TTC after 35

TWW: Jan 9 - 15

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Jan 9 - 15

• Warning DD mentioned...
    I'm 13 DPO, CD 26. Feeling a bit crampy, boobs sore and a bit of spotting after BD yesterday - prep for DH SA Wednesday morning. AF expected by Saturday latest as I'm typically 27-31 days. At this point any other outcome (other than AF) I would consider a miracle. DD turned 3 today which I'm having a rough time with, I think because of that fear that due to my age I missed my window for a sibling for her. It was mentally easier for me to think "well I just did this two years ago" rather than now, realizing nearly 4 years have passed. But, I'm really looking forward to next steps with RE after SA results, which will include progesterone test for me and start Femara for IUI. Has anyone else had experience taking this? Side effects? Thanks.
  • @Momifbysea  I understand your fear with the sibling situation.  I had that for a little bit when we were TTC before the CP.  I know you're a little older than me but I still believe there is a chance for you.  For me it was the fear of having like a 8-9 year age gap between 2 kids when there would have only been a 6.5 year age gap if the CP hadn't have happened. In the end though it doesn't matter the age gap.  DD loves babies and that will never go away - she will be so excited whenever it does happen.  Wishing you luck with this cycle :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for your positive words @vlagrl29! It means a lot to have that good energy, for all of us!
  • I've been kinda in a dark place the last couple weeks and this is the first day I finally feel like my old self again @Momifbysea - I believe we can all have babies.  No matter when and how it happens a baby is a true blessing.
  • @vlagrl29 I'm sorry you've been down but completely understand the let down and disappointment. However, I'm with you on believing it will happen for you and am pulling for you! Let's keep up the positive energy!
  • @Momifbysea - horray for the SA lol.  So he decided to do it at home?  DH did it in the office.
  • Yes I think "the room" gave him the creeps lol!
  • Just checking in due to starting to go crazy again. 16DPO here but let's remember I've had 16-17 days the past few cycles. Not liking two-week plus wait each time! I told DH last night, wouldn't it be awesome if there were some kind of scanning diagnostic you could swipe over yourself post-BD, like immediately, legs still elevated lol, and either high-five your partner knowing it worked, or know it was a fail and plan to meet up a few hours later. He looked at me like I had lost it but hey it's my biologically-inaccurate TTC fantasy to avoid this NEVER ENDING TWW!!!
  • TWW are a bitch lol - I always know when my period was coming - bloat and sore bbs.  With my CP last cycle though my bbs were WAY more sore and much earlier too
  • DeeVeeZee DeeVeeZee member
    edited January 2017
    Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month!

*hello* Newbie here. . But have just done my intro.  

4DPO.. doing everything we can officially.   Joined FF.. joined this thread :-) ... charting CM... Started charting BBT from today  (bit late I know ), OPK...BD for correct days. ..PNV...

Tender breasts right after O (still), back ache  (gone ), fatigue  (just about always ), moody  (maybe I'm just a moody person ) did HPT 3 times already. . Just in case in some alternative universe December was actually THE month.  Promised myself to wait till TWW over before doing another HPT. 

Been researching like crazy and learning a lot about how the cycle actually works *blush* ... luckily DH very patient with me and even pays attention when I tell him the facinating story of that which is my CF. 

FX for all  xxxx 

Me 38  3 DH 31

Married 2012

BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• AF started today, 17DPO, so I guess I can now call day 17 my normal wait. RE on 26th. We got results of SA today and he's recommending we move to IUI now.
  • Today is 11DPO for me. Started spotting 9DPO and also got a BFN.  Still no AF.  I had two days of temp drop on 9 and 10 DPO, today it went up again.  No clue what is going on.  

Timing was pretty good I thought.  We did preseed, OPK and temping. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Momifbysea I took both Femara and Clomid for IVF and IUI. On Femara I had no side effects. Good luck with the IUI, did the doc give you ballpark probabilities? It sucks that they are so low. 
  • @Momifbysea good luck with IUI - I'm sure it feels good to at least have  a plan now.
  • @Momifbysea so sorry about the BFN :( boooooo! But yay for IUI and meds! Also yay for the RE, hopefully they will find something easy to fix! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DeeVeeZee DeeVeeZee member
    edited January 2017
    AF started today, 17DPO, so I guess I can now call day 17 my normal wait. RE on 26th. We got results of SA today and he's recommending we move to IUI now.
    FX for IUI xxxx sorry about AF

Me 38  3 DH 31

Married 2012

BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @SP128 no AF is good news! !! Let's hope she stays away! ! Holding FX for BFP soon! !! 

Me 38  3 DH 31

Married 2012

BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Momifbysea  BFN stink!!  GL with the SA and IUI
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Thanks everyone for the support as always! @PoeMasque, yes, the RE did find something to fix, not sure how easy. So my numbers are all good with exception of unknown progesterone...but SA showed a bit lower than ideal range on motility and morphology. Hence him recommending IUI next. @bestofjoy RE said about 17% with IUI but not sure if he was referring to one cycle or after the max of six. I will be writing out a long list of questions for our appointment on the 26th. Also, glad to hear the Femara gave you no side effects!
  • @SP128 FX for you! Keep us posted!
  • @Momifbysea  Thanks.  Still no AF.  BFN on 9DPO and felt really sad after : (   Maybe test when AF doesn't show up.  FF thinks it'll come on Tuesday.  

Hoping for an easy fix for you!!  Think positive : )
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP