Pregnant after a Loss

Pregnant after 2 MC: Doctors Office Rant

Here I am again. BFP last Tuesday. 

My story? CP in January of 2014 (I was in the ER on New Years Eve), and MMC on Valentines Day 2015. The CP was devastating, but my heart literally broke after the MMC. We heard the little beans heart beat at 8 weeks and everything looked great! At our 12 week appointment there was no heartbeat and the babe had stopped growing at 9 weeks. Trying to explain that feeling to people that have not been through it is impossible. 

Fast forward to last Tuesday (11/8) I got a positive BFP. I am not even sure how that happened (we were not trying), but it did and I am TERRIFIED but so over the moon. All I want is this little one to hang on! 

First appointment with my doctor was 11/9. They confirmed my pregnancy and ordered blood work. I told my husband that night and he is so thrilled. My labs came back with normal/high progesterone and Hcg was right on target for early pregnancy. I did my repeat Friday and got the labs back today. My Hcg doubled to 351, and my progesterone is 29.1. I am on 200 mg progesterone supplements per day, plus 81 mg baby aspirin, and 2000miu Vitamin D, and of course my prenatal. The progesterone just to be on the safe side, and a bit for my peace of mind. 

Symptoms: I started with a back ache about a week before BFP in my lower back that has continued. I have some mild cramping (nothing severe and no bleeding). Mostly my boobs hurt a lot, and I am tired by like 8 or 9 PM. 

My rant? I feel like my doctors office is super flaky this time around. My doctor moved to his own practice, and I love him, but his nurses don't call me back! Like, I text him to let him know I hadn't heard back about my bloodwork and he told me he didn't even know I was pregnant and prescribed my progesterone right away. Today I followed up to see if my labs came back from Friday, and the nurse casually said yes but that no one could call me until tomorrow. I demanded she get the results for me and transfer me to the nurses voicemail. I don't want to bother my doctor, but I can't assume he thinks this is okay? I mean, be a bit sensitive to the fact that I might want to talk to someone about my labs after having two losses??

Sorry, end of rant! My first ultrasound is 11/28. Just keep telling the babe to stay in there! and Grow baby, grow!

Re: Pregnant after 2 MC: Doctors Office Rant

• Wow, those nurses sound awful. I would have flipped out.  It really sucks when you like your doctor but the nurses and office staff keep them under lock and key. That's pretty cool you can text him, but I hear what you're saying about not wanting to bother him. Next time you see him face to face I'd mention all your concerns regarding the office staff/nurses and ask him what the plan is to make sure all information is communicated both ways properly. Seriously, after two losses they need to go above and beyond with supporting you. That's how I feel anyway and the reason why after going through two losses with my previous OBGYN I switched to a new one were the office staff, nurses and doctors are all great. 

Ps- Welcome!!
  • Welcome! Sorry you've been through so much crap. And so much grief. I was almost the same d your mmc. 8 week u/s looked great. I had just told family at 10 weeks, empty ultrasound at 11 weeks and baby had quit growing at 9. You're right. It's impossible to explain to those who haven't been there and when people you told act like it's nothing and you can just try again it's so frustrating. They have no idea. I'm sorry you're going through the fear you are. BUT your new bfp sounds just like mine too--hcg and progesterone looking good. And now I'm 18 weeks. Hang in there and keep us posted when you have your u/s. 

I'm also sorry your doctors office is being flaky. That's so frustrating especially right now when there's so much uncertainty for you. Hopefully they're just having a weird week and will be less flaky in the future. 

Pulling for you and the little bean! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Getting the run around by clinic staff is the worst! 
  • Welcome and congrats!

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.