Infertility

Struggling with Progesterone

Hi everyone-
So I am 37 yrs old, have been TTC for about 1.5 years and recently discovered that I have low AMH of .6. After crying for about two days I started to take action. Follistim injectables and Overdril preceded my IUI, which I just had this past Tuesday. I can't say the injectables were FUN but they were nothing compared to the Progesterone I am now taking as a suppository.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE. I CAN HARDLY KEEP MY EYES OPEN! My stomach feels like I swallowed a helium balloon. I have read about these side effects now across multiple sites, but I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way to counteract the extreme fatigue. Natural remedies? Yoga poses? I'm open to anything!

Thanks!

Re: Struggling with Progesterone

• I haven't experienced the fatigue but the bloat is real!!!! Omg
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • sberriessberries member
    edited December 2016
    I got the fatigue! I did the progesterone in oil shots and would be asleep on the couch 30 minutes after the injection. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually, be careful with yoga.  When progesterone is high, your joints might be just a touch more lax that normal, which means that when you stretch, you put more stress on the joints, and get a less effective stretch in your muscle.  So keep your stretches gentle.

But stretchy pants... stretchy pants are your friend.

In time, your body adjusts and the fatigue is not as severe.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Side effects are brutal and fatigue is particularly tough, but as klake42 said, hopefully your body will adjust. One thing that helped me was taking a brisk walk while it was light out. I know that the last thing you want to do when you're tired is exercise, but I found myself thinking, "OK when I get home from the walk I can nap if I'm still tired," but never needed the nap when I got home.
    Good luck!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker