TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Weekly Check-In 12/26/16

amberrukaamberruka member
edited December 2016 in TTC After a Loss
1. introduce yourself (if you're new)

2. Status?

3. R/R?

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.)

**let me know if I missed anything ladies**  :):):)
Me: 39 DH: 39
CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease

Re: TTCAL Weekly Check-In 12/26/16

• Options
    1. Heeeeyyyyy out there and welcome! Quick into, 5th cycle after 7 month bench to regulate thyroid after MC. 

2. CD32, waiting for AF. 

3. I hate to dump but mostly little rants. I knew Christmas would be quiet/bittersweet since I got KU from having sex on Christmas day last year, BFN 12/23 and 12/24, and lost both my cycle buddies to BFP's in the 2 days before the holiday (whom which I am ecstatic for, by the way). And yesterday my 35/6? year old cousin posts on FB her 2nd pregnancy is due....8/5. So, about 4-5 weeks? I'm happy for her, but it was all I could do not to message or call to say, "are you crazy? Do you know how precarious your situation is right now?" Okay, I'm done dumping now. 

4. We're not really gift people, but DH surprised me with a bluetooth speaker, 'cause I listen to big band on my phone while I prep food on Mondays and he wanted me to have good sound  :)
  • Options

2. Status?  CD 11 WTO   

3. R/R? Wonderful holiday with my family.  We are now driving back home to OH. Hate the drive back but will be glad to get home. 

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.). Nothing really surprising. A funny though my sister was talking about her father in law and said something about him having a long one and we all went to the gutter and said how do you know and all laughed. Of course she was referring to some object he had but it was funny and became the joke of the night 

@amberruka  sorry you had difficult time.  I would have a hard time in that situation too.  I'm dreading the EDD coming up early march.   Nice gift from husband though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    edited December 2016
    2. Status CD5 WTO

3.  R/R.  Have been emotional off/on.  We were planning on announcing to family on Christmas day.  
    Rave:  This is my first Christmas with my in laws since we have been married.  They have made me feel so welcome!!

4. GTKY:  My FIL made me a really nice carrier to go with a new lasagna pan.  I didn't know it was homemade until my DH told me.  My BIL bought me an Instant Pot.  He was hurting for ideas and I just saw someone post on here about there's.  

DH surprised me with tickets to see a medium last Thursday : )

@amberruka  I hear you on losing cycle buddies.  So frickin happy for those ladies.  I lost my cycle buddy too and I think 3 of the ladies from my last  BM group got BFPs too.  

edit - forgot to add DH's gift
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited December 2016
    @amberruka I'm sorry for the triggers. Definitely not fun. If it makes you think your cousin is less crazy, she's actually more like 8 weeks pregnant and probably just had her first appointment/ultrasound. I was 7 weeks when I miscarried a year ago today, and I was due 8/13. Either way, I think announcing on FB is crazy this early, but at least your cousin didn't announce right after the pee stick dried. Hugs though. It still sucks.

@Mack924 and @SP128 Sounds like you both had nice Christmases!

AFM:

2. CD17, WTO. OPK finally getting darker today, so O should be tomorrow or Wednesday.

3. Rants: Temping has been challenging this FW (why is it always during FW?). We can't seem to get a stable temperature in the house we're staying in. Last night it was super warm again. Also, the room I'm in is small, and the nightstand/desk is 3 feet away from the bed, so I have to get out of bed to get my thermometer. I hurt my back yesterday, so getting in and out of bed is difficult. I've also been sleeping in, so my temp times are all over the place. Long story short, I ended up temping an hour late this morning while standing up (to avoid getting in and out of bed repeatedly) in a very warm room after a bad night's sleep and got a super high temp. FF will want to give me CH for yesterday with two more high temps. I may have to discard this temp. Argh. I started temping again this cycle to avoid uncertainty with CM and OPKs, and now I think I'll be relying most on CM and OPKs again this cycle. Argh.

Rave(?): Today is my loss anniversary, and I'm surprisingly feeling okay. It's just kind of surreal to me. I guess this is acceptance? For today, at least, I'll take it. I'm trying not to dwell too much on it in case I get down later.

4. Not really. We had a quiet Christmas with H's brother and SIL, so it was nice, but nothing surprising.
  • Options
    Hugs ladies.

1. Still feel newish here: this is my first full cycle after loss #2. 

2. WTO , cd 11

3. Rants/Raves: ttc after miscarriages is not fun. As all of you already know. Ugh. I've had some good days and bad days lately and it's just so emotionally draining. 

4. No real surprises at Christmas...just that I felt more sad than I was expecting. 

Sorry, kind of a downer right now! 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    @Uhlease13 don't apologize. Like you said, there are good days and bad days. We all have them. @RiverSong15, I'm sorry about your anniversary. 
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 hugs to you.  Glad you are doing ok today.  

@Uhlease13. No need to apologize like @amberruka said we all have them.  Hoping today gets better for you 
  • Options
    @Uhlease13 Hugs. We all definitely have sad days. And the first cycle TTCAL is really rough. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie.  I have tomorrow off then back to work ugh. Glad puppy was a hit and dinner turned out well. 
  • Options
    2. Status?  WTO, CD 13

3. R/R?  Christmas was very nice; I love giving gifts that people enjoy and we were on point for a few people this year. 

I had had a hard time during Christmas Eve mass. The quiet time really got to me-started thinking of what I should have and how the last year has been. I talked to H about it on Christmas and he made me feel better. One of our friends is expecting and is due next month. They refused to tell anyone the sex of the baby despite knowing and then decided to reveal at 38 weeks. I'm bitter anyway with them for a million other reasons but this rubbed me the wrong way; it was a complete attention-seeking move and it put me in a bad mood for awhile. Holidays are just difficult. But rave: no work still til Thursday! 

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.)  Hmmm, I can't think of anything. Happily, MIL really liked her gift this year.  She usually flips out that anyone bought her something ("save your money, pay your own bills") so that was a nice change! 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @amberruka  Love my Bluetooth speaker - what a nice gift! These holiday pregnancy announcements are hard enough, and I agree that  that was an early announcement for your cousin. 

@Mack2342  Love those funny moments with family! 

@RiverSong15 Sorry for the temping confusion. Hopefully your CM and CP will make O clear. Sorry for the loss anniversary but I'm glad it didn't hit too hard. Hope that continues for you, too.

@Uhlease13   Sorry the holidays were sad for you. No apologies necessary for having bad days; we all have them. 

@SP128 I got an instant pot too! Actually, I got two, haha. 

@justsuzie  Glad your puppy did well! I'm sure your vegan cookies were delicious! :smile:

• Options
    1. 3 weeks post D&C at what should have been 10 weeks 

2. Status? NTNP, temps and OPK would indicate I'm 4 dpo, but I've been spotting for 3 days, so I really have no clue what my body is doing. 

3. R/R? A good friend of mine told me last night that his wife is expecting and is due on what should have been my due date. Even knowing that we've lost ours, he admits to not being excited about it. Ugh, makes me sick to think how badly we wanted our July 1st baby. 

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.)
    Two of DH's cousins (my favorites, lol) stopped by to surprise us on Christmas Day. They hadn't seen my FIL, their uncle, in a long while because he's in hospice care and they love a few hours away. So it was a really sweet visit for everyone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @laeberge3 My parents also tell me and my DH not to waste our money.  I started telling them I buy their gifts with credit card points...little white lie but they seem to enjoy their gifts more when I convince them they were "free".
  • Options
    1. introduce yourself (if you're new) not new but i haven't been around here much. I was taking a break while we were sorting out all the RE stuff. quick recap- ectopic in february, ttc ever since. met with an RE last month and was diagnosed pcos. 

2. Status? 1 or 2 dpo. I had my first IUI on christmas eve.

3. R/R? my rave is that christmas eve has always been my favorite day of the year since I was a little girl. I'm hoping that my IUI falling on christmas ever gives me some good juju or something. I need all the help I can get. 

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.) no surprises, just a lot of running around between families. all in all, i had a great holiday. and hopefully made a baby :)
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    edited December 2016
    1. Still new(ish) - quick summary. 2 MCs back to back in 6 months - never had a successful pregnancy. Diagnosis PCOS.

2. Status? CD 7 

3. R/R?  Went in for the ultrasounds with my RE last Friday - good news is that is looks like I have a normal uterus and left ovary. The right ovary, however, currently has 4 cysts, one measuring a whopping 55mm :(  My RE gave me the green light to try again this cycle and said he isn't "scared" for me to get KU'd again, but wants to monitor me very closely. If I don't get PG, he wants to follow the cysts during my next AF. Also ordered more blood tests and a genetic screen. So eager for those tests. All the fingers and toes crossed currently.

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.)  I got ALL of the skin care products I have been dreaming of! I was shocked. I thought maybe one or two from DH, but both families got me everything. I was floored!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    Belated Merry Christmas everyone!! I thought of you all on Christmas and hoped you were all having a good holiday.

1.)MMC in February and another in August.

2.) CD 14

3.) I had an unusually long cycle last month so Im not exactly sure when Im Oing. Im thinking maybe this weekend? This is my first cycle temping ( really great to start when you are sleeping with a 9 week old puppy - ha). I have forgotten a couple of days and I am just starting to get the hang of it so Im not sure how much I can trust it. But I am going to continue doing that, using my wondfos every day and checking for CM. Im trying to be all zenlike about tracking O and not beat myself up over it.

4.) Christmas was actually better than I expected this year - I enjoyed all the family gatherings and really just enjoyed spending time with people. The puppy was brought so much joy ( and busyness) into our lives. So even though we didn't have a baby's first christmas this year having a puppy first christmas was a great distraction. Even my parents have really gotten into it and they are not dog people AT ALL. Bringing the puppy home, christmas with the puppy and all of her little milestones have made us so happy that it I can't even imagine what  a baby will be like and it gets me excited for that.

@amberruka - I hate people who announce early. It seems so unfair that they are not concerned about anything happening and that more than likely nothing will happen to them. Your speaker sounds awesome - what a thoughtful gift!

@SP128 - Im sorry about the emotional xmas - I had flashes of what christmas could have been like this year and it is rough. Your presents sound great - you will have to share some of your instant pot creations on here!

@riversong15 - Im sorry for the anniversary - there are so many unpleasant anniversaries during this process that just kind of remind you of what could have been or bring back unpleasant memories. Either way its hard. Sending you hugs!

@uhlease13 - Im sorry but no need to apologize we have all been there.

@justsuzie - OMG no AF yet!? Holy crap - hopefully it will come soon. Glad your puppy did well with the kids. Im looking forward to when our puppy ( who is only 9 weeks old now) is a little older so we can bring her around kids. She is still biting right now so I would just be nervous about her around LOs.

@laeberge3 - Im sorry for difficulty during christmas eve mass. I hate it when people who are pg or have new babies do things just for more attention. Its like what more do you want?

@GG260 - Im sorry about the cysts but at least it doesn't prevent you from ttc. What skin care products?? Im always looking for recommendations :)
  • Options
    @amberruka  Sorry for having to deal with the early pregnancy announcement.  Everything about TTCAL stinks over all.  Ignorance is bliss for those who don't know how precarious things are in early pregnancy.  

@laeberge3  Ugh really?  I really have no tolerance for AWs. 

@justsuzie I'm tapping my fingers impatiently with you girl!  How's Christmas vacation been?  At least we don't have work this week : )

@GG260  Oooohhh skin care products.  I love them, get suckered into buying them with good intentions and use them once/twice.  That's my confession.  

@RiverSong15  just ** hugs **  Few more days of December.  

@Uhlease13  Bad days happen.  No need to apologize.  We all have them.  

***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Options
    @justsuzie Ugh! Hurry up AF! Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer! And yay for puppies sleeping in.

@laeberge3 Sorry for all the triggers over Christmas and for AWs on Facebook. Not cool. 

@babypi Hopefully your body gets its act together soon. Sorry for the confusing spotting.

@brooklyngirl18 Welcome back from your TB break. I was wondering how things were going for you. FX that you get a wonderful Christmas gift 9 months late!

@GG620 I hope your cyst resolves soon and that you get good results from your blood tests.

@TScalei I'm glad you had a good first Christmas with your pup. Sorry for the triggers/sadness, but hopefully cuddling your wriggly ball of fur helped :) GL with temping, too. The first cycle was the hardest for me to remember, but after that, I found I got into a rhythm. My issue this cycle has been temping and then forgetting to take my thyroid meds. Apparently my brain can only handle one task when I am half-awake.
  • Options
    1. introduce yourself (if you're new)
    Hi I'm Mimi. I'm back here again. Sucks to be back but happy to be back with the support if you lovely ladies. I had a miscarriage on August that was either ectopic or MC at 8 weeks
    *******TW?*******
    and I just found out today I had MMC 12 weeks but baby stopped growing at 9 weeks.

****end TW***

2. Status?
    Benched and waiting for AF

3. R/R?
    I'm so done with 2016. I hope 2017 isn't as ridiculous. I'm just going to pretend this while year hasn't happen and move forward!

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird in@amberruka
    Did nothing for Christmas. 

@amberruka sorry this time of year is ducky sometimes :(
    @Mack2342 in love road trips. That sounds like a nice Christmas except for the drive back haha ;)
    @SP128 that homemade pan carrier sounds amazing! I ♡ homemade anything.
    @RiverSong15 sorry about your loss anniversary :( ****hugs***
    @Uhlease13 sorry the holidays was crappy for you too :(
    @justsuzie your not alone, I'm a goof baker as well but I'm sure your cookies came out way better than any of mine would have lol
    @laeberge3 oh yes my mom is like that too but she still expects something lol!
    @babypi sounds like a nice surprise visit for you on Christmas!
    @brooklyngirl18 FX for a XMAS-MADE baby :)
    @GG620 I'm a sicker for skin care products too!! That's awesome that the family got you everything!
    @TScalei that puppy 1st Christmas sounds so cute!
  • Options
    @MimoCa i am so so sorry for your loss <3 please take care of yourself. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Oh no @MimoCa I was really rooting for you to get your rainbow baby! I'm so sorry you find yourself back here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MimoCa. I'm so sorry to see you back here. Take care of yourself. I hope 2017 is kinder to you
  • Options
    @MimoCa I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Vent as much as you need here. Here's to a better 2017 for all you lovely ladies. 
  • Options
    @MimoCa I'm so sorry to hear this :( it's just not fair. Take care, hugs. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss @MimoCa. Big hugs. 2016 can indeed suck it. Vent as much as you want here.
  • Options
    @MimoCa  Phooey.  So sorry you find yourself back here.  I think you got your BFP when I just got to this board.  I believe I read that you are from the South Shore in MA.  I am too.  Take care of yourself.  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Options
    *lurking*

I'm so sorry for your loss @MimoCa . I was with you on the July bmb and just had my loss 3 days ago. Take care of yourself

Hugs to you
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies for all your support. I went to take a nap and I woke up to find out DH'S grandmother, who raised him, passed away. 

Here's to a better 2017 for all of us. *****hugs*****

@sp128  yes I'm in the South Shore area too!

@pumpkin0913 *****hugs**** to you too!
  • Options
    Im so sorry @mimoca - I was really rooting for you. Sucks to have anyone return here -but welcome back. Yes to a kinder 2017.
  • Options
  • Options
    @MimoCa was also in the july bmb with you. I am so, so sorry for your lose. Be kind to yourself and if you need anything, we are all here *hugs*

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @gg620 oh yes I remember! Sorry for you too. July had quite a few losses :(
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this @MimoCa. 2016 has just sucked. Be kind to yourself. 

• Options
    MimoCa said:
    @gg620 oh yes I remember! Sorry for you too. July had quite a few losses :(

***stuck in the box***

I feel the same way. I wasn't active on my last bmb, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it seems like there have been a lot of losses on this one. So sad.
  • Options
    I was also on the July board and it's sad to see so many losses. I hope we all get our rainbows soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Only 2.5 days left this year....but who is counting!! lol
  • Options
    @TScalei certainly not me........2 days12 hours, 19 minutes 40 seconds lol
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited December 2016

This pretty much sums up my feelings about this year....