Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched / TTA Check-in Week of 1/16

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: What hobby would you like to start or get back into in the near future?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Benched / TTA Check-in Week of 1/16

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? benched

What brings you here? MC 1/8

How long do you think you'll be here? No idea... waiting on AF. I know to expect a rocky chart, but between OPKs and HPT that will be positive for a while and these spikes and drops combined with my normally long cycles, I guess anything goes. FF counts MC as CD1, but I started bleeding 4 days before that. Going today for HCG #2. It was 361 a week ago and all pregnancy symptoms are gone, so hopefully it will be close to 0. 

How have things been going? We have to TTA for another week due to potential infection and DH wants to wait for AF to make sure my lining is thick enough. If AF is light, we may wait another and that is killing me since DH is in a wedding in Mexico in April, so we are very short on time before having to TTA for Mexico. It's making me very anxious and angry to have that pressure and I feel guilty for feeling like I don't want him to go since he insisted we go to the Caribbean for our honeymoon and that already delayed us starting TTC. I'm turning 34 in March and that's supper stressful.

Any R/R/CS? 

I want to learn how to crochet so I can make a blanket for our future rainbow baby.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Graves Disease and a surgery with medication switch

How long do you think you'll be here? Originally the doctor said March, now my surgery has to be pushed back because my thyroid levels aren't well enough to clear me for surgery yet. Boo.

How have things been going? Things are fine, but my impatience is starting to get to me. I am trying to remember this is temporary and not to be so impatient. 

Any R/R/CS? No, not yet.

GTKY: What hobby would you like to start or get back into in the near future? I started knitting again, and I want to learn to crotchet. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? MC 12/25/16 at 9w2d

How long do you think you'll be here? Not sure.

How have things been going? Good days and bad days. My hcg is back down to 0 so I'm just waiting for AF. I'm sad that it's over, but happy that everything seems to be progressing as it should.

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: What hobby would you like to start or get back into in the near future? One of the girls on ttcal keeps talking about her container gardening and that sounds really neat. I've been searching through blogs about keeping a clean house/organizing and I really want to get into that. And I haven't crocheted since the loss (I was half way through a beanie for the baby) so I want to get back into that. I have a bunch of crochet projects pinned on my pinterest acct I want to try.
  • Options

@NYTino24 sorry to hear you are having such a stressful time due to the short amount of time you have before your DH travels to Mexico. I recently told my DH he couldn’t go down to the Bahamas for a work trip because it was too risky. 

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Major BOTB and I need an outlet. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Until mid-April, it depends on my cycle that month.

How have things been going? Things are going ok, just counting down the days until we can start.

Any R/R/CS? None at the moment.

GTKY: What hobby would you like to start or get back into in the near future? I started painting the trim in our house at the beginning of December and managed to complete one room. So now that Christmas is over, I think I’m going to make painting my hobby.

• Options
    @NYTino24 Hugs to you.  I am sorry you are having such a stressful wait (not that it would not have been stressful otherwise).

@sheknows6 our TTC date keeps getting pushed back too so I feel your stress there.

@pumpkin0913 I am so sorry for your loss.  FX AF comes soon.

@ChloandCoco I feel the same way.  Major BOTB and our TTC date keeps getting pushed so I keep getting more and more frustrated.

Pintrest and Youtube both have awesome resources for crocheting.  It is fun when you get into it.  I am currently working on bathmats for our newly remodeled bathroom.  :)

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Currently Finances.  I lost my job and we are trying to make sure we can financially survive on just his salary before we jump into it again.

How long do you think you'll be here? We agreed to rediscuss after my birthday (Feb 3).

How have things been going? Good days and bad days.  I am trying to be patient and know that it will happen when it is supposed to and when it will be best.  I am just not good at patient.

Any R/R/CS? Not at the moment

GTKY: What hobby would you like to start or get back into in the near future? I am a pretty crafty person so I am always looking for my next project.  I think I am going to try and build a bedframe and headboard next.  :#  We will see how well that goes.

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• Options
    @sglen3 I feel you on the not being patient part. My birthday isn't too far off of yours - it's March 5. Turning 34 is making me freak out!!! I want to learn to crochet to keep my hands busy when I'm eating lunch at work with coworkers and they don't even think about how what they are saying might be triggers. As for home, I should probably scrapbook since I haven't done it since before I met DH 4 1/2 years ago.

• Options
    @NYTino24  If you go to craft stores they may have little fliers in the yarn aisle (that are free to take), they will have knitting or crocheting patterns on them.  That may be a good place to start.  Once you get the first couple stitches its super easy to grow your skill and make all kinds of cute things.  Also you can do it in the car or like you said carry it around with you a little easier.  It definitely keeps your hands (and your mind depending on the stitch) busy.

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15

• Options
    @pumpkin0913I'm so sorry for your loss! Hopefully AF will return and you won't be here long.

@Sglen3, sorry to hear about your job loss. We've lived through that too! Hang in there!

Are you benched or TTA? 

TTA

What brings you here? 
    I am brushing up on how to chart my cycles. The ladies here know their stuff! Plus every time I turn around someone is assuming I'm pregnant. It's nice to have a place to vent.

I think we're going to start trying in June.

I'm good. 

Any R/R/CS? 
    *Possible TW* Not long ago I mentioned to coworkers how hungry I was that day. One asked if I was pregnant. I said no. One said that being really hungry was a symptom of early pregnancy for her. I said I had no symptoms with my first. They asked if I was having symptoms now. I said no, which then made them assume I must be pregnant. After a few rounds of everything meaning I was pregnant, I finally told them I was on my period. Good grief! If I say no, I mean "I would know if I was pregnant so leave me alone!" 

I don't know. I wish I was crafty but my projects make the Pinterest fail category.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @pumpkin0913 hope your AF comes soon! And I read those posts about the container gardening too; it sounds neat!

@JNCPro3130 that's so annoying that your coworkers assume that being hungry means you're pregnant. I don't know that I'd be as nice and tolerant of it as you are.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched for now

What brings you here? 
    Mc 1/9

Hopefully not too long..waiting on AF and then DH to be ready to ttc again. 

It gets a little easier each day, but it still hurts. Not to mention new things keep going wrong. My hgc is back to 0 though, so I'm grateful that my body is going back to normal.

Any R/R/CS? 
    I've been having a rough time.. because of the MC of course, but then my dog, Waffles, dug under the fence, got hit by a car and passed away the day before yesterday. This morning I woke up to find out that a dear friend of mine passed away last night. So looks like I'll be traveling to his memorial service this weekend. Oh, and today is my birthday. I keep forgetting though because of everything else on my mind. Trying to stay positive though..things can only come up from here I hope.

I usually garden each spring..I need to get started on that soon. And I'd like to start sewing regularly again. I busted out my machine and have been doing a little bit to take my mind off things. 

October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    @flowerintherain
    Happy birthday! It has to be a better year ahead. I am sorry to being seeing you move from Aug17 to TTCAL with me, but super excited for us to be TTC again soon. I am hoping for some better days ahead for you.

• Options
    @flowerintherain, happy birthday! I'm so sorry about all that's going on with you! It sounds like 2017 hasn't been the best so far. Big hugs and hoping it ends with a rainbow baby!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @flowerintherain. Happy Birthday!  I am so sorry about all the losses you're going though right now.  I guess it's true what they say, there is a season... ❤  I believe in time the pain right youre feeling right now will give way to so many beautiful things in store. Hang in there ((hugs))
  • Options
    sheknows6sheknows6 member
    edited January 2017
    @flowerintherain  my heart goes out to you, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of this all at one time. Losing people you love is never easy and neither is losing a furry friend. So many hugs <3

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @flowerintherain so sorry you are here and for the losses you are experiencing. I hope your time with us is short. 

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15

• Options
    @flowerintherain I'm so sorry for your losses and everything you are going through right now. I hope you are able to join a different group quickly.