Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

if/testing check in week 11/14

Good morning ladies!!

**General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: If you could do anything for a living and get paid to do it (besides being a mom) what would it be?
*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: if/testing check in week 11/14

• Options
    @mrsdaddario Fx that its still early, I am so sorry things are not looking good. I get needing to take a break from treatments and come up with a plan going forward. Hugs girl.

@laurad75 fx crossed for you, beta is today isn't it?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 Thank you for thinking of me but it was negative.  I tested at home early today to be prepared and was confident that it would be negative.  I still got a little weepy when the nurse called with my results but I'm okay.  I'm trying to look at the positives (I'm going to run a half marathon this coming wknd, I'm drinking a latte right now, I'm having a drink or 4 tonight) and on to the next cycle.  

@mrsdaddario I'm sorry you're feeling out.  I'm holding out hope for you another day. xo
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @laurad75  *hugs*
    @mrsdaddario  So sorry for the BFN. I am so sorry that you and your H find yourselves in this place.  It is good that you know yourself and I hope that this break gives you strength to move forward with things - whatever that looks like.

Diagnosis (If you've been): NIR PCOS

Cycle/CD: 8/17

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Femara+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone

How are things going? Fine.  10 more days until test day.  Also progesterone is gross.  Emotionally just trying to find that balance of not getting my hopes up so high that it kills me if it's not successful.. while also staying positive enough to not get depressed and bitchy.

Any questions? 

GTKY: If you could do anything for a living and get paid to do it (besides being a mom) what would it be?
     Full time yoga teacher.  Right now it's basically impossible to do this if you need a dual income household like I do. 
  • Options
    BababattyBababatty member
    edited November 2016
    @laurad75 I'm sorry about your BFN. I sympathize with how much it sucks to get that news even when you were prepared for it. Glad to hear you have some fun things lined up to take your mind off it. Good luck with your race.

@mrsdaddario I'm so sorry about your BFN, too. We're on a break from medicated cycles, too, and there is something relaxing about it, although it's frustrating to feel like you're wasting time. Lots of positive thoughts your way. I hope you're able to reach your savings goal quickly so you can get started on IVF. It's great that you're going to see a therapist. I've found it's so helpful to talk to people one-on-one, which can help validate your feelings but also give you good advice on how to work through them. Best of luck!

@antoto Good luck with the rest of your TWW!

• Options
    Diagnosis (If you've been): in testing still 

Cycle/CD: 18/26

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) testing, but waiting for my new cycle to start in the next 5-7 days. 

How are things going? I'm extremely terrified of needles so this whole thing is a nightmare to me - but willing to do anything to get pregnant. 

Any questions? Not yet, i am sure I will when these tests begin. DH and I are both doing our initial blood workup tomorrow.

GTKY: If you could do anything for a living and get paid to do it (besides being a mom) what would it be? Work at the SPCA!
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Diagnosis (If you've been): RPL, MFI

Cycle/CD: Cycle... 27(?) CD20

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): had the HSG this cycle and it effed my cycle up. I normally O on CD 12ish and here I am on day 20 with nothing. Ugh

How are things going? Well I had high hopes for this cycle, but those hopes have been dashed with how awful my chart looks. We do have a plan in place, though. Medicated IUI in January. She's pulling out the big guns and not making us do unmediated IUI (which my ON said we should do since I don't have ovulatory issues). I am looking forward to moving on.

Any questions? I've heard a lot about IUIs, but I haven't heard of mixing both oral meds and injections. Is this normal? Anyone have experience? We are doing 5 days on letrozole and 3 days of Gonal-f.

GTKY: If you could do anything for a living and get paid to do it (besides being a mom) what would it be? I would love to blog. I am not even good at it. I have started and stopped like 50 blogs. But I always quit because I get too busy with real work. 
    @mrsdaddario , @laurad75 - Hugs, ladies. BFPs suck whether they are expected or a surprise. <3
    @antoto - Is this your first IUI?
    @mokay19 - Eeeeeek. That sounds like it'll be rough. My best friend is due February and my sister in May. We should see them both. I have IUI in Jan, Feb, Mar, so I realllly hope I have a BFP to lessen the blow when I see those babies. I hope you're able to have a good visit, even if it'll be difficult. 
    @aurora1974 - I had almost the exact same as you. TSH was 3.6 and progesterone was 7.3. I was told that with medicated IUI/IVF, supplements wouldn't be necessary because you'd automatically produce more when you are stimulated. Obviously, though, they would test it each time to be sure that is the case. 
    @juliebannn - Did you have any symptoms from your Gonal-f?
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni  The only side effect I've had from the gonal has been a really dull headache since my first injection.  Nothing too bad but just dull enough to be annoying.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    Diagnosis (If you've been): unexplained and AMA ( I get it but really I'm 37 I don't feel "advanced age" sometimes medical terminology sucks)

Cycle/CD: 7/5

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) still waiting on our appointment with a new RE, about 5 weeks to go. In the mean time trying on our own.

How are things going? Ehhh, trying to remain optimistic that their are couples who get KTFU on their own after going through treatments and maybe we could be one of those magical unicorns too, but also being realistic that its not gonna happen with out help. Projected O day for this cycle is on thanksgiving... when we will have our house crammed with guests.... I guess we will just have to be creative and quiet when we HIO!

Any questions? no not yet.

GTKY: If you could do anything for a living and get paid to do it (besides being a mom) what would it be? I always thought it would be great to be a milk taster (yes this is a real job!), though snuggling babies or puppies all day would be amazing, or a travel writer. 

@laurad75 so sorry for the BFN. all the wine

@mrsdaddario I hope talking to someone will help and that the break from treatments while saving money allows you both to renew your spirits and have time to focus on one another.

@antoto fx for you. yah that progesterone is a hot mess. I don't think DH and I had sexy time at all when I was on it. 

@mokay19 sorry your bleeding again. Dont feel like you have to hold it together when you are visiting with family. you get to feel all the feels, excitement for the new addition, sadness its not you. creepy internet hugs

@aurora1973 hopefully you and DH and come to a consensus, and sorry its not looking optomistic for you to have a biochild. creepy internet hugs. I love the idea of snuggling babies who need extra love

@jwatt5 glad things are looking better this cycle. A flower shop sounds great

@juliebeannn welcome! fx fo this IUI. If you don't mind me asking did DH give previous samples that were frozen and that's why your doing 2 IUI's back to back? 

@kyersten good luck with the blood work. Its amazing what we will do to get KTFU. at least with IUI's the number of needles is limited if you can do oral meds.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @antoto - Ah exciting!!  Fingers crossed!!!
    @juliebeannn - Ah, that's not too bad! Cool
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    juliebeannnjuliebeannn member
    edited November 2016
    @wabash15  We do have a sample on freeze in case he has any performance issues or if he's working on one of our IUI days and can't take time off.  But, the back to back IUIs is standard procedure at this office.  I asked if there was any concern because of the one SA being low morph and they said they're not worried about it because his volume was high.   Edit: oh and thanks for the welcome/FX! :)
  • Options
    @juliebeannn interesting, its always kinda cool to hear what other clinics do. GL with your trigger and IUI this week!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    wabash15 said:
    @juliebeannn interesting, its always kinda cool to hear what other clinics do. GL with your trigger and IUI this week!
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    @Bababatty Funny enough, OH has no motility issues, or issues of any kind with his swimmers.  His SA came out excellent.  We're still looking into it, but apparently because of the kind of low T he has, Clomid is not an option for him.  Honestly, if it was, we would probably forgo IVF and keep trying on our own...and let the chips fall where they may.  But because I am not really a good candidate for IUI, IVF is our only option besides au natural, which will stop being an option once he starts the replacement.  So if we don't decide right away to go through with IVF, we may freeze some samples so that we could have the option later.  Still, I'm 43 and my situation gets worse by the cycle. We just want to talk to the IVF clinic now that we have full results in hand to know what our odds likely are, so that we know if it's worth throwing ~20k at...
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    @aurora1973 That's so interesting! DH's urologist said that male fertility issues are easy to diagnose and difficult to treat. I know how frustrating that must be for both of you. I'm sorry that's the only treatment for him, and to hear about your other complications. I really hope your IVF consult is helpful, and you get some good advice. Please keep us updated. Good luck!!
  • Options
    @Bababatty - How long has you DH been on Clomid? Not long, right? We've talked about it before, I think. I just can never keep people straight. Thank God I wasn't a teacher, I don't think I would ever learn anyone's names.... 
    Anyway, does he have any symptoms? Have you had a retest done to see if it's working?
    Keep me updated, I am always so curious about other male Clomid users. 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni Yep, I remember talking about clomid with you a couple weeks ago. He just started it last week, and as far as I can tell has no side effects. He's taking 50mg 3 times/week. He goes back in about three weeks for a blood test to see if it's positively impacting his hormones, and has another SA in three months. His urologist is really positive about his prognosis and the potential for this to even have a permanent effect--apparently that can happen, which we didn't know--so I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Since you and others mentioned FertilAid, we also asked about that. Our doc prefers Proxeed Plus, which is of course sold out on the drug's website and I'm loathe to buy it on Amazon for fear of knock offs. Oh well. 
  • Options
    Diagnosis (If you've been): "ovulation disorder" 

Cycle/CD: 10dpiui #3, cd 24 maybe?  

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)
    Letrozole 7.5mg
    pregnyl trigger
    IUI#3
    progesterone
    estradiol

How are things going?  I haven't been on in a week or more.  i have been swamped and also just trying not to think about it.  

we did have a consult with the RE last week to discuss the path forward.  if this cycle fails, we will take a break for a few month for the holidays and to try to focus on getting healthier.  then in february we will try one more IUI this time adding Gonal-F in addition to what we did the last cycle.  if that fails, then we start IVF consults.  

Any questions? 
    nope

probably hang around and play with my dogs lol.  
  • Options
    @furbabymom2007 fx this is your cycle, but if not at least you have a plan going forward.

@Marley629 I'm glad the break while your waiting for test results is good for you.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @furbabymom2007 FX for you! Glad you're able to figure out a game plan now. I think a lot of us are going to be taking a break around the holidays for mental health.

@Marley629 I don't know that I'd be able to break from temping. I have gotten addicted to knowing what's happening and when AF is coming. I'm considering just temping for bc going forward.

@LadyMillil that's awesome that your new job is going to be your dream job! It makes work fly by when you love it.

@mrsdaddario Are you going to take a break from the boards or just IUI? I'll miss having you on if you break from the boards, but understand the mental health break.

AFM, I'm just chilling in the TWW after IUI #2. Mostly posting on the infertility board right now. If this cycle doesn't work, I think we'll be taking a break over the holidays. I'll find out if this cycle worked right around Thanksgiving.  :/
  • Options
    @persnickity @furbabymom2007  - I'm thinking the same, if we do the IUI this month and it doesn't work we may take a break over the holidays from the clinic OR maybe we'll all have good news this month :)

I had a good U/S today - 17mm follicle. Weird thing is this follicle is growing at the exact same measurements on the exact same CD as the cyst last month but they say they are sure its a follicle. FX my estrogen levels have gone up as well. I'll know this afternoon and hopefully joining some of your in my first TWW by the end of the week.  ;)
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    I have a question - I started spotting and currently its definitely just spotting but what is the cut off for declaring full flow. I will have to make the CD 1 to the RE to get meds and start scheduling.  I always get nervous about when to do that.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    laurad75 said:
    I have a question - I started spotting and currently its definitely just spotting but what is the cut off for declaring full flow. I will have to make the CD 1 to the RE to get meds and start scheduling.  I always get nervous about when to do that.  
    Ahhhhh this is my life.  I think when it becomes a full on flow - where EVERY time you wipe there is blood, not just sometimes. Enough to fill a tampon?  And sometimes you just have to guess.  Last month I started my period at like 6pm and I had to decide of that was CD1 or if CD1 was the next day.  
  • Options
    @laurad75 I was told that cd1 was when I filled a tampon or pad before 8pm. Some have a different cutoff time, I think 5pm is another common one.
  • Options
    @laurad75 I'm with the other ladies, if I have to get out a pad or tampon I consider it full flow....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @laurad75 My RE says CD1 is when you see bright red blood anytime before midnight. I'm sure that's not terribly helpful since now you have three completely different answers  :D I'd probably call your RE's office and ask for clarification.
  • Options
    @persnickity Just a break from the medicated cycles while we save for IVF!! I could never leave you guys lol. I know I haven't been around much lately, long story short I can no longer access TB from my work computer and that drastically cuts into my Bump time lol. Bastards!!

@laurad I agree with PP's for me I always considered CD 1 full on red flow need a pad or tampon. But I always have a day or two of brown spotting after a medicated cycle which gave me wiggle room with declaring CD 1. 

@madspunk Welcome! Fellow NIR PCOSer here. I really hope Letrozole is the ticket for you and look forward to following your journey!!
  • Options
    @madspunk welcome! I hope your stay with us is short.

@juliebeannn Hooray for good numbers! Fx for you. Do you have a planned beta or will you be POAS?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    wabash15 said:
    @juliebeannn Hooray for good numbers! Fx for you. Do you have a planned beta or will you be POAS?
    Thanks!!  Beta is scheduled for 12/1 but I'll likely POAS before then....just haven't quite decided when.  I'm still wishy washy on whether I'll continue to temp through the TWW either.  I tend to obsess over every data point, so maybe foregoing the BBT might be a good idea.  
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario I have to mobile bump from work too. And I'm glad you're sticking around, we'd miss you! Okay, that sounds bad. I'm not glad you're still here because I wanted you to be successful with the improved response. You know what I mean.  ;)