December 2016 Moms

Wednesday and Tuesday Ticker Change (11/30 & 11/29)

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY:  (Stolen from Monday 'cause it is a good question) What is your favorite holiday food?

EQD born 12/15!

Re: Wednesday and Tuesday Ticker Change (11/30 & 11/29)

• How far along are you? 39 weeks!

How big is baby? Pumpkin, small watermelon

How are you feeling? Overall, I feel pretty good. It definitely feels like he's more crowded in there. I'm ready for him to be out. It's really weird to be super excited on the one hand, and really nervous on the other. Strange mix. 

What's going on this week? 39-week appointment today. Last time I was not dilated at all, so I'm hoping that some progress has been made. 

Rants/Raves/Questions Rave: Being on leave is pretty awesome. I've been able to get some cleaning done, walked the dogs yesterday, ran some errands. Rant: I still am getting up at 5 am every morning, but I'm super productive in the mornings, so I'm just going with it. 

GTKY:  (Stolen from Monday 'cause it is a good question) What is your favorite holiday food? Oh wow, that's a tough one. Probably all the baked goods, haha! How about a favorite holiday drink? Mulled wine. I CANNOT WAIT. 
  • How far along are you?
    39 Weeks!
    How big is baby?
    A pumpkin, a rack of ribs, a box of krispy creme donuts, a mini watermelon!
    How are you feeling?
    most hours of the day, i feel ok, but I definitely have hours where I have cramping and back pain on and off. Last night, driving home, I was pretty sure i was having some kind of contractions but they all felt too long to be the real thing actually. Like my back would tense up for several minutes. And then after dinner, I had cramping that felt too quick to be the real thing... I'm super paranoid that I'm going to miss labor starting... But I think all of this is just prep. I know she dropped some over the last week because I can tell I have more space for my stomach.
    I have my last pre-baby psychiatrist appointment today and tomorrow is my 39 week OB appointment. I'll be scheduling my first post-baby psych appointment today too. My OB and Psych want me to check in with him 2-3 weeks post birth as a check point for PPD/A because I'm high risk for both.
    Rants/Raves/Questions
    My biggest rant is that I have no idea what the heck my body is doing!  My back hurts on and off, I'm getting cramping in my lower abdomen but none of it is what I was expecting from real labor and it is freaking confusing! 
    GTKY:  (Stolen from Monday 'cause it is a good question) What is your favorite holiday food?
    I super look forward to pumpkin pie every year! But really, i love making something new and interesting for the holidays. When we have Christmas with my family (we switch off years) I usually do the cooking and love making something new and interesting. One year, I made a goose and another year I made beef wellington. I'm gonna miss not being with my family this year but the pediatrician strongly discouraged us from getting on a plane with a tiny newborn. 
    EQD born 12/15!

• Loading the player...
  • jptrumptonejptrumptone member
    edited November 2016
    @Lisa3370: Great question about drinks! My favorite holiday drink is Wassail (kinda like spiced cider)!  My mom used to make it every year and it just makes me super happy!

edit: punctuation :-)
    EQD born 12/15!

• @jptrumptone I totally had to google what Wassail was, haha... that stuff looks AWESOME. 
  • How far along are you?
    37 weeks

How big is baby?
    Size of a small baby. 

How are you feeling?
    Good. I think this guy is pretty cozy in there and won't be making his appearance any time soon. 

OB yesterday. Quick in and out. Declining cervix checks until 40 weeks or until anything starts actually happening. I can tell it's driving my OB nuts not knowing. She seems surprised I'm not dying to know.

Rants/Raves/Questions
    I've been a terrible employee this week. Most of my day to day work has been handed off in preparation for my leave. So I'm just working on old back burner projects. Very slowly...

Strawberry jello salad. It's a family recipe that's apparently super random because know one else knows what it is. Basically it's strawberries, strawberry jello (not gelled), and cool whip all mixed together. Sounds gross but so good!
  • How far along are you? 39 weeks

How big is baby? pumpkin

How are you feeling? Hip and back pain ramped up last night. Baby boy is definitely changing position in there. Have had tons of contractions but nothing serious yet. 

What's going on this week? Got my membranes stripped at my appt today. I'm 3cm and 80% effaced. Hoping that will put me in labor asap. It worked same day with DS! Baby is measuring large so I'm being induced on Friday morning if he doesn't come by then. I've been having some random strong contractions since my appt at 11am but nothing serious or timeable yet. 

Rants/Raves/Questions Since I'm only pregnant for a max of 48 more hours I'm not going to rant today. :) I posted a few raves in the Randoms thread yesterday... I'm getting some extra pay at work that was unexpected so that will help cover my unpaid maternity leave. Yay! And my in laws arrived yesterday so now we don't have to worry what to do with our kids when it's time for this LO to be born. 

GTKY:  (Stolen from Monday 'cause it is a good question) What is your favorite holiday food? All the sweets!! I love to bake and I enjoy lots of different desserts so the holidays is my fav time to make lots of them. I make an Oreo Bark that is awesome. And Oreo Truffles. I also enjoy making (and eating) cream wafer cookies and some good old fashioned cutouts with frosting. I also always freeze a homemade pumpkin roll from Thanksgiving to have at Christmas bc pumpkin is definitely for Christmas time too. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    37 weeks

How big is baby?
    Honeydew melon or a skunk.

How are you feeling?
    Tired and big. I'm just anxious to be going on leave Friday. And my heartburn is insane and I'm not walking well.
    Appt Friday because my BP has been wonky. I know he's dropped since week 35 so I'm curious if there is any progress. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions
    Again I'm just ready to be home and waiting on my boy to arrive.
    Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad. It's seriously my favorite thing at family Christmas. I can eat it until I make myself sick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How far along are you? 37 weeks!

How big is baby? tackle box or a skunk 

How are you feeling? Overall, pretty crappy. I am uncomfortable and have trouble walking and putting on shoes.

What's going on this week? OB appt tomorrow

Rants/Raves/Questions Rant- I am trying to finish my end of semester assignments early since I could go at any time. Wrote my final reflection on our readings over the weekend and my professor yesterday decided to add requirements/change some requirements for that assignment. Wtf. Irritated I have to rewrite part of it and add a completely new component to the paper.

That's a tough one! I might have to go with all the different cookies/candies because my late grandma used to make a table just full of them when I was young. A close second would be prime rib as my dad's side of the family eats it for Christmas, and it was the only time of the year I could have it... Atleast until I became an adult and realized they serve it in restaurants year round haha  
  • @ErikandAfton whoa whoa whoa. Raspberry jello pretzel salad? I have no idea what that is, but it sounds delicious!!! Pinterest, here I come! 

• How far along are you?  38 weeks as of Tuesday 

How big is baby? Winter Melon

How are you feeling?   I feel fine other than the back and hip pain.  Sometimes it can be debilitating.   Also, this heartburn is wicked.  

What's going on this week?   Had my final doctors appointment on Tuesday. Baby is measuring big.  I was also 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I'm being induced on the 6th unless baby arrives before then.  

Rants/Raves/Questions.  This is officially the longest I've been pregnant.  Yay! 

GTKY:  (Stolen from Monday 'cause it is a good question) What is your favorite holiday food?  My moms dressing.  But I also love all the deserts.  I love to bake!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @ErikandAfton whoa whoa whoa. Raspberry jello pretzel salad? I have no idea what that is, but it sounds delicious!!! Pinterest, here I come! 
    It's amazing. There's several versions of it but my family always does Raspberry. The pretzel adds the perfect amount of salt and crunch. Ahh I might have to go get stuff to make it this weekend because now I can't stop thinking about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BabyRobbinsAdventure, good luck with your end of semester assignments. I was in school for so long, the end of the semester feels like it will never end! You can do it!

@jptrumptone, I feel the exact same way about labor starting. But everyone tells me that once it starts you can't miss it, so it means we will know, just gotta wait. 

How far along are you? 39+2

How big is baby? Pumpkin and size of a baby

How are you feeling? Anxious and uncomfortable but excited to meet this little girl. I want to be patient, but I switch between impatient and calm/relaxed throughout the day. It drives me nuts that they can't tell you an estimate of when baby could be here.

What's going on this week? I had my 39 week check up yesterday, still shy of 2cm/90% effaced. I had some contractions after the cervical check but they died down after a few hours.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I feel like everyone is having their babies but me   and also feel guilty about being on leave without a baby (I know it's silly...)-Boo me...

Roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole and panettone (Italian sweet bread) with butter.

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016