Infertility
Options

First month on clomid..

blackrose-9blackrose-9 member
edited January 2017 in Infertility

This is my first cycle doing any type of treatments and we used clomid 50mg. She had me start taking it day 2 in the evening. During the five days I took the pills I only got moody on the last two days of it. I had no other symptoms to go with it. Its currently day 20 and I get my results in a week (1/23). As I mentioned before in my intro, my husband was sick on the day of my surge and the day after (day 15&16), but we had BMS on day 10,12,17,18,&19. I'm not sure if those days will be enough to get a positive, but we're still hoping. It's hard not to be discouraged though. Anyway, I had two large follicles (larger one at 30 and the other not far behind) and the doctor said that I may experience cramping or twinges during the egg release due to the size. I started getting cramps about two days ago as well as feeling sick to my stomach. The nausea is probably from whatever my husband had though a part of me hopes that it's not. My question for you lovely ladies is "how long can you have the side effects of clomid for?". I know nausea is a side effect sometimes and my mood swings came back in full swing yesterday.. I cried over someone else cutting up my pineapple.. :/ Hilarious to my husband not so much to me.

As far as my periods go, normally its about a 34 day cycle and I don't usually get any warning signs. Occasionally sore breasts, but no cramps unless its a late period and that normally starts after my period has already started. I get moody from time to time, but no where like I did while taking the clomid pills. Because of this I feel like the pills are to blame for the pineapple tears, but I don't know if I would still be feeling the effects after this long.  

Any advice or information would be great! I'm kind of just going with it for now and I feel like I will be doing this again next cycle thanks to the unfortunate event, so anything will help.

Re: First month on clomid..

• Options
    @blackrose I did 3 cycles of clomid in 2015 with TI. My side effects stopped the day after the last dose.  GL! 

Married: October 2014

Me: 35 DH: 39

TTC since November 2014

Diagnosis: Anovulation from PCOSish without syndrome, Male factors - low motility and morphology issues

April-Sept. 2015 - Clomid and TI - BFN

Dec. 2015- HSG - Clear tubes

Jan., Feb., March 2016 - Letrozole 7.5mg and TI with HCG trigger= BFN

April, May, June 2016 - Letrozole 7.5mg and IUI with HCG trigger= BFN

September 2016 - IVF round #1;ER 9/26 with ICSI on 14 eggs - developed mild OHSS. 

Sept 2016 - 12 non-PGS embryos frozen (5 5AAs)

FET #1 Jan 16, 2017 - BFP!- MC at 6W5d

FET #2 May 8, 2017 - BFP! EDD 1-24-2018

• Options
    @JESSABER0414 Thank you! Considering I hadn't had any mood swings since the last day of taking it I figured it probably wasn't that. Its probably the emotions and stress of the tww
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any time you mess with your hormones it can affect your entire cycle. Everyone is different, so what happened for someone else may not be what happens for you. hang in there!
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    BlackRose, did you do a trigger shot? I did not and I also have 34 day cycles so I  am debating when to do a HPT.  What cycle day are you planning to take one?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @relax&smile2 I was supposed to get the shot, but she decided I didn't need it. They are having me come in on the 23 (day 27) for a blood test. I keep stopping myself from buying a HPT even though I desperately want to. 
  • Options
    I did 3 Clomid IUI cycles in 2015. All were BFN but my body reacted differently each cycle. First one we did 50mg and I didn't trigger until cd18. Got my period while on progesterone 13dpo. 
     Cycles 2 and 3 we did 100mg, side effects were obviously stronger, triggered cd 12 and cd 14 respectively. Still got AF by 13dpo while on progesterone. I have mild pcos, my cycles are around 33-40 days non medicated and I ovulate irregularly. 
     I had a lot of mood swings on the higher dose, lasting a week or more after my last dose. Every symptom I had after ovulation was from the progesterone. 
     Good luck. Clomid can be a blessing or a curse. I hope it's a blessing for you.
  • Options
    Thank you @Stepmomttcmy1
    I went days without being moody so I thought that was it but then bam they were back!
  • Options
    Medications affect people differently and even the same person can have different effects from cycle to cycle. If I've learned anything it's that symptoms don't mean anything, as frustrating as that sounds! The only thing consistent for me is that progesterone supplements are the worst! Good luck!
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• Options
    I did 100mg from CD 3-7 and the only side effects I really noticed were the hot flashes and according to DH, I was a bit grumpy, lol. Hot flashes were killer though. It was -25C outside where I live and I was outside in just a light sweater XD

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• Options
    edited January 2017

I was expecting hot flashes, but never got them. Just really moody for the last two days then the mood swings started up again. According to my DH I'm an "emotional wreck" since those pills. I'm not much of a crier, but this month has seen so many tears haha

Edited for typo

• Options
    Does clomid change your cycle length? Mine is normally around 34...should I be expecting it to be shorter this time around?