February 2016 Moms
Options

First Birthday Photo Ideas

Hi, all. As we quickly approach our LO's first birthday parties, I'm thinking about managing photos of the event. My concerns are twofold: 1.) I'm hardly ever in photos with LO, because I'm always the one taking them. I would like some memories of me with my LO for a change, not behind the camera. 2.) I hate begging people to send me their digital photos. Sometimes people forget, don't send all of them, etc. It's awkward asking.

So, I'm thinking of going old school. Providing people with disposable cameras and asking them to snap away-- and then leave the cameras at the door before they leave. Is that cheesy? I know that people still do it at weddings, but I'm trying to find a way to remedy my two concerns above but in a fun way that gets people involved.

Thoughts? TIA! 

Re: First Birthday Photo Ideas

• Options
    I think I'm going to recruit my dad to be the official photo taker for the party and give him my camera. That way I'll get all the pictures and I'll be in them! 

Do you have someone attending you could designate as the photographer? 
  • Options
    I love the disposable camera idea -and who cares if its cheesy if its the only way u get lots of pics go for it!!!!!I have the same problem not being in photos unless my mother n law is around .she's amazing at taking photos and takes a new pic every few seconds") 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    =caenis==caenis= member
    edited January 2017
    The disposable camera idea is great! You could put together a really cute old-school album, which sounds like fun.

Side note: we have one of those Fujifilm Instax "polaroid" cameras. We got it years ago for our wedding, to take pics of ourselves with guests and hand them out immediately. It worked out really well - I imagine it would also be fun at a 1-year birthday party. You could see right away if you like the pic or if you want a retake. ;)

• Options
    The disposable camera is cute ! I don't think it's cheesy . When we got married we had created a hashtag to associate with the wedding it was nice to be able to pull the pics from Instagram or Facebook that way we're probably doing the same for babies first birthday 
  • Options
    I love the disposable camera idea! 
  • Options
    robinj716robinj716 member
    edited January 2017
    I asked my mom to be the "photographer" because I don't want to miss important photos that I want to be in also. 

I plan to take my own photos of the decorations before everyone arrives. And try to get a family photo before everyone arrives.