Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Intro and hello

Hi everyone - I'd love to join the group and meet you all! You can see my history in my signature - it's been a long road since I first had cancer in 2010 but we finally got the all clear to try to start a family in 2015, and since then the road has stayed bumpy. We felt from the day of transfer during this FET that this time might be the one that worked, and I was so happy to get a BFP at home 6 days later. We had an early u/s at 5 weeks 5 days on 11/10 and now I'm just trying to stay sane until our next one on 11/22. Our last baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and a few days so I'm in the middle of that time right now and so anxious.

I'm trying to stay positive but every little thing makes me worry. My beta at 11dp5dt was 172 which is normal but not all that high, so of course that freaked me out. The GS/YS measured on target for dates and there was a flicker of cardiac motion but they didn't count the heart rate so now that's freaked me out. I don't have any symptoms like morning sickness, just fatigue and hunger which comes from the progesterone that H jabs in my bum every night, so that super freaks me out. I don't know how to calm down and just be happy!!! Having a loss sucks all the joy out of early pregnancy - maybe you can all empathize.

Re: Intro and hello

• Options
    Congrats!! I'm struggling with the joy suck that is pgal. the success stories help me to have hope.best wishes!!
  • Options
    Welcome! Definitely we can empathize about being robbed of the joy of pregnancy. So sorry for all you've been through. Also I'm bummed for you that there's such a stretch between your ultrasounds and around your loss milestone. But I'm glad they gave you such an early one. We are pulling for you and the little bean. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for everything you've been through. I know what it's like to be too scared to be happy. I have had only 2 real moments of joy and it was when I got my bfp and today at our scan. Every other day has been a struggle. Our angel stopped growing at around 8w3d and I had no sign of miscarriage. So needless to say I overanalyze every little thing. Cramping, lack of cramping, decreased nausea etc. Today I had my first ultrasound and our rainbow is measuring 9w1d!! I feel immense relief. It's more likely that a miscarriage is a 1 time occurence so your odds are good that this is different and the baby is fine. All you can do is try to stay calm and distract yourself with other things until the next ultrasound. Good luck and welcome! 
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulation on this pregnancy and beating cancer! I'm sorry for your previous loss. You're in the right place for support and understanding. I learned right away this pregnancy was going to be much different after a previous loss. It helped me to acknowledge that and say it's ok that it's different. 

Best wishes! 
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm thinking of you during this tough limbo time.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    So needless to say I overanalyze every little thing. Cramping, lack of cramping, decreased nausea etc. 
    Glad to know I'm not the only one!  I worried yesterday that I was having more cramping than the day before, then today I worried I wasn't having any cramping.  PGAL is such a mind game!