Baby Names
Options

Trouble with boy name!

We are expecting our baby boy in about 13 weeks and we are having a very tough time finding a boy name we like. I would really like to use my husband's name, Anderson, as the first name and then have the baby go by his middle name. If we don't go this route then the baby will just go by his first name with the middle name of Reed. Our last name is 1 syllable, 6 letters, and starts with a B. 
Names I like (husband doesn't hate but isn't sold on):
Ledger
Emmett
Graham
Gray
My husband doesn't really make suggestions on his own much, he rather I give him options and then he gives feed back. He did suggest two names though Cody and Jackson but they're a little too common for me.
Does anyone have suggestions? I feel like I've looked through hundreds of names!

Re: Trouble with boy name!

• Options
    Do you not like Anderson Reed (I would probably spell it Reid unless it is your maiden name or something like that spelled the other way)? I think that sounds good. 

Of your choices, I like Anderson Graham, Graham Reed, and Emmett Reed.
  • Options
    Anderson Reed is actually my husband's name! haha I love his name but I'm not a fan of naming the baby the exact same name, making him a "jr".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Anderson. If you choose to go the other route I like Graham and Emmett. But I think Emmett sounds better with Reed. Suggesting also:

Phillip Reed
    Cameron Reed
    Owen Reed
    Caleb Reed
    Harrison Reed
    Gavin Reed
    Bennett Reed

• Options
    Cody is less common than Graham and Reid. Gray and Emmett are trendy and Jackson is very popular. I would think you may get a little more say because he's getting the first and last name to honor his side, but good luck finding something you can both be happy with. 

• Options
    I would agree Cody probably isn't used as much now. When I was growing up I always had quite a few Codys in school each year so I think it's stuck in my mind to be on the same level as Dylan, Mathew, or Sarah. But thank you for all of y'alls suggestions so far, I'll have to share them with my husband when he gets home. 
  • Options
    If your child will never go by Anderson, I wouldn't use it as his first name. How about Reid Anderson?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree to put Anderson as the middle name if you are already planning on him not going by it.  Or if it is his first name maybe he can go by Andy. 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of giving someone a first name that they won't go by.  I know a lot of people do it but it's never made any sense to me.

Reid Anderson would be my first choice, followed by Emmett Reid.
  • Options
    The whole going by the middle name thing doesn't bother me because I've gone by my middle name since birth, so has my brother and dad. Also, after hearing Anderson as my husband's first name for so long It sounds weird to me as anything else. I'm not completely against it as a middle name if it works better with the name we choose but it doesn't bother me as the first name either. My husband has said no now to both Ledger and Emmett, so if anyone has any new name suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thank you to everyone who has replied so far!
  • Options
    Cameron Reed
    Malcolm Reed
    Franklin Reed
    Beauregard Reed (Beau)
    Laurence Reed
    Ambrose Reed
    Bartholomew Reed
    Clarence Reed (Clancy)
    Sebastian Reed
    Francis Reed
    Augustine Reed
    Gregory Reed

What's your maiden name? Would it work in the FN spot? 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Names on our boy list right now are:

Jack
    Anthony
    Lincoln
    Forrest
    Miles
    Aidan