sell it before the bank took possession.  Crazy stuff.
  • image lenloe:

banks will usually put locks on the doors of houses once they file foreclosure, which is actually illegal.....but whatever.

they should stay in their home with their stuff until the last possible moment.  seriously.  people think they have to leave immediately when a foreclosure is filed and that's not true.  foreclosures take forever, sometimes years.  the bank doesn't own the house until there is a sheriff's sale and a deed filed. 

Yea, my mom is going thru a foreclosure.  Shes been going through it for a year, and still has possession of her house, and the items inside of it.  She is still able to go in and out of it.  Though, I don't agree living in it til the last possible minute.  I'd hate to get the knock on the door from the Sheriff stating to get out NOW! 

lol, though, my moms foreclosure, she can still technically attempt to pay off what she owes and to get caught up.  She's just letting it go, since she's moved out of it and into an apartment.  She's a divorced woman, with no one else to support, so it's not bothering her to have it on her record.

• What len said.

I was showing a foreclosed home once and there was a huge sinkhole in the backyard and the basement was literally crawling with mold. The listing agent later told me the people had had an above ground pool and emptied it right into the yard and packed it up and took it with them. They must have flooded the basement when they did that.

2 girls and a dog
  • Len I knew they got foreclosure papers months ago so I dont know what is up. I dont know a lot about what goes on with them. Both houses are really nice and they are not trashing them on the way out like many people do I hope we get some nice people in there I really hope they are  not bought by investors to rent out :(
  • well i guess not that kind of last possible minute!  but you'd know when the sale date at sheriff's sale would be.  true, you don't want to have to be evicted. 

me.him.2boys.2dogs.
  • image lenloe:

banks will usually put locks on the doors of houses once they file foreclosure, which is actually illegal.....but whatever.

True dat.  In Texas it is really hard to evict people, so even if they do forclose, it could take another year or so to get the Sherriff to make you leave :)

• Oh wow Heather that is awful. Yea the said item they want to hide at my house is one of those huge trampolines for her kids. They said they dont have time to pack it before the date I wonder if they have been going through foreclosure that long. She had the house for sale since her husband cheated on her over a year ago and left.The for sale sign came down in Dec. I dont know how long you can try to sell a house you are behind on.