Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In 12/5

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are some holiday traditions you're looking forward to in the next few weeks?

Re: PGAL Check-In 12/5

• Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Endive, carrots, burrito

Appointments this week? 
    none for awhile 

Physically in a lot of pelvic pain. Ordered a maternity belt. Heartburn is awful. Feeling tired. Emotionally--now that we're well into December and the Christmas season, it's a constant reminder that I was supposed to be 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow and expecting my Christmas baby. I'm just overall anxious and tired and overwhelmed about it. Crying a lot. But I'm finding a lot of positive in getting to travel and see family, and feel baby girl kicking. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    From what I know, this kind of pelvic pain isn't normal. And my doctor was unhelpful. It makes it hard to function. But I'm hoping the maternity belt and body pillow I ordered will help. Rave: maternity pants are still kinda big on me but it's so nice to not have them pressing into my stomach! 

GTKY: What are some holiday traditions you're looking forward to in the next few weeks? 
    Again, the whole season is rough, but I'm looking forward to building traditions with DH we can keep going next year when baby girl is 8 months. Candlelight service on Christmas Eve is a favorite. Driving around to see Christmas lights. Making cookies. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6 weeks, 5 days

How big is baby? 
    Maine blueberry, chocolate chip, ladybug

Appointments this week? 
    First u/s tomorrow!

Emotionally I'm anxious, nervous, excited. A whole ball of nervous energy basically! The last time I had this appointment did not end well so... Physically I'm tired, my boobs hurt and I have ZERO appetite. My sense of smell is on overdrive and nothing sounds/looks/smells good.

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Nothing yet - just trying to get through tomorrow's appointment so I can breathe a little bit!

Most of my traditions including drinking with friends/family so I guess I'm looking forward to making some new ones!!!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @byrneme good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    @byrneme I could basically copy your entire post! I am 7 weeks and have my first u/s tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck!  Also exhausted, super sore boobs and constantly nauseous (which I never had last time) so nothing sounds good to eat. Hope we both make it through tomorrow and can breathe a little easier!
  • Options
    @CPR79 thinking of you too!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @cpr79! I hope we both post awesome updates and get a little peace of mind. 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    8w6d
    How big is baby? 
    A raspberry today, a cherry tomorrow
    Appointments this week?
    Nope
    Chilling like a villain
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    None, keeping a clear mind
    We don't celebrate any holidays this season but I am looking forward to having to close my restaurant for a few days around Christmas and actually getting *gasp* 2days off work!! Woot woot!

@hgrich sorry about your pelvic pain. Hope your maternity belt will help big time!
    @cpr79 and @byrneme good luck with your first app tomorrow!

Sorry for the bold, my phone seems to not want to unbold certain parts 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  8-1/2 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Raspberry or gummy bear

Appointments this week?
    Today!  Baby had a nice strong heartbeat and wiggled around for us

Exhausted.  And this morning I was super anxious and nauseous.  But overall symptoms have been relatively tame which is both great, and sometimes disconcerting.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Shoutout to my hubby, who has been doing the vast majority of cooking and cleaning for the past few weeks.  Seriously, I don't know how single mama's do this without help.

We'll be telling our families on Christmas (not that that's a tradition), so I'm super excited for that.
  • Options
    @optbaby2017 yay for a helpful hubby. Mine doesn't do much but neither do I. We live like college students lol
  • Options
    1. 21 wks.

2. Carrot.

3. Monthly appt wednesday.

4. Tired physically. Emotionally edgy as always, and that will remain until birth.

5. DD2 still wakes up at night at 3.5 and I'm just so tired. Mama needs sleep!

6. I'm looking forward to putting up our tree next weekend. We take our girls to a live performance each holiday season and last weekend that was Rudolph in musical form and they both loved it. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23w 4d

How big is baby? Grapefruit

Appointments this week? Nope, but I have a regular OBGYN checkup next week.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally great! Physically, no real complaints. Sometimes I get super uncomfortable, it's got to be certain positions he goes in. I know this sounds like "well duh obviously" but  it feels like I have a giant lump in my body, it's the same feeling you get after swallowing something too big and you get a lump in your throat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: What are some holiday traditions you're looking forward to in the next few weeks? Our traditions have changed and continue to change as older family members pass away and all our lives change in general. This weekend is my husbands company Christmas party. So I'm looking forward to a night out with my husband. Our daughter is sleeping over my moms house so we get to sleep in too!
  • Options
    @mwoodside my daughter will be 3 in February and I can totally relate to the waking up at night. She was a great sleeper from 9 months to about 20 months. She had some sort of scare at night and it was just all downhill from there! Now my husband lays with her until she falls asleep then sneaks out. Some times she will sleep through the night, but most she will wake up and call for me. I use to lay down with her and either fall asleep and stay there with her or once she was back asleep I'd get up and go back to my bed. Now that my stomach is getting bigger and it's just too uncomfortable to sleep in her bed. We resorted to putting her old crib mattress at the side of our bed and when she calls for me I pick her up and carry her to our room and put her in the little bed. Not ideal, but we all get a good sleep and it's not like she'll be 13 years old and doing that :) Our bedroom is going to be pretty full with the baby's bed sidecar'd on my side and our daughter on her bed on my husbands side! 
  • Options
    @byrneme and @cpr79 good luck today!!
  • Options
    @optbaby2017 how exciting to announce to family at Christmas. Do you have a special way planned to tell them? 
  • Options
    byrneme said:
    Good luck tomorrow @cpr79! I hope we both post awesome updates and get a little peace of mind. 
    Just got home.  Appointment went as well as could be expected, measuring correctly and got to see a strong heartbeat!  Honestly though I thought I'd be a lot more relieved than I am.  I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but it didn't take long until I started worrying about what comes next!  

On a side note @byrneme, I just now saw in your info that you and I are also the same age so I'm sure we both have a lot of the same concerns around that as well.  Hope everything went well for you today too!
  • Options
    @cpr79 yea!!!! I'm so excited to read all of that. I'm having to hold out until a 1:20 appointment so I'm just keeping myself busy at work! My RE's clinic reserves the morning for IVF & IUI patients so I took the first available afternoon appointment and blocked my calendar at work after. 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    That was a very long morning! First U/S went well - measuring on point and got to see and hear a strong heartbeat - 130 bpm! I go back in 2 weeks for, what I hope will be, my final visit at the RE clinic before they release me to my OB. It's very comforting to see the heart beat on a day when my symptoms were very faint. Hopefully I can stop worrying about that now!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    so happy to hear that @byrneme!!
  • Options
    @CPR79 and @byrneme yay for two strong heartbeats today! So good to hear. Don't be surprised you're not more relieved @cpr79. The worrying doesn't stop. But for now you're doing well and the little bean is in there!