1st Trimester

3rd baby and I'm already a whale...anyone else?

Having a 5 year old, and a 9 months. old I started at 115lbs this go around not getting the last 5 off from the last pregnancy. I'm roughly 8 wks already 120 and I look 4 months pregnant! my goodness. anyone else in fear they are getting too big too fast and are going to have trouble getting back to a flat stomach after baby? this will definitely be my last going at this rate.

Re: 3rd baby and I'm already a whale...anyone else?

• I feel the same. This is also my 3rd. I have a five year old..and almost three year old. I feel like I've already gained a ton! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same. This is also my 3rd. I have a five year old..and almost three year old. I feel like I've already gained a ton! 
    My children are the same age, this is my third and I feel huge already too.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerSaveSaveSaveSave
  • I have a 6year old and a 4year old.  I feel huge already.  Not sure how long I can hide it from my boss.
  • Wow 120! Yeah you are very huge for only being 8 weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am also on my 3rd. I have noticed with each pregnancy I start showing earlier 
  • It's not so much the number on the scale but how she feels, we also don't know her height. She is allowed to feel bigger than she is. I do not think she is fat shaming, I feel super bloated and my clothes are fitting tighter and are now uncomfortable and blah feeling.

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• It's not so much the number on the scale but how she feels, we also don't know her height. She is allowed to feel bigger than she is. I do not think she is fat shaming, I feel super bloated and my clothes are fitting tighter and are now uncomfortable and blah feeling.
    I'm 4'11" and 120 is in the middle of the healthy bmi range. I know bmi isn't everything but usually is a good enough indicator. She would have to be six inches shorter than me for 120 to be a problem. 
  • Linsbins said:
    It's not so much the number on the scale but how she feels, we also don't know her height. She is allowed to feel bigger than she is. I do not think she is fat shaming, I feel super bloated and my clothes are fitting tighter and are now uncomfortable and blah feeling.
    I'm 4'11" and 120 is in the middle of the healthy bmi range. I know bmi isn't everything but usually is a good enough indicator. She would have to be six inches shorter than me for 120 to be a problem. 
    You're 4'11? Geez.
  • I feel huge already, 9 weeks and I've gained 5lbs.  I lost 100lbs a few years ago, so I already know I have issues with food and body image.

You're not alone in feeling like you've gained too much at the beginning.  Especially when there's so much advice out there on how much to gain and at what rate.
  • Hahaha! I get excessively large when I'm pregnant. I was 100lbs before DD1, 128lbs before DS, 135ish before DD2 and each pregnancy I gained anywhere from 40-70lbs. This time I'm starting out at 144, Im not worried. First, I don't have anyone to impress with my flat belly. This stretchmarked jelly belly has carried three beautiful babies (and is now holding hopefully my 4th). I feel blessed to be jiggly. My SO thinks I'm sexy as hell and my kids like how comfy I am to cuddle with. I understand the fear, I understand the stress, but I think it's important to try (unless you have a psychiatric condition that makes it difficult, and in that case I'd assume you're getting counseling to help, I have a dysfunctional brain so I get that too) to remember how blessed you are to not have a flat belly, how many women would kill to get fluffy from growing a baby.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis