July 2017 Moms

I'm leaking? *TMI Post* :)

So, FTM here, aka- Paranoid! So I am exactly 15 weeks today. For the past few days (maybe a week) I have been "leaking", like I notice my panties are wet, not drenched, but definitely wet. I chalked it up to DC, then to maybe I am leaking urine, but then after Googling it, I saw people say that it could be amniotic fluid. I am sure it is more likely urine as it does have a stronger odor (ammonia like) but I was curious if anyone else has had this happen? Is it too early for me to be "leaking"? lol 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I'm leaking? *TMI Post* :)

• It's more likely to be discharge or urine, but if you think you're leaking amniotic fluid you should contact your doctor. For what it's worth, I don't think amniotic fluid has an ammonia smell. I've seen it described as sweet, or earthy smelling. But I have no personal experience there. 
  • @MamaPigon It's probably discharge, but call your doctor anyways. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • It's probably just discharge. I think it changes consistency around that time- if I remember correctly. I think it may depend on color too but I can't remember the smell of amniotic fluid.. But of course if you're nervous you should call your doctor!!
  • Yes, I know I should call my doctor, but I have an appt next Friday so I thought I would ask others experiences before bumping my appt. Thank you for your feedback!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MamaPigon said:
    So, FTM here, aka- Paranoid! So I am exactly 15 weeks today. For the past few days (maybe a week) I have been "leaking", like I notice my panties are wet, not drenched, but definitely wet. I chalked it up to DC, then to maybe I am leaking urine, but then after Googling it, I saw people say that it could be amniotic fluid. I am sure it is more likely urine as it does have a stronger odor (ammonia like) but I was curious if anyone else has had this happen? Is it too early for me to be "leaking"? lol 
    @MamaPigon

I had something similar and it was just an excess of discharge for me. I had to wear panty liners for a week or so.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I would call your doctor as he/she might want to have you come in to get swabbed to determine what it is. Chances are it's increased discharge from pregnancy hormones, but it's always good to check! 
  • I have so much discharge sometimes it's wet on my thighs. And I can feel it coming out. I hope it's discharge for you but mine is EXCESSIVE so don't be alarmed if it is as well. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I had to wear liners with my previous pregnancies as the time went on. For me closer to the middle. Hope all is well! 
  • Ugh same i feel gross! It's like being a teenager again. Don't worry it's most probably just discharge!
  • star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited January 2017

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think of this scene in Star Trek. I couldn't resist. :smiley:
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @MamaPigon - better safe than sorry!
  • @manapigon maybe embassasing for you but I didn't even think about the fact that could happen. Good to know. 
  • @MamaPigon, happy to hear all is well.
  • @MamaPigon better safe than sorry. Don't worry you aren't alone. I'm glad that it wasn't something serious. 
  • MamaPigon said:
    Went to the doctor, apparently baby is just sitting on my bladder... how embarrassing!
    Glad all is okay mama! 
  • @MamaPigon glad you got it checked out and everything is ok!