2nd Trimester

Boy or girl??

i have had a few ultrasounds this pregnancy none being able to definitely give gender I just had my 19 week anatomy scan & the Dr said at first girl bt then said I need to come back at 28 weeks to rescan that either she has a prominent clitois or possibly boy or heaven forbid gender issue anyone heard this?? In some angles they see 3 white lines other angles they don't & they see nub

Re: Boy or girl??

• It's entirely possible that the ultrasound tech just couldn't get a good enough angle to determine the sex of the baby at the scan.  Generally, when that happens, they just have you come back later to try again, especially if they were also unable to see some of the parts of the anatomy that are necessary to check at the anatomy scan.  I'm unable to see the pictures you attached, but I'm not an ultrasound tech, so I very much doubt I could give you any more information than they did even if I could see it.  If you have more specific questions, you should call your doctor.  They are clearly not very concerned about it being a serious issue; they'd have you come in for another scan earlier than 28 weeks in that case most likely.
  • Any guesses?? Boy or girl
  • Loading the player...
  • Mak2 said:
    Any guesses?? Boy or girl
    Yes.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • If the trained ultrasound technician could not determine the sex after looking at multiple angles for a while, us untrained internet strangers probably won't be able to either. Congrats; it's a baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry I thought this was a place to
    ask suggestions & questions if u didn't have anything nice please don't reply 
  • they were nice....
  • These look like really poor quality images. The equipment that they used at my anatomy scan wasn't the greatest, but you could very definitively see a penis. These are kind of blurry. Perhaps it's just the equipment, and they will be able to get a better View at 28 weeks. Be patient.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You can definitely ask questions, but you have to realize most of us here aren't trained professionals. I mean, how would we know? If I had to guess I guess I'd say boy? I literally have no idea though. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Mak2 said:
    Sorry I thought this was a place to
    ask suggestions & questions if u didn't have anything nice please don't reply 
    Welcome to the internet.  Just as you have every right to post your question, we have every right to respond as we wish. 

I agree with PP, if a trained tech who presumably does this on a daily basis and has many angles available can't tell why do you think random strangers on the internet would be able to tell you any different?  Listen to the people with medical training. 
  • I bet your kid will be so thankful you posted (blurry) pictures of their genitalia on the internet. Yikes.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• I am so sorry people are so rude I just got the same feedback from people on here for doing the same as you, I would say it's a girl because there really isn't anything sticking far out that's just my guess
  • I am so sorry people are so rude I just got the same feedback from people on here for doing the same as you, I would say it's a girl because there really isn't anything sticking far out that's just my guess
    Pretty sure OP would know by now, considering this post is from December and they were going to check again at 28 weeks...