Babies: 6 - 9 Months

7 month old baby keeps waking up at night

My baby girl is 7.5 month old. She use to sleep well till she was 6.5 month old. Only wake up twice at night. once at 12am and then around 3-4am. Around 6.5 months age she learn to crawl and teething. For 2 weeks she woke up every 1-2 hours. Those were worse 2 weeks. Currently her sleep routine is she has her bottle around 5pm then solids around 6-6:30, bath at 7:30pm, then i rock her to sleep and in crib by 8pm. She always wakes up at 9pm just for few mins. I rock her she goes to sleep. Then she will wake up around 11pm for feeding. about 5oz bottle and off to sleep. Wakes up at 2-2:30am for another 2oz of bottle. Wakes up at 4:30am for diaper change and back to sleep.  She will wake up at directly 7-7:30am in morning. Sometimes she will wakeup briefly around 5:30am and goes to sleep after i rock her.

How do train her to sleep through night. I dont mind if she wakes up 1-2 times. Is there anything I can do other then CIO sleep training to train her to sleep. Any suggestion on natural supplements that are good that I should give for her to sleep?

Re: 7 month old baby keeps waking up at night

• megk510 said:
    My baby girl is 7.5 month old. She use to sleep well till she was 6.5 month old. Only wake up twice at night. once at 12am and then around 3-4am. Around 6.5 months age she learn to crawl and teething. For 2 weeks she woke up every 1-2 hours. Those were worse 2 weeks. Currently her sleep routine is she has her bottle around 5pm then solids around 6-6:30, bath at 7:30pm, then i rock her to sleep and in crib by 8pm. She always wakes up at 9pm just for few mins. I rock her she goes to sleep. Then she will wake up around 11pm for feeding. about 5oz bottle and off to sleep. Wakes up at 2-2:30am for another 2oz of bottle. Wakes up at 4:30am for diaper change and back to sleep.  She will wake up at directly 7-7:30am in morning. Sometimes she will wakeup briefly around 5:30am and goes to sleep after i rock her.

How do train her to sleep through night. I dont mind if she wakes up 1-2 times. Is there anything I can do other then CIO sleep training to train her to sleep. Any suggestion on natural supplements that are good that I should give for her to sleep?
    Firstly, I would talk to your pediatrician before you start any sleep training and definitely before starting any supplements. I also believe there is an 8 month sleep regression that you might be hitting early.

When I started feeding my daughter more frequently during the day (breastfed, so every 3 hours) she started sleeping longer at night on her own. I then started reducing the amount I fed her at night over the course of a week, feeding for less time each night. So you could reduce the amount you bottle feed each night until the baby doesn't bother waking up for it.

Good luck!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • going thru the same thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • In the same boat since 4.5Months (he’s 7.5 now). Attempted CIO method but he screams for hours and that in itself is too much for me. The doc recommended we switch water for the food he eats at night (my LO associates food with sleeping) hoping if we substitute water it won’t be worth the wake up and fus when he comes out of a deep sleep he’ll just “roll over” in a sense and go back to bed. Maybe try no rocking but use a white noise machine or something that doesn’t turn off so when she wakes she doesn’t feel the need to be rocked to sleep? Hope something works!  
  • Ooh! Also if you haven’t tried essential oils might give that ago.