Pregnant after IF

New Year's Resolutions!

I'm always interested in people's resolutions. Anybody have some good ones for 2017? Or maybe you are the type of person who chooses a word as a year-long mantra? Or are you anti-resolution? 

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
DX PCOS + mild male factor
TTC since Dec. 2015
Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
Beta confirmed 8/22
EDD 5/1/17

Re: New Year's Resolutions!

• I'm generally anti-resolution, but this year I really want to work on my relationship with my MIL

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't usually make many goals for the new year. This year I want to continue to lead a healthy life balance while starting to work again. I miss working so much, but I guess that may change when this little man arrives. Other than that, not much, put my phone down more is probably something I should strive for as well. It's way better than 10 months ago when I had a client phone and personal phone, but still needs work. 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • I like the 'leave the electronics out of the bedroom'
    I should buy a clock (so I know I should heat a bottle or try to get Pia back to sleep) and leave the mobile phone out of the room. (so I actually use the few hours to sleep instead of surfing)

My resolution is to enjoy life more. I'm one lucky person that has 1 year maternity leave from Norway before I have to find a job here in the Netherlands. Instead of the worry about what happens in September I should enjoy the time I have to be a mummy.
    Life in the 'now' and not in the tomorrows.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @clt2pwm11 I also want to use the library more but I'm a librarian in a small city and I'm waiting till my pregnancy is public before I borrow baby books!
    My goal is to stay healthy and active, as much as is possible, and to read more (at least for the first half of the year). For the second half of the year my goal is to sleep as much as possible and keep a tiny human alive! 
  • Happy New Year's all! I  like limiting the electronics...DH and I are both guilty of too much phone time. My resolution is to really focus on DH the next 3 months and take every chance we can to enjoy our relationship before our sweet girl arrives and becomes center of attention for a while 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Happy New Year everyone! 2017 is turning out to be the best year ever since we are expecting our little one!

My resolutions for this year are:

Continue on my journey of becoming more healthy! My husband agree  to start working out with me so that will be nice!

Focus on my relationship with my husband more, spend less time on the phone/watching tv and create more memories together! 

Get things in our house in order. We have a few home remodeling projects coming up that I will be helping him with. But in general organize and declutter! 

• my resolution is organization and cutting back on spending.  Our second bedroom is the largest next to the master and I currently use it as my dressing room.  It will become the nursery, therefore I will have to move my dressing room to one of the other two smaller bedrooms, so organization will be key!  I'm a makeup fanatic, so I don't want to get rid of anything; which brings me to my second resolution - cutting back on spending.  I really mean stop spending on me - makeup, shoes, clothes, purses.  Wish me luck! LoL
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @nellin yes, checking out pregnancy books might raise suspicion haha! We recently moved to a new town, and the library it's fantastic! They are forever getting new titles. I went so far as to go through my goodreads and make a sub-board called "Library has it." so much of what I want is already there!

@DDRGirlie Organization is always a lofty aspiration for me! I don't even own a ton of clothing, but our storage space is so limited. When I started to show, I needed a place top put all my maternity clothing. I ended up taking a bunch of stuff out of the closet and storing it in a plastic tub in the basement just so I'd have space to hang the maternity clothing. I hope you will be successful in your efforts! Gotta put the baby somewhere, right?!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • To be more patient - I know this will be important once baby arrives, but especially with my husband lol. My patience really wears thin sometimes with him. Also, to keep the house cleaner/more organized.