Baby Names

Name for DD2 due in June

So these are still early days...I've only just started looking back through my baby name book...but I know that sometimes suggestions from this board are better than the book, so I wanted to pop in here as well.

DD1 is Julia.  We just love the name so much that it's difficult for us to come up with something that sounds as good.  Especially because we have a lot of criteria -

1. I'm iffy on a name ending in "ia" or "a" because I think most of them sound too matchy with Julia

2. I'd also iffy on using another J name...I also have a J name and if I use J for both daughters I feel like it becomes a "thing"

3. Our last name rhymes with Bell.  Which means anything ending in an "elle" sound is off limits.

4. Our last name starts with S - so anything ending in an S sound (like Rose) runs together and sounds off

5. I don't like last name first names, or unisex names, or male names on females

6. We haven't decided on a MN yet, so that's not causing any issues

7. off limit names due to family/friends are: Charlotte, Leigh, Camille, Kristin, Kimberly, Stephanie, Katelyn, Ashley, Jaclyn, Margaret, Laura, Jane, Abigail, Nancy, Corinne, Nicole

8. A few names we have discussed and like are: Natalie and Madeleine (but we don't love Maddie as a NN and there are a lot of Madison "Maddies" around here).  Names I like but haven't discussed with DH yet are Claire (again concerned about popularity here), Vivian/Vivienne, Hannah.

Hit me with your best shot. ;-)

Re: Name for DD2 due in June

• What about Clara? I know you mentioned avoiding names that end in "a", but I don't think that having names ending in "a" automatically make them matchy. Clara goes nicely with Julia.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love Vivienne and I think it goes great with Juila. Suggesting also:

Adelaide
    Evangeline
    Cosette
    Bridget
    Caroline
    Bernadette
    Chloe
    Elaine
    Annette
    Diane
    Violet
    Irene
    Dorothy
    Phoebe
    Cassidy
    Scarlett
    Eleanor
    Evelyn
    Lucy
    Ivy
    Delilah
    Willow
    Genevieve
    Valerie

• Loading the player...
  • KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited December 2016
    Love PP's suggestion of Cassidy. It's on our short-list for a girl.

It was hard for me to think of others! Adding...
    Odette
    Marisol
    Allison
    Corrine 

Just a note on your list...for me, "Hannah" has a similar ending to "Julia." I wouldn't mind that, but you mentioned it was something you'd like to avoid. 
  • Emily/Emilie

Kathryn/Catherine

Lauren

Rachel

• Caroline
    Elizabeth
    Emily
    Hannah
    Lauren
    Paige 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel like we have similar tastes. I love the name Julia and DH has suggested Natalie if we have another girl. We just named our little girl Audrey Claire. Also suggesting Mara. 

• @Hannah0726 ugh my husband vetoed Audrey last time because his "mom has a friend named Audrey."  I was annoyed, because I really like that name.  He also vetoed Gretchen, because a girl down the street from him growing up was named Gretchen.  But that one doesn't sound good with Julia anyway, so I think it's off the table this time.

thanks for all of the great ideas, guys!

• My daughter's name is Julia and we likewise are having trouble finding names to match. Natalie is also a name we are considering for baby number 2! Here are some other names from our current list that hopefully match your criteria:

Margot 
    Jocelyn
    Catherine
    Lucy
    Eliza
    Alice 
    Celeste
  • No suggestions to make but wanted to offer congrats @delujm0 on another June baby! hope your new bmb is as cool as June '15 was!
    Hugs, Mel  (formerly mellymar)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker