June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/16

Drop your thoughts, dear diaries, rants or raves here ladies!  
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/16

• Options
    I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed this morning. I will not be able to be functional tonight as a nurse if I have to try to sleep at the hospital during the day. 
  • Options
    Ugh.  I am sorry @huskermom14.  Are you stuck because of the ice?  If so, I hope you can make it home safely soon!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    Ugh.  I am sorry @huskermom14.  Are you stuck because of the ice?  If so, I hope you can make it home safely soon!
    They were talking overnight like it was possible we'd be stuck at the hospital because of the ice storm, but one of our docs just rounded and said main roads are slick but driveable if you take your time. The problem will be side roads if you live deep in a neighborhood, which thankfully we don't. I'm give it my best to get home I think.
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @huskermom14 I hope you're able to get home to sleep. I definitely couldn't take that part of being a nurse.

My ultrasound is at 11:15 and this is going to be the longest 3 hours EVER. I have no patience.
  • Options
    @huskermom14, hope you don't have to stay! Now I'm curious as to which hospital you work at, obviously you don't have to say, but I'm kind of geeked to have a bumpie close. I've only ever had GTGs with Omaha bumpies.
  • Options
    The stomach bug hit my house (read: me) again this weekend.  I'm down 5lbs this weekend.  I had lost almost 10 in first tri, and last week had finally started gaining some of it back.  Now I'm a total of -11 lbs since the start of the pregnancy.  I have yet to be able to keep food down.  And I'm pretty sure I was dealing with BH contractions all night because of dehydration - I've upped my water intake all night long and it seems to be a little better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13. That's terrible. Can you call your OB and have them prescribe medication like zofran? Or go to the ER for fluids and meds?
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    I'm at home by myself. My son had school and hubs had to work. This never happens so I don't quite know what to do with myself!! I am laying in bed watching movies. The Intern with Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway turned out to be way more emotional than funny but I enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    @huskermom14, glad you made it home! That's where I'm delivering. Dr. Martin is my doc.
  • Options
    @hopeful808 I have an appointment today anyway for the 2nd blood draw of the quad screen so I can ask when I go in.  I was able to just eat a plain bagel, so we'll see what happens.  The crampy pains I was dealing with all night seem to have subsided so hopefully I'm on the tail end of everything.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good to hear everyone made it through their respective storms/weather this weekend.  

Also @FSUNole31 thank you for the Richard Sherman gif!  He's awesome!  
  • Options
    @awillis13 that's good that you are feeling slightly better. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    I have a very short week this week due to going on vacation. I have so much to do but I can't seem to gather the motivation to do any of it.
  • Options
    @awillis13 I'm suffering from the stomach bug too. Real bad. I'm on hour 9 of vomiting and cant keep anything done. Ugh I hope you get to feeling better soon. 
  • Options
    DH flew out today to Tuscon and won't get back until Friday. I have a terrible time when he's gone because I worry about every little noise I hear. I'm hoping the nights aren't so bad this time around. 
  • Options
    @kassyfry I hope you are feeling better soon!  That bug is no joke!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am way overdue for an oil change so I finally forced myself to go do it. I have a groupon for it and the first place I went didn't take it. The second place I went had an hour and a half wait. Now I'm waiting at my third try. As a pregnant lady I'm feeling overly inconvenienced and sorry for myself right now. 
  • Options
    I fell down the last five steps of our stairwell this morning. Luckily it was on my butt and I'm sure the baby is fine but I was all worked up. I woke up stressed out and cranky from weird dreams that had me stressed out and was running late for work (I work for an aviation company so no holidays- just extra vacation days). Thank goodness my husband was home to help clean up the mess that my yogurt and bowl made when it went flying and to help calm me down. I called the doctors office and the nurse said at 17weeks the baby still has plenty of cushion in there. As I sit here eating my lunch I am pretty sure I am feeling my first baby movements. Thinking it's my little ones way of telling me they are ok in there! Now the bruise I am sure I have coming my way is another story. 
  • Options
    @graceriesz glad you are ok and hope the rest of your day in uneventful!!  Yay for baby movements though!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    @graceriesz my worst fear!  Glad to hear you're doing ok though and feeling baby kick!
  • Options
    Just took DD to the pedi in hopes of figuring out why our usually sweet and happy kid has become a holy terror in the last few weeks (yelling, hitting, and just angry). Theories include ear issues (she has tubes, and he couldn't see one due to the quantity of hard ear wax stuck in there), lingering cold/strep, me being pregnant, or "she's nearly 3". So now it's time to go to her ENT, possibly run bloodwork, and wonder what we can do to help her be herself again. (Hmm...this turned into a bit more of a b*tch than intended.)

TL; DR: My kid is being difficult and it's making us crazy. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    huskermom14huskermom14 member
    edited January 2017
    @huskermom14, glad you made it home! That's where I'm delivering. Dr. Martin is my doc.
    Love him!! He's so great. Maybe I'll be your nurse when you deliver, lol! How fun would that be for a first meetup?! "Congrats! So nice to meet you! Now I'm gonna push on your belly..." ;)
  • Options
    Love him!! He's so great. Maybe I'll be your nurse when you deliver, lol! How fun would that be for a first meetup?! "Congrats! So nice to meet you! Now I'm gonna push on your belly..." ;)
    Right? 'Now I need to check your hemorrhoids.'  :#
    Hawkward. No, it would be pretty cool though.
  • Options
    Hahahaha, we'll go ahead and make sure not to get too friendly right out of the gate, @Stankonia2014. The nice thing about working that unit is people are pretty good about trading patients if you know someone and shit could be weird. 
  • Options
    @Heliumgirl717 My H is currently gone also and my sleep has been horrible. We haven't even been sleeping in the same room due to his snoring but him not even being in the house automatically means someone must be trying to break in every 30 minutes all night. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Ugh, you poor girls with the stomach flu. I am so sorry. Here's hoping today is a better day for you!  I've heard that so many people have it this year. I just want to hide under a rock. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I think H has a death wish. I'm sick. I have a head cold it feels like an elephant is sitting on my sinuses. Needless to say I can't breathe and couldn't sleep. Hs alarm went off and he starts whining about me tossing and turning all night keeping him awake. 

O I'm sorry I was trying to breathe and get comfortable with the bump. Seriously he will be lucky if he is allowed in the bed tonight, he can sleep on the couch. Jerk. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    Do you think that Ramzi theory post is someone familiar trying to bait you in to report people and get them banned? Just a thought now that the llama is down... be careful. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    ^^^ I agree @LAMCH1980 Plus it's boring drama. Been there done that like 100 times. If you are going to troll, please make it believable and exciting. 
  • Options
    @LAMCH1980 I agree with you and @Wino0920  but it amazes me that people have the time to waste on something that dumb.  
  • Options
    @Heliumgirl717 @meilay I get the same way when DH isn't home at night... I **knock on wood** have never had an incident like burglary but gosh, I get so freaked out at night in the dark by myself... I hear every single house sound and everything outside.  Even with DH in the same bed, just Sunday night/Monday morning I got woken up by a strange noise at 3:45am and just couldn't go back to sleep... I tried tapping DH but he was in sleep mode/didn't hear it.  Obviously everything was fine...

• Options
    Heliumgirl717Heliumgirl717 member
    edited January 2017
    @michaela0704 @meilay  I'm deathly afraid of something happening and not being able to protect DD. I hate feeling so helpless, especially considering the fact that I lived on my own before DH came along. 
  • Options
    I am the opposite of you ladies - I'm looking forward to tomorrow when my husband is going out of town for work so I can take over the whole bed and watch my shows on Netflix! I love having him around but every once and a while I need the house to myself. 
  • Options
    @michaela0704 @Heliumgirl717 We did have a burglary several years ago in a different home. That one was at 10am so no one was home but the violation is hard to shake. I just remind myself that I have two loving but protective pitties and if something was wrong, they'd know before I would. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kassyfry and @awillis13 count me on the stomach bug train.  The past 72 hours have been a blur.  Cleaning up toddler bodily fluids... DH bodily fluids... then having to clean up after my own vomit-o-rama.  Ah the joys of motherhood.  Puke and then bust out the bleach.  No one ever takes care of mom...  :(