1st Trimester

Slow HB at Ultrasound

Hi everyone,

So I had a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks (7 weeks since my last period but ultrasound dated me 6 weeks and 2 days). Anyways, at my follow up doctors appt, the doc said baby's HB was between 70 and 100 and they usually like to see it over 120. Anyone had this happen and had a thriving baby in the end? I have a follow up ultrasound next week. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst as I heard slow HB means there's a 60% chance it'll end in a miscarriage.

Trying to staying hopeful... :-(

Re: Slow HB at Ultrasound

• Praying for you and your baby. 
  • Thank you! Hoping for a Christmas miracle <3

• Loading the player...
  • That's not necessarily slow for only being 6 weeks.  The heart only starts beating during the 5th week, and it takes some time to really increase.  Average heart rate between 6 and 7 weeks, per Dr. Google, is 90-110.  I don't think you're all that far out of range.  The odds of miscarrying actually reduce once you can see a heartbeat as well.  I would try not to worry about it until your next appointment.  This is why many doctors don't have people come in until 8 weeks...that way even if you're measurably off from LMP dating, you're generally still around 7 weeks (unless you ovulate very late).
  • Hi ladies,

so unfortunately things have not ended well. I had my follow up u/s today and the baby had stopped growing around the 6-8 week mark. I am absolutely heart broken
  • So sorry for your loss
  • I'm so sorry. 
  • Hi! This is my second pregnancy! The first one ended in a missed miscarriage, by 8 weeks the Dr saw no hb. I had a d&c November 17th 2016 and the Dr told me to give it 2 weeks for my body to heal and that after that I could start trying again whenever I wanted. I never had AF between the d&c and now. I go back next week for a follow up but the hb was 107 my Dr did not want to ensure a positive outcome BC she claimed the hb was so low but with the heart just beginning to beat at 5 weeks I am looking forward with nothing but positive thoughts!!! This picture is from yesterday 5 weeks 6 days. Good luck ladies!! There is HOPE