Multiples

Possible MoMo twins and TW

I don't really know where to post this and already had one post deleted on another board so forgive me if this isn't the right place for it.

I am 7 weeks pregnant and had an u/s on Friday showing twins measuring 6 weeks and 5 weeks. The found a heartbeat in the bigger twin but not the smaller one. The doctor also said they were MoMo twins and expected that next week at a follow-up exam that we would see no heartbeats.

I'm grasping at straws here. If I focus on the MoMo diagnosis, it seems like these are misdiagnosed a lot early on bc the membrane isn't visible. So that part gives me some optimism. 

If i focus on the size of the babies I feel totally hopeless - how can one measuring 2 weeks behind possibly have a good outcome? The doctor did not indicate it was possible for the bigger baby to survive on its own. But if they were MoMo I know that is extremely unlikely so maybe that's why.

I know I just have to sit and wait another excruciating 5 days for my next scan but I would appreciate any stories about anyone who has gone through this, with either positive or negative outcomes.
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possible MoMo twins and TW

• My twins were di-di so I don't have any experience with this. I just wanted to say i'm sorry your having to go through this. I know with di twins it is not uncommon to have one measuring behind and since your still so early on. Fx baby B catches up and GL
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 Thanks for the response and words of optimism. I have about 3 days till my next u/s so just trying to pass the time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The wait is killer, I hope your able to find something to distract you. FX for good news at the end of the week
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• any updates?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012