November 2016 Moms
Options

should I be concerned?

What is your LO doing or not doing?
I am getting a little worried as my LO is still not doing certain things.  He sometimes makes eye contact but a lot of time if i'm trying to talk to him he just looks around and won't lock on me.  He also when on his playmate likes to have his head tilted a certain way and won't always turn it (he can as I have seen him do it but won't do it often even if I try getting him to turn by talking on the other side..showing him a toy and moving it, clapping my hands.  He is starting to smile in general more but still isn't really smiling in response to us. 
Should I be concerned??

That said he has been rolling over from belly to back inconsistently since 3 weeks old..not every day but enough times that it's more than just a fluke

Re: should I be concerned?

• Options
    Mine definitely prefers his head a certain way and depending on his mood he either won't turn it or will turn for half a second then go back. I figure when I lay down I like my head a certain way and he does too 
  • Options
    Mine also prefers a certain direction  fir her head.   And she still stares behind us a lot of the time,  and refuses to make eye contact.   She does smile at us,  but she's been doing that for a long time.   

It never hurts to mention things at a well child check,  but what you are saying sounds completely normal.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I often wonder the same thing since M doesn't seem too interested in toys or holding them. The good news is his grip on my hands is so strong but he seems to have more interest in me then any toy. 
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    I often wonder the same thing since M doesn't seem too interested in toys or holding them. The good news is his grip on my hands is so strong but he seems to have more interest in me then any toy. 
    Our 2.5 yo is still more interested in us than any toy. Sometimes I think those toys are more for us to feel like we're doing more. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    Your post is exactly my LO except the rolling over. She is 8 weeks prefers her head looking to the right. Doesn't look the other way for me or toys or anything. She hates tummy time and doesn't hold herself up for very long if at all. She doesn't lock eyes with me too often. She cannot roll over. She doesn't smile really. The only thing I would say she does is make cooing noises and brings her hands to her mouth and eyes.

from what I read a lot of development things are expected by or around 6 months. I plan on taking to her doctor at the next visit.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua
    when is your well visit? Let me know what your dr says.  Ours is next thursday and I will bring it up as well. That said I saw my friend today who's his pediatrician on a social visit, not office visit and she isn't concerned.  She said she wouldn't worry about this not tracking things until 4 months.  His not reacting to clapping or things she thinks he is just a chill baby.  She did see him smile at her and look at her. She said at this point they are still so young it's hard to tell what they can and can't do and not to worry for now.   He usually does ok with tummy time and can lift his head pretty well.
  • Options
    @rachlee2010 her appointment is next Thursday as well.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua
    We can both keep each other posted then. My ped happens to be a good friend of mine so I did talk to her..She isn't concerned yet.  She said yes there are babies who can do these things already and he isn't but he is growing, gaining weight and otherwise doing just fine. At this point she thinks it's something to keep an eye on but wouldn't be overly concerned about.  It's just so hard as a mom to not worry.  
  • Options
    @m6agua  what did your dr say?? My little guy in the 3-4 days leading up to our appointment started to smile more and make better eye contact..His dr is not at all concerned right now.  He is growing really nicely and she saw him smile and look at her and make some noises (i'm nots sure they were really coo's but she said they were)
  • Options
    @rachlee2010 pretty much the same. She started smiling and cooing so much this past week. My doctor isn't concerned. The only thing is she did notice that she likes to look to the right and told us to encourage her to look to the left more and showed us a stretch we could do with her neck.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua my dr also said to encourage turning the other way and tummy time helps with that.