Trouble TTC
Options

Throatpunch.... Monday?

I couldn't wait for Tuesday, or Thursday (for the "throatpunch"). Maybe because it's Monday?

This weekend, we did some basic math and realized that (given DH's counts & some other assumptions), we've had about 2.16 billion sperm try & fail since starting TTC. That's a conservative estimate - I'm only counting the BD 4 days preceding ovulation, and maybe 1 day after my LH spike, and assuming that 1/2 of the guys didn't make it.

2.16 billion! I really would love to have a dollar for every lost one.

Part of me thinks, when we have a successful fertilization, we'll actually be able to say: "You're one in a billion! One in 3 billion!"

But one-in-a-million seems rare enough, you know? What a throatpunch!

Re: Throatpunch.... Monday?

• Options
    A radio show I listen to in the morning has been an excellent escape for me while dealing with TTC and the miscarriages except for today when one of the hosts announced they were pregnant.  I work from home so this show has been great noise to keep my mind occupied but now I feel like I don't want to listen.
    Throat punch to the situation in general.  Jerks.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    I definitely have a throatpunch Monday...  my supervisor at my job retired last week, and her projects got dumped in my lap, minus her title and her pay.  grrr

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, after we'd done this math, we saw a couple we know who just did their first IUI (they're a same-sex female couple). One of them said: "They injected 44 million sperm, can you believe it! 44 MILLION?!" And I was like: "well yes, yes I can. Many times that, even." :#

I thought about it again on my way to work this morning - double-checking my math, thinking about how much a billion is, really - trying to wrap my head around it. And then a guy I work with, a casual friend, came by my desk when he got in, just to tell me that his wife is pregnant. He's so excited, and I was thrilled for him, but COME ON. Aah! Grr is right!

Oh man, @GoldenKeys, I'd be choked! Especially if it's a retirement - not like there was no notice that this was coming, or that her work would need to be picked up. Duh.

Also, @Worldtravler0522 great. God. I hope the host doesn't talk about being pregnant. That news makes me like Terry Gross even more - no risk of her getting KUed and talking about it. (Until you mentioned, I hadn't even realized that was something about Terry Gross that I liked).

Lots of throatpunches!

• Options
    @GoldenKeys that is so frustrating!  I would want to flip my desk over haha.  

@funkykey I'm glad you mentioned NPR, maybe I will start listening to them in the morning if this girl talks nonstop about being pregnant.   

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    Too late to get in on this? Throatpunch Wednesday has the same non-ring to it, I guess? 

Beware possible TW
    Either way, to my accidentally pregnant coworker - please stop bragging about your fantastic accidental timing. I get that you will miss the last 3 months of the school year. Also, stop being greedy and asking for lots of snow days since you won't have to make them up. Argh. 
  • Options
    Never too late - I am irritated every day of the week, so I'll take it. ;);) 

What?! An accidental pregnancy? And bragging about it?! THROATPUNCH! THROATPUNCH! Good for you for not making snide comment.
  • Options
    Can I chime in super late?! A former coworker of mine was super irritated with our friend for posting tons of FB stuff about being pregnant ("can't stop hiccuping! Hehehe #babymakesthree"). This coworker had been trying for 7 months with no luck and I admitted to unfollowing our friend back when she announced her pregnancy on FB at four weeks cause I agreed her posts were annoying while dealing with IF. 

So this same coworker, who was so angry about all the pg FB posting ended up pregnant two weeks after our conversation (I swear I am a good luck charm for everyone else getting KU!) and is now doing the exact same thing! She even announced her pregnancy on FB at 6 weeks. I unfollowed her too. She then texted me to "check in", but really just wanted to tell me that she and baby had made it though appendicitis surgery just fine. We aren't close, my guess is she was on bedrest and bored so she texted me. Ugh. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh is right, I would be choked. I don't want any pity, you know? Like the: "I'm pregnant and so happy and I'm so sorry you're not." friends - the ones who are kind of Stepford. No thank you. I require all of my pregnant friends, before talking about their own happiness, to at least spend 5 minutes talking about how shitty it would feel to still be trying, and how unfair it is, and how they cannot wait for me to be a mother. Not pity, but actual humility and introspection.

Also, FB is the worst. The WORST. Stay away from all those narcissistic nutbars. Who posts that much about their bodily functions? Why is this socially acceptable? Are we the only sane ones left? Grr.
  • Options
    @funkykey You just reminded me of this funny post I saw on the web (don't remember where exactly).  It said something to the effect of "We used to write things in a diary and would get mad if someone read it.  Now we post on facebook and get mad if people don't read it".  I have a facebook account and I enjoy it overall, but I agree.....waaaaaay to much oversharing.  Who cares if 'Jane Doe just had a dope Coke Zero, best day ever'.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    OMG FB friends are the worst. I have moms in my feed that post every goddamn day. No one's life is that interesting! (Mine sure isn't) I also have several first time moms that are semi pro photographers that do. not. stop.

I have told a couple of friends about my TTC journey which I think has really given them perspective. They both were "one and done" conceivers. It's brought us closer IRL.
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements