August 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

WTF? Symptoms, life, people, ... go ahead and unload!

My WTF this morning - The water is off in my school. As in not working, possibly frozen. But we are all still in school. Cannot use the bathrooms, no water for the drinking fountains. Should be sending everyone home but my TWaffle of a principal is not doing that. WTF. This is not helping my strong desire to vomit all over the place.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF! car in front of me this morning.  Dude used his horn 20+ times in a ten mile drive.  I think he was "saying hi" to passing cars.  Seriously annoying.

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• @AKFarmerBecky Are students there?  Parents are gonna be pissed. So is the janitor.

• Loading the player...
  • @PeachyTeachy
    Yes, students are here. So is the Janitor. Kids are going to PE and running around, and complaining about how thirsty they are... there is no water to make milk or juice for lunch. I'm not sure there is water to make LUNCH. This is total BS.
  • @AKFarmerBecky That seems super dangerous! Sounds like your principal is asking for trouble..

My WTF goes out to our contractor... we're re-doing our upstairs bathroom - added a tub with subway tile surround. Everything looks great except the tile pieces on the edge are 100% NOT straight and look awful. From tub to ceiling there's basically a jagged, crooked line. He came over last night and promised he'd fix them, but I'm skeptical. Ugh renovations always seem to take double the amount of time and $$ you budget for. At least this new bathroom will be for LO and any other future kiddos, so that part makes it fun to think about!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The new guy next to me in my computer area is a chronic knuckle cracker, and a mouth breather.  It's not loud, but he could probably use a mint.  The knuckle cracking drives me nuts, though.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My WTF today - people that cannot pickup after their dogs.  I stepped in dog poop this morning, and the only other shoes I had in my car were my 6 inch steve madden wedges.  I'm sure it's been amusing for people at work watching me try to run to the bathroom to throw up in these heels on uneven tile.  
  • NxyNxy member
    wtf MIL who is insisting that she is flying out to visit in April. She hasn't bought her tickets yet and says she won't be buying them until March. I KNOW she isn't going to fly out. She's flaky. Some things have changed for DH at work and he'll be home soon just to turn around and leave again around April for a few months. If she decides to not be flaky and actually flies over here while DH is gone ya'll are gonna be reading in the news about how a 6 month pregnant lady murdered her mother-in-law in paris. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BlackNYellow for real?!?! Your MIL wanted to do that?! 
  • @BlackNYellow for real?!?! Your MIL wanted to do that?! 
    She wanted to be there for the ultrasound but she is a nurse and knows what happens at the first appt. Surely it had to cross her mind that I will be basically naked under that gown and she might see/hear things that probably should not be seen or heard by your MIL?! She is also super excited for her first grandchild. I can understand the excitement but that is just a little weird to have my MIL at an appt with me. I told her she could come to one of our other ultrasounds. Hopefully this will appease her and prevent her from asking if she can be in L&D with us too! :open_mouth:
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• WTF DOG?!???? You wanted us to come home so badly that you chewed a huge hole in the blinds? We were gone for 20 mintues. 20 MINUTES!!!!!
  • PeachyTeachyPeachyTeachy member
    edited January 2017
    @BlackNYellow I don't think a pap smear is common place at the first appointment unless you're due for one.  This is my 4th pregnancy and I haven't had a pap smear while pregnant... but I also never needed one.  IDK, maybe I'm a special snowflake and just don't realize. :-?

ETA: Appointments aren't for spectators, share the pictures after. :)

• WTF is our fireplace leaking? We got the chimney fixed this summer so it shouldn't be. Thanks, rain!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My WTF is that my insurance only covers ONE routine U/S. Apparently, they will cover more if the Dr. deems it medically necessary...

I guess I'm going to have to get my Dr. to code any ultrasounds as medically necessary? I feel like the NT scan and 20-week scan are medically necessary! My list of questions for my first Dr's appointment is going to be a mile long.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NxyNxy member
    @Mango517  if you make sure your doctor knows your insurance is picky about how they are billed they should be able to bill it right for you. My SIL didn't even talk to her doctor about it and paid for all but one of her ultrasounds. Afterward I guess they talked and if she had said something the office would have worked to bill them so she didn't have to pay for all of them. She paid for all of them except her 20-week anatomy scan. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm kinda the worst about being pro-active insurance stuff, but this is really forcing me to get my butt in gear about my healthcare. 

That's exactly the situation I'm trying to avoid @Nxy. I'm hoping they'll work with me to get them covered. Especially since I see a 2k submitted bill from the hospital I went to just hanging out in my insurance portal. (Which I'm not sure why it's so effing high for one u/s) I can't swing 2k per u/s!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 ugh, my insurance too! so annoying 

@Nxy that's such a good idea! I didn't think to do that, I will mention that to my MD during my next appointment!

I have horrible insurance (I think) and have to pay quite a bit to have this baby! bleh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many ultrasounds do you guys plan on having??? Just curious. I only had 2 with my daughter (and I'm considered High risk). The dating scan and then 20 week check. Do your Dr's do more than that?

• I'd like to do a follow up dating scan to make sure everything is on track, the NT scan (is that the big 2nd tri u/s?), plus possibly one more near the end to check on size and positioning for delivery. I've already had one u/s due to a small bleeding episode. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I had four ulterasounds total last time. One was because I was measuring small in the third trimester so maybe three is normal at my doc. The dating scan, the anatomy scan, and one close to delivery. I also had a pap smear at my first appointment because I was due for one but I was checked fairly often down there during my appointments with my ds. My ultrasound  was always held in a different room though. I actually have to schedule it separately (usually 30 minutes before my OB appointment) funny how things vary so much for each doctor!
  • I technically had 4 last time but my 3rd was when I was 40 weeks bc I was measuring ahead and they wanted to check baby's size. My 4th was at the hospital after my water broke at 40w 5d bc she was positioned so high they couldn't feel if she was head down or not. So they weren't really fun ultrasounds and I'll likely stick to 2 if all goes well this time. Not sure if they will want a 3rd before my RCS or not.
  • No dating scan for me. My birth center only recommends the 20-week A/S.  I'll also have NT at 12 by choice.