Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Shaking head

My son is 8 months and just started shaking his head back and forth like he's saying no.  Does anyone else's LO do this?

Re: Shaking head

• Options
    Mine started when he was about 6 months. At first he did it when he was getting sleepy, but now (9 months) he does it all the time.  I don't think he's actually trying to say no though, I think he just likes it.  He'll do it when I ask him a question, even if the answer is obviously yes.  If I say do you want more oatmeal, he'll shake his head but open his mouth for another bite.  He thinks it's hilarious when he does it and then I nod my head yes back at him.
  • Options
    Mine started at about 6 months too. She loves it! She bursts out laughing at does it. I think she likes watching the world wobble when she does it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS is 7 months and just started this about a week ago. It's hilarious and he knows it! 
  • Options
    Yes! lol!
  • Options
    Mine does it sometimes when she’s trying to fall asleep
  • Options
    My LO does this when he’s sleepy or when he has had an ear infection. 
  • Options
    My little one is 8 months,  she started doing this a couple months ago,  except she nods her head yes! And she does it more when I.sing or.play music for her!
  • Options
    My son started doing this at 5 months. I think when he gets bored this entertains him. Because he seems to like it and doesn't seem bothered by it at all. I guess he will stop if it starts bothering him, so I just let him have his fun!