August 2017 Moms

Why my SO is an A-hole 12/31

You would swear mine was the one pregnant with the mood swings he's been having lately. Makes me want to punch him in the face...

What about you ladies?

Re: Why my SO is an A-hole 12/31

• Same with the mood swings.
    He was feeling sick yesterday, so all plans we had were cancelled. But yet, when I'm actually sick or even just dealing with morning sickness, I get "you can handle it, you'll be fine." Passing out from the nausea in the middle of the grocery store because he wouldn't leave so I could get something to eat is not "fine." Twat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I ask him to rub my back while I'm throwing up, he says "I can't be around anyone who's crying". Well ya f*n dick I'm crying because I'm not having fun and I don't want to feel like this anymore, and rubbing my back helps just a bit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know exactly what you guys are saying. I was having back cramps and SO says "What, your too early to have back pain, right?". Ummm ewww lol he almost got kicked down the steps. He keeps thinking just cause im not 8 months pregnant, i should be running laps or something. After multiple mc, and my nervousness im a mess, he better start reading some books hahaha
  • My husband was surprised that he was expected to be a the hospital during labor and stated how inconvenient it would be to be called away during his shift. Then wanted to to check when he should take his 2 week paternity leave. Yes, because this early I will know exactly when I'll have my baby. There's nothing unpredictable about pregnancy and childbirth at all. He felt the wrath of my side-eye for that one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • caitlyn5454caitlyn5454 member
    edited January 2017
    @SpotConlon SO did that for our first with his exams for school. I shit you not, he actually said the words "if I'm in an exam when you go into labour, I can't leave until I'm done writing." I had my OB tell him off for that one.  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can much better get on board with this thread than the amazing H thread. FFS
  • My DH is not an a-hole, really. I just don't think he really "gets" how I feel. I try not to be a complainer, but he seems quite unsympathetic if I mention how tired I am or how nauseous I feel.  But, from past experience, I know he just doesn't comment on anything he can't change. Nothing he can say will fix how I feel, so he just says, "mm hmm" and goes back to whatever he was doing.
    Like, I'll start eating when I feel sick (as we're supposed to do, right?) and he was like, "Why are you eating if you're nauseous?" He literally doesn't believe that the nausea is worse on an empty stomach. Read a book! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @caitlyn5454 this is not the same situation, but H was in grad school when DD2 was born.  He had an exam the day the doctor wanted to do my RCS.  The doctor ended up doing the c section 2 days later, and he had class that night too.  I was so mad that his professor made him make up the class he missed because his daughter was born.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I literally google things he should keep in mind and annoyingly text it to him throughout the day
  • My DH hasn't done anything yet but I can remember with our second he didn't believe my water was leaking because I was early and that just couldn't be possible. Lol. I said look and squatted just a bit and it burst all over the bathroom floor. He asked and I shit you not "can I finish my beer?" I knew they wouldn't do anything to stop me at 36 weeks so I said sure as I waited for contractions to start we folded laundry and I got in the shower to rinse off. But he definitely got a death glare for that. 
  • @bvoisey not going to lie, I laughed at your story. My DH would do the same thing probably.
    Every time ask him to do something, can I finish my beer/game/etc first so I'm sure as I get to the point of not being able to do some things he'll have a rude awakening lol. I can't be too mad though because he does do whatever I asked him to as soon as he is done. I just be careful not asking him do anything time sensitive yet. 
  • @SpotConlon that cracks me up that he thinks it'll be inconvenient to get pulled away from his shift. Because birthing a child is totally an easy and convenient process lol..just make sure to keep the baby in till he's off work.

October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker