August 2017 Moms

Anyone else get nervous at 12 week appointment?

I have my 12 week appointment tomorrow and I am so nervous.  I haven't had a whole lot of problems but I have gone through 12 week appointments twice this will be my third and this appointment causes me the most anxiety.  Hearing that little heartbeat on the Doppler just is so relieving and scary for me.  Anyone else have this feeling?  

Re: Anyone else get nervous at 12 week appointment?

• I'm 11 weeks (today!) and won't go for my appointment  until I'm 13 weeks. (Boo..) I think often about this next appointment too. Hearing our baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks was amazing and with the doc saying everything looked good and great... You just can't help but keep worrying that everything's going well in there and forming as it should be. 

Good luck tomorrow!! I'm sure everything will be great for you and the rest of us momma's! 
  • I have my appointment tomorrow too and I'm all sorts of nervous. I haven't had any issues but your mind still goes to all the what ifs and everything. I'll hopefully feel much better after we hear good news but it's still nerve-wracking. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I always feel nervous before appts. 
  • NxyNxy member
    I think it's normal to feel nervous before all your appointments. My next appointment isn't until the end of the month and I'm already nervous for it. Not to sound cliche but you're going to be nervous for everything about this little baby for.. idk ever? DD is almost 3 and every little cough and fall makes me nervous lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is very true!  I am the same way with my 2 boys.   I just finished my appointment and everything was great but now I'm like next appointment jitters in 4 weeks! 
  • I have mine next friday, i'm super nervous, i've been having lots of cramping, etc. Nothing points to anything being wrong but still anxious for it.
  • I had been having lots of cramps no bleeding just cramps which with my other two I remember cramping but not as severe as this.  I had her check a urine which came out fine she said probably uterine stretching and I said it felt worse then with my other two and she said probably how my uterus is laying as things has shifted
  • I'm so nervous before all of my appointments that my blood pressure actually goes up. They have a note in my chart that says "white coat syndrome" because my BP is always higher. I've had a lot of issues/loss so, I get real anxious every time I go. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Om going next friday for an ultrasound at 9weeks. I just want to hear my baby's heart beat. Sometimes i feel so worried that something is wrong since we cant yet feel it move or any sign that there is an actual baby in me, besides through the ultrasound. My 12week appt is also scheduled and i know we wont have an us then, but seeing the doctor just makes me feel.more relieved about the future weeks. I wish we would see our doctors sooner than every 4 weeks. Haha