July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In, 5/12

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!

How far along are you?

How are you doing?

When is your next appointment?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

GTKY: What is the one thing you are hoping to get for a Christmas gift this year?
Married:09/27/14 
Baby N-Born:10/29/15
Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

Re: PGAL Check In, 5/12

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!
    I
    am 28, have a son that is 13months old and had a loss at 6 weeks in September.  I think this is when I was sensitized as my dr didn't order a rhogam shot until 2 weeks after, at which point antibodies were already present in my blood. (Always get the damn rhogam shot people, so important, if there is any bleeding at all). So this pregnancy is high risk and it's all pretty scary.

How far along are you?
    7w3d

How are you doing?
    Im feeling really awful and sick and really positive about the pregnancy.... but also nervous.

i have an appointment on Thursday and I hope they can give me a few answers regarding the monitoring and further testing I need... I'm also expecting a referral to an MFM but am not sure if they will wait another month or put the referral in now.  I have a dating scan on the 20th which can't come fast enough!

Rant: it's so bloody cold outside and I have so much running around to do today.  I hate having to bundle/ unbundle my son getting in and out of his car seat.  

GTKY: What is the one thing you are hoping to get for a Christmas gift this year?
    The only thing I have asked for is a new set of dishes!  I hate the ones I have now!

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!
    This is #2 after DD1 who is 2.5.  1 MC this summer
    How far along are you?
    7W5D
    How are you doing?
    Ok. Starting to get a little nervous about the 1st appt.

Friday
    I'm very bleh now. I want to be excited, but feeling awful sucks but hopefully is a good sign. I just need to get further along.

Gifts for experiences.

@MrsN092714 in and out of the car is the worst. We have a car blanket that serves as a coat for DD....so much faster than an actual coat!!

• Loading the player...
    I'm Laura. Have 2 girls ages 5 and 2 and had a mmc at 13 weeks back in march - took 2 D&Cs to resolve

How far along are you?
    9 weeks today

How are you doing?
    Doing OK. Last week was pretty rough with the morning sickness but I started unisom/B6 and it seems to be helping tremendously. I'm still spotting a little which I dislike.. I'm on progesterone and that makes me spot a maroon/pink color which makes me anxious every time. 
    We had a really rough weekend - my FIL has stomach cancer and Friday he was scheduled for surgery to remove it all after aggressive radiation and chemo this summer, but when they opened him up they found small tumors throughout his abdomen. Its been a challenge. My DH and his dad are also business partners so its a double whammy - he's worried about his dad but also the business and making sure everyone (us, his parents, all the employees) have money.... This is the first of our parents to get terminally ill so its a new road for us. At this point, I'm trying to suck it up and not feel so sick and keep our girls happy and in their normal routine. 

One week from today.

My friends and my family are being extra helpful and understanding which is so great.

Frye riding boots!
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! Hi ladies. I am a 32 year old mom of 2 girls, ages 2 and almost 4. I have had 3 losses. My first loss was 10 years ago at 6 weeks pregnant, my second loss was at 12 weeks in February of 2012. This past August, I lost di/di twins at 12 weeks (missed miscarriage), so a total of 3 losses and 4 babies with 2 living children. I had RPL testing done and everything came back normally. I had a D&C with all of my losses but only had chromosomal testing done on the twins, and they both had extra chromosomes. I am currently 7 weeks, 3 days with my 6th pregnancy and hopefully third living child. 

How far along are you? 7 weeks, 3 days. EDD: July 21st. 

How are you doing? I had my first ultrasound this morning! Baby measured 7 weeks, 1 day with a heartbeat of 148 bpm. 

When is your next appointment? Dec. 20th with my OB. I have frequent appointments (every 2-3 weeks).

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Very relieved about my first ultrasound. 

GTKY: What is the one thing you are hoping to get for a Christmas gift this year? Nothing! I honestly don't want anything (besides a healthy, happy family). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4 losses- MC in 2006, MMC in February 2012 at 12 weeks and MMC (twins) August 2016 at 12 weeks. Pregnant again- 11/7/16. Another loss on December 28, 2016.

BFP April 23, 2017.  Our triple rainbow baby! EDD: January 2, 2018. It's a boy!
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! I got pregnant in May 2016 and found an MMC at my eight week scan and had a D&C the next day. So this is my second pregnancy and I truly hope it will be my first baby!

How far along are you? 8+2 - if all goes well, tomorrow I'll be further along than I made it in the first pregnancy, which is a nice milestone!

How are you doing? Pretty well! Still so happy we saw a good strong (165!) heartbeat at our scan last week. We don't have a scan this week, which lets me relax a little - I still find them very anxiety-inducing. Symptoms-wise, feeling okay today (which always makes me nervous, which is dumb, because I don't like feeling sick either!), but have been pretty nauseated and dizzy.

When is your next appointment? A week from tomorrow - doing another ultrasound. I hope the baby will be doing well...and my extra hope is that the placenta will be doing its thing and I can stop the progesterone supplements soon.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I've made it to Pilates twice since Saturday and it really puts me in a good mood!

GTKY: What is the one thing you are hoping to get for a Christmas gift this year? Honestly, there's nothing I'm dying for. Maybe some new cookbooks?
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • @MrsN092714 and @flipflopped Sending good vibes for your appointments!!!

@ladipale I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. That's so tough.

@Runner313 Yay for a good heartbeat!!!

• @leilac - I feel you on the feeling sick/not-sick. I don't want to feel sick but for some reason its reassurance.
    I'm also ready to stop progesterone supplements... my OB just said to stop them at 10 weeks. I have an appt with her that day but how do they know if the placenta is working or not yet?
    This part may be TMI - but what color are you progesterone supplements? Are you inserting vaginally? I continue to spot.. but keep telling myself its just the dye from the progesterone. Mine are a maroonish color
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • MimoCaMimoCa member
    edited December 2016

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!
    Im Mimi. Had a loss in August. This is my second pregnancy.
    How far along are you?
    8p6d
    How are you doing?

Alright. No complaints.
    12/28
    Nah Im chillin
    We don't celebrate Christmas so we never have gifts but if we did, I would hope for a cleaning service to come over lol

Edited because this tablet autocorrect my name
  • @MimoCA - can i have your chill..... You are moving right along - LOVE it!
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @ladipale sorry to hear about your FIL.  Sick parents are such a hard situation to deal with :(
    @MrsN092714 good luck with your appt and why does it feel like it got cold all of a sudden
    @flipflopped ill be rooting g for you for your appointment!
    @leilac I wish I had the dedication to go to exercise class but Im a lazy bum lol
  • @ladipale I think they can see if the placenta is developed, but I could be wrong! Mine are oral pills I insert vaginally (generic Prometrium). They're a pale yellow, so almost all my discharge is that gross color.
  • @ladipale is you can! Honestly, my chill is a result of having zero f**** to give at this point. I mean my worse case scenario is still a bluing to what half the world has to go through!
  • @leilac - ok - that makes me feel better. I'd prefer pale yellow but at least mine matches color of my suppositories. But, really - WHY did they make them maroon? 

@MimoCa - that is so true, and my DH and I know that we've done it before (gotten through a loss) and can do it again. I think the illness of my FIL is just magnifying things for me right now. I feel like our/his family need something good to think about and focus on and I know thats putting more pressure on me than I should but its the reality.
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • MimoCaMimoCa member
    edited December 2016
    @ladipale I know exactly how tough it is, my father was sick a couple of years ago but sadly he passed. However throughout the sickness we consoled ourselves in what a full and happy life he lived and only focus on the good and present! I know it sucks that the pressure on you but remember for the sake of your LO, you should try to be as stress free as possible (easier said then done). I like to push away all my dark thoughts and stress but thinking of good things or even asking myself in a worst case scenario, can I survive? Or even I don't will the world continue to go on. Sometimes it dark but often it helps!

Edited because I can't spell
  • @ladipale
    mine were vaginal inserts, and white, but they do put out a lot of extra discharge. My RE said to stop them at 10 weeks, so I have. Still having discharge, but not nearly as much. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
    Been trying since late 2013. Had a MMC in March 15, with D&C in July 15 (my body couldn't do anything right that time apparently...). This is second pregnancy. 
    How far along are you?
    10+2
    How are you doing?
    Pretty good - mostly just uncomfortable feeling in the midsection, either from gas/bloating, or tightness in clothing. Depends on the day/time of day. I actually went and bought a slightly larger size bra the other day to help with that constriction. Once in a while I'll feel maybe a little nausea, but far less often than I was a few weeks ago. 
    Next Thursday... 12/15 still a long way to go, but I'm feeling more hopeful this time around. This is about the time last time I found out about the MMC last time, so waiting to make sure things are a-ok so I can breath easier!
    Still feeling very pregnant and more excited/nervous as time goes on. Trying to figure out how to break the news to my boss after my appt. next week. 
    Ha - since my family isn't going to find out about the baby until Christmas, I mostly just hope that I don't get clothes or other generic "cheap" stocking stuffer crap, because mostly I don't really need anything these days (pretty minimalist). Gift Cards would be awesome for upcoming future use though!!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Firstly (gush..) I am very happy to have this group on our BMB.  It's nice to have a good group of ladies to actually get to know and vent to where we aren't just lost in the convo of the board.  Most of my fears about this pregnancy aren't coming from my loss but from the complications we are facing this time but I'm glad to have a home here.

@ladipale So sorry about your FIL.  And hopefully you can get off the progesterone soon!  Are you off bed rest Now?  (SCH right?)
    @runner313 My heartburn/edd buddy!  How exciting you got to see baby!  We go on the 20th, the wait is killing me
    @leilac so glad things to be going good, passing the loss date does feel like a milestone and seeing that heartbeat makes it even better!
    @mimoca a cleaning service sounds way better than the dishes I'm asking for!  We got hit with a wicked cold front.  It dropped almost 15 degrees C in the last 2 days and got super windy.  I'm spending the day in front of my wood stove
    @thepecks Isn't it a weird feeling having to announce to your boss.  I feel awkward telling most people but I know my boss topped the list my first pregnancy!

H and I are 27. I had a Mmc this summer. 
    How far along are you?
    8+5
    How are you doing?
    Exhausted! Nauseous/vomiting when I'm not full. 
    I had one today! They were able to get me in for a dating scan while I was there. Everything was right on track! They did find a cyst on one of my ovaries so that is concerning. 
    I feel like the biggest weight was lifted today after seeing that everything is ok! I have officially passed the point they discovered my Mmc so starting to feel positive. 
    H and I don't really do gifts for eachother. We have asked mostly for things to help us finish a few house projects. Nothing incredibly exciting!
  • @mrs35 YAY! So glad your ultrasound went well!
  • @MrsN092714 - yes - I'm off bed rest.. but still too nervous to take myself off pelvic rest so not exercising, lifting much, etc. SCH did seem to have been resolved when I saw my OB last week.
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @mrs35 yay for LO looking good and on track
    I had two m/c prior to my DD, the first was a molar pregnancy, and the second was an early loss. My DD is 5.5 and keeps me on my toes. 

How far along are you?
    8w6d

How are you doing?
    Good, overly nauseated, but haven't actually puked- so that's a plus. 

Monday 12/12

My first appt and u/s last week went great. 

DH and I don't usually exchange gifts. My family is doing a secret santa among the adults, and I put some baking stuff on my wish list. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Thanks for all the kind words and wishes. Friday seems so far away, but since yesterday passed in a blur I'm a little closer!!

@mrs35 Great you are on track!!

@ladipale I was thinking about your bedrest. Glad it is over and the SCH. Best wishes for a smooth time now.

@thepecks I hear you on not wanting little junky stuff. I have been critically evaluating everything in my house for the past year. I still have alot to go, but the rooms I'm done with are so much nicer with less things.

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!  Had a natural MC in July at 8w2d after my first round of IVF. Ended up with a surprise positive in Oct while on a break.

How far along are you? 9w3d, EDD 7/8/17

How are you doing? Nausea has subsided, so that's good.  

When is your next appointment? Had my first OB visit yesterday, got to see the shrimp again and it was waving! Next is blood work for NIPT next week then my NT scan Jan 4. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Less stressed about a mc everyday that passes. 

GTKY: What is the one thing you are hoping to get for a Christmas gift this year?  Over the knee suede boots! 

I'm 28 years old. Had a miscarriage last year. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Hoping baby sticks.

How far along are you? 8 weeks

How are you doing? Good. OB is positive but still cautious with telling us he can't guarantee that a m/c wouldn't happen but that likely hood is low. 

When is your next appointment? I had my 8 week prenatal appt today, with u/s. Next one in 4 weeks

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Happy to hear a stronger/faster heart beat of 150s compared to last week of 122.

• How far along are you? 

10 weeks 2 days

How are you doing?
    Not bad- the all day nausea has abated a bit, which at first had me freaking out as a loss of symptoms - but heard heartbeat by Doppler yesterday yay!  

Thursday I have genetic counseling for pre- materni21 testing.  The NT scan is in a couple weeks and then I see my midwife in 4 weeks.

Why oh why for the life of me and for all that is good and evil won't my 17 month old sleep through the night?!??  Why is he so stubborn?  Wouldn't it be easier to just go to sleep rather than cry for 2 hours???? WTF!  I'm exhausted!  I'm behind at work and I can't exist in this zombie state much longer.

We aren't doing gifts this year because we are helping my parents out with a massive loan so they can finish building a house.   We weren't even going to get a tree but I caved and got one over the weekend and decorated last night.  We keep DS at home and have a nanny, which is eating up my salary but I'm just not ready to send him to group care until he has caught up developmentally.  I work from home about 40% of the time. I didn't realize it would be so hard to go back to work and leave baby...

That being said, I would love a trip home! but midwife said no travel to Caribbean.

• @ladipale sorry you are going through so much!

@leilac congrats on making that milestone!  I know I breathed a lot easier after I passed mine / mentally it was just such a relief!
  • @flipflopped sending positive vibes for a great appointment tomorrow!
    @ladipale sorry to hear about your FIL it must be a tough time :( 
    @mrs35 The cyst is usually what provides progesterone, so there is typically nothing to worry about, unless it is very large (then you have to be careful about movements) - this is based on what my RE told me about my two cysts. 
    @mjacks16 yay for your great appointment!!
    @MrsN092714 How did your appointment go!? Unless i missed that update somewhere...

Wow okay The bump is messing with me this morning. I am on the computer typing and out of nowhere I lost everything I wrote, then I refreshed the page and nothing was there. Went away to get some stuff done and now I am back at the computer and everything is there (above). 

Anyway I am kind of late to the thread here, but better late than never, right?

Hi there. I am 29 and DH is 31. We have been trying for our first baby since June 2015. During that time, we did two IUIs and experienced two losses- one was at 6w the other at 9w (D&C for this loss discovered trisomy 13).
    Excited to be pregnant this time with twins! Really feels like a blessing.

How far along are you?
    9+1

How are you doing?
    I am doing OK. I have my moments but I am hoping for more good news at my appointment in two weeks. I had one two days ago and everything looked great - we saw two wiggly beans! It was truly incredible but I am still very nervous.

Dec 19 - my Dr. office is awesome (it is a rotating practice) but with my history (and now I am with the MFM) they said I can come back in two weeks and not have to wait for the month to go by. That way I can get some reassurance. I so appreciate that kind of understanding from health professionals. 

I am not at work today. YAY! That is always a PLUS. 

- I can't unbold here, sorry. So a quick background - DH&I went to this amazing place in the catskills for a mini-honeymoon (I could only get three days off work at that time) three years ago. I mentioned wanting to go for a weekend MONTHS ago and I found out that he got us a weekend there. YAY for knowing early christmas presents. And I didn't peek - he told me. Man cannot keep a secret. I am surprised the whole world doesn't know we are expecting yet. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 Twins!! Congrats!! Enjoy your trip!!
  • @irishrose54 I didn't realize you were having twins either!  How wonderful!

APPOINTMENT UPDATE! 
    I had a really great conversation with my nurse (who was my favorite from my first pregnancy) who really has such a great grasp on my whole situation with the antibodies.  She did some digging and I was definitely sensitized during my mc which sucks.  She referred me to an MFM and told me that they will be doing all the NIPT needed to find out babies blood type, or may jump to an amnio if my levels are going up and they don't want to wait for results.  Right now my levels are really low which is great.  I am set for a dating scan Dec 20 but the Dr that I saw today apparently loves to play around with the bedside US machine they have so I got to see the bean... and a nice strong heartbeat!  (and a giant weight lifted off my shoulders!)  I don't know what the heart rate was and my bladder was to empty to get a really clear picture but I felt so good leaving.  I am actually really looking forward to my apt with the MFM as they told me they start the appointment with a sit down, explain the monitoring, the different possibilities and outcomes and the  follow up with a very in depth scan that is shown on a big screen TV beside me... so that will be neat.  I am definitely looking at a ton of scans this pregnancy but I will love checking in on my baby so much <3