April 2017 Moms
Options

Monday ticker change 1/16

1. How far along?

2. How big is baby?

3. Appt this week?

4. Symptoms?

5. Rants/raves?

6. What did you do to prepare for baby this week?

7. Are you taking any birthing classes or other classes to prepare for birth and baby? If so, when?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

Re: Monday ticker change 1/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KaraMG35  I am so with you on this work thing!  some weeks ago my finance BP said "let's face it, you are not coming back" - well lets face it I bloody am!!!!!!!!  I love my job and importantly, I earn a lot, I don't want to lose either the job satisfaction or the money.  My husband has over 50 days holiday a year, so he can take some time off to "extend" my mat leave and this way baby will only go to nursery when he is 8 months.  stop trying to say that I will change my mind, I wont change my mind!!!  I hate the term "full time mum" - (stay at home mum is much better).  Are you saying that if i come back to work, i am not a mother full time?  Do I stop being a mother when I walk out of the door, then become a mother again when I get home??  Some people...    :#
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Options
    1. How far along? 27 weeks

2. How big is baby? Lettuce

3. Appt this week? On Thursday - glucose test.  Super hoping I pass since I had GD with the last pregnancy but we shall see.  Last time I was so close to the fail markers they decided to fail me anyways - better safe than sorry I guess!

4. Symptoms? None lately.

5. Rants/raves? 

6. What did you do to prepare for baby this week? Starting trying to pick fabric for her room so my mom can sew the curtains, sheets, and rail cover. We also got everything painted and furniture in place.  Just need to get some pictures up and order the name for over her crib. 

7. Are you taking any birthing classes or other classes to prepare for birth and baby? If so, when? I might take a breastfeeding class - this is #2 so that would probably be it if I do that at all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SDSwenson Sounds like you are having a horrible week! Keep us updated on your dog. So sad...  :'(
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    I will definitely keep you updated.  I should know more this PM. Thanks @KirstinH88
  • Options
    @SDSwenson sorry to hear about your dog and your electricity!! That is always a pain in the butt and being out overnight would be horrible.  
  • Options
    Thanks @taylor72 its finally back on!  It was out for 21 hours total!
  • Options
    @SDSwenson was it cold where you are? How did you keep warm??  :o
  • Options
    Nolegirl1185Nolegirl1185 member
    edited January 2017
    @SDSwenson I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and the crap week you have had.  I think it's going around!  Edited because if I had finished reading the posts I would have read that your electricity finally came back on!  Woohoo. 
  • Options
    Its pretty cold @HGRich but thankfully the last few nights havent been too bad. I think last night it didnt get below 35. Snuggles and lots of blankets!

Thanks @Nolegirl1185
  • Options
    Y'all pregnancy brain has officially struck! I was pretty sure I had an appt this morning but apparently it was Tuesday. Ugh - attempting to reschedule it now.  Anyone else feeling the true pregnancy brain?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @m&max yes!  :s I've been a total moron and forgetful. And clumsy. Not loving it. 
  • Options
    For some reason numbers don't work for me anymore.  Everyday when I teach math I make some sort of stupid mistake.  Or I'll say one number and write another.  

• Options
    @aboxofchocolates This is how I envision math while pregnant. Thank god for Excel sheets and calculators!

Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone! I seriously felt so dumb calling to reschedule. I've never just completely missed an appt before. Here's to hoping next week I get it right!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @m&max  I have been forgetful AND clumsy.  Broke three glasses over the holidays!! 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)