Infertility
Options

November TWW

Re: November TWW

• Options
    @Lavendar83  - Digitals require more hcg than the pink line tests.  I think you are golden!
  • Options
    Well, I think I am out. I had one positive today that was very faint on  a FRER. Tonight I had a negative on FRER. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 Maybe it's just early. Maybe you should wait a couple of days before you test again. You're 7dpt right? Was it fully hatched?
  • Options
    @kris10cdn Yes, I am.  I have my Beta on Saturday so I can get a definite answer. No, it wasn't hacthing yet. Thank you for the response. 
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 Keep up the hope!! You're still in the running!!
  • Options
    @Lavendar83. Did you test again this morning??
  • Options
    HI ladies! Jumping over from the November FET board, recognize a lot of you, because I need to keep busy!! A whole week until my Beta. One of my best friends did her FET on 10/28 and has gotten a positive blood test and doubled on today's. I'm insanely happy for her and jealous at the same time. Let's be honest, statistically speaking we have a 50/50 shot out of the two of us and she's already got the positive. I know that's not how it works but my mind is in overdrive!! FX for everyone testing this weekend!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    Kris10cdnKris10cdn member
    edited November 2016
    @byrneme Didn't you transfer a PGS normal embaby? If so, that's 65-70% :)
    Out of curiosity (because mine was hatched), was it hatching? 

I'll join this group too, please! I think I might test 5dp6dt on Sunday. If it's negative then I will wait until next weekend to test again on Saturday the morning of my blood draw. My reasoning is, I know I still have a good chance of a positive if it's negative Sunday and I don't want bad news during the week because I really need to be "on" for work. I also don't want to receive bad news from a nurse on the phone.
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 if you're testing early, you need to really hold your pee! It's got to be A minimum of 5 hours of not going to the bathroom, and it still might not be enough. First morning urine is the strongest! Test once a day at the same time!! Start tomorrow morning :smile: 
    you saw a line twice now? And then saw a negative twice too? Or just once and once? 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    I'm officially a part of this group now. Had my 5th IUI this morning! How are all y'all doing? 
    Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• Options
    Lavendar83Lavendar83 member
    edited November 2016
    @colleen0516  thank you,  for the information. I dont think I was waiting long enough between tests. I only tested once today on a digital and it was positive. I have my beta in the morning so we will see how that goes. How are you doing? 

@chartleib welcome to the  group and good luck! 
  • Options
    @Lavendar83-- I am so excited for you cycle buddy!!!
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 That's great!!  I hope tomorrow beta will make you feel better! Looking forward to the results!!
  • Options
    @mrsbigcountry thank you, cycle buddy  <3@kris10cdn thank you, I hope so too!
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 if a digital gave you a positive- then I think you'll be okay tomm!! Can't wait to hear!  
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    FX for you @Lavendar83!

@kris10cdn - yep, one normal PGS embaby was all we had after 5 days/testing- it's insane how those numbers drop so dramatically throughout the process! It was hatching so I'm feeling good about that. My RE doesn't give the grades. Well maybe they do if you ask but I chose not to - I don't need one more thing to overanalyze! I swear, they should send anyone on a TWW on vacation somewhere to keep them busy. It'd be a small drop in the bucket money-wise with as much as we all give them, right?! I've never seen that percentage, I had seen 50% if transferring 1 and 80% if transferring 2 normal but, heck, I'll take it. 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @Colleen0516 I'm curious, what did they do to test you for MTHFR. My cousin has the same thing, but an extreme mutation, and it prompted me to ask my RE about it who basically blew it off and said studies show that more people than not have it which is why they treat all their patients with an aspirin/folic acid regimen. Sidenote: the first time she was texting me about it I totally thought she was calling the disease a bad name. I find that acronym very appropriate given the problems it causes!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @mrsbigcountry & @lavandar83 praying for you today! Can't wait to hear the resultant of your beta!

@byrneme she is monitoring my blood. My levels seem okay but I also increased my intake of foods with folic acid. I am on a baby asprin as a mild blood thinner but do not need the lovanex shot yet. 
    So far, so good! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    Lavendar83Lavendar83 member
    edited November 2016
    Well, my level came back at 7. They want me to stay on my meds and have a repeat on Monday. This is really hitting me hard. 
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 -- I am SO SO sorry!!!  Praying for you.

AFM - my beta isn't until Monday, but it's not looking good.  Still getting BFN on hpt.  
  • Options
    @mrsbigcountry I'm sorry about your situation to. It is such a tough thing to go through.
    I wish I didn't have to go in on Monday and have another blood test. I don't understand why I can't quit my meds now and have a follow up with the RE. 
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 I'm so sorry to hear that! It's a hard time. It's not fair that they are making you stay on the meds. You should be drinking wine right now.
    @mrsbigcountry I'm sorry to hear you are still getting BFN. :(
    Thinking of you both. 
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 I'm so sorry! how many many days post Egg retreival were you yesterday at beta? I'm wondering if it's early still? 
    The retesting of a low beta is torture, I've been there and know your pain. I'm so sorry! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @colleen0516 thank you. Having you ladies that understand and are sympathetic is so helpful. My best friend is pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. She is having a rough time with it, she told me that she didn't even want it early on. She is starting to adjust and feeling more positive about it.  She tries to sympathize for me but she doesn't understand at all. So, having ladies that do is such a blessing. Anyways... yesterday I was 9dp5dt. I just want to be able to get off these meds and try and put it behind me. How are you doing?
  • Options
    Kris10cdnKris10cdn member
    edited November 2016
    byrneme My re's success for PGS SET is 65-70% and I've heard that other places too. When I see other people using PGS get a positive, it makes me feel more optimistic. I know what you mean about the numbers dropping so dramatically! I had 2 egg retrievals, first 23 eggs retrieved = 5 blasts = 1 normal. Second 16 eggs = 4 blasts = 1 normal. I was 38 for both retrievals, 39 now. AND I got a positive test from my transfer on tuesday (it was a fully hatched blast so implants sooner than a blast that is not hatched).
    Stay positive, stress is the enemy! GL to you!!
  • Options
    @Lavendar83 unfortunately, people who haven't gone through it, just don't get it. They can try to relate as much as they want, but they just can't. It's nice when people try, because you know they care but it's so nice to have groups like this where you can speak freely and people
    filly understand. I'm still praying that your number goes up to a very healthy range, but I know the fear you have. If it's going to be an unhealthy pregnancy, then I wish it to just go down now and spare you the torture of the multiple betas. Hopefully you'll have some answer tomorrow! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @Lavendar83 I'm sorry to hear about the low number, GL with the follow up test tomorrow. I hope they give you some clear answer either way. 

Good luck to the rest of you having your beta tests tomorrow! I am going a little stir crazy having to wait until Wednesday. I felt a little crampy today so I'm worried AF is right around the corner  :(
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrsdaddariomrsdaddario member
    edited November 2016
    Just catching up. I'm sorry there isn't more exciting news around here, but I'm so happy for you ladies who have gotten +'s! Keeping my Fx for everyone else!

AFM I tested on Saturday at 11dpiui and 10dpo and got a BFN. Like a bad girl I stopped the majority of my meds, progesterone supps/oil/and baby aspirin. I'll test again tomorrow morning just on the off chance, but I know we're out. It was our sixth IUI, sixth medicated cycle and second with injectables. Although we have one last injectable cycle our insurance will cover, I've kind of hit a treatment wall and we will be taking some time off of working with the RE. In that time I'm hoping we can save for IVF and the medications as our insurance covers nothing associated with IVF. I'll also pick up temping and using OPK's again, on the crazy off chance my PCOS quiets down for a while and we have the opportunity to try on our own. Aka my cycles regulate. Though I doubt that will happen I still want to be prepared just incase! 
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario  I'm so sorry that your tests have been BFN so far. I'm surprised you stopped your meds already; it is early still.

Here's hoping things get better for you in the months to come. I'm sure you must be feeling very frustrated at this point. I'm frustrated for you. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    @mrsdaddario I'm surprised you stopped the meds too. So sorry to hear that you got a negative. I've been crossing fingers and toes and sending up so many prayers that this would be your month. Sending you lots of creepy internet hugs.
  • Options
    Adoc86Adoc86 member
    edited November 2016
    Jumping in here as I just started my TWW. I had a five day transfer of one embryo yesterday (11/12). This is my first round of IVF so in my mind I think it's not going to work. We had 5 fertilized eggs but only one made it to blast and the others weren't good enough to freeze, so I'm hoping this little fighter sticks. Anyone know if the odds are higher if it was already hatching? 

I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to POAS before beta. I'm terrified of negatives! 

Me: 30 DH:30
    No kids yet
    DH: Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 12/15 resulting in right orchiectomy &one round of BEP chemo. Banked sperm prior to treatment. Not enough in storage to risk on IUI so encouraged to go right to IVF w/ICSI.
    Together since 2001. Married 10/2013
    10/24/16 - Began stims (menopur & gonal f) for 1st round of IVF on high responder antagonist protocol.
    11/5/16 - Lupron trigger.
    11/7/16 - 13 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 5 fertilized
    11/12/16 - 5 day ET of 1 hatching embryo
    Beta scheduled for 11/28!

11/21 BFP!

Due July 31

• Options
    Good Morning - I am 11dpiui and tested yesterday and today on both wondfo and FRER and all N. Progesterone is giving me some hardcore phantom symptoms or I tested to early. My beta is on Friday! 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    Just catching up. I'm sorry there isn't more exciting news around here, but I'm so happy for you ladies who have gotten +'s! Keeping my Fx for everyone else!

AFM I tested on Saturday at 11dpiui and 10dpo and got a BFN. Like a bad girl I stopped the majority of my meds, progesterone supps/oil/and baby aspirin. I'll test again tomorrow morning just on the off chance, but I know we're out. It was our sixth IUI, sixth medicated cycle and second with injectables. Although we have one last injectable cycle our insurance will cover, I've kind of hit a treatment wall and we will be taking some time off of working with the RE. In that time I'm hoping we can save for IVF and the medications as our insurance covers nothing associated with IVF. I'll also pick up temping and using OPK's again, on the crazy off chance my PCOS quiets down for a while and we have the opportunity to try on our own. Aka my cycles regulate. Though I doubt that will happen I still want to be prepared just incase! 
    I feel like I could have wrote a majority of this myself. We're only on our 2nd IUI, but I have been working with an RE on and off for the better part of 5 years. If we are out this cycle (we're on the same schedule!), I am taking an indefinte break. I also thought of taking up temping again just in case and just becase IF brain makes you do crazy things when your history tells you otherwise. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    @ReesaAnne16 @persnickity
    Honestly I've been doing medicated cycles long enough to understand my body, and know what is early and what isn't. (For me personally of course). Statistics show a majority of women will get a BFP by 10dpo. The remaining will get one at least by 12dpo. Regardless, I got another BFN this morning, so I'm not worried about having stopped the medications. Sunday was the first full day of stopping them, so I really didn't stop terribly early. 12dpiui. Thank you for your concern :)

@madasm0530 I'm so sorry you are also in the same boat. It seems so unfair doesn't it? I keep thinking, but SO MANY women with PCOS get KU with lesser invasive treatments, why not me?! Trying not to have a major bitterfest over here lol 
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario completely understandable. You really do get to know your body very well when you're activity tracking and studying it. Heartbroken over here for you.
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario  ditto what persnickity said :) thinking of you 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Lots of results coming in this week... follow the link to edit your info.

Me (31) & DH (31) - married 2008; TTC since 2013
    SA = normal; HSG = clear; history of DVT/PE
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility
    IUI #1- April '16 - BFN 
    IUI #2 - May '16 - BFN
    IVF Fresh Xfer #1 (1 blastocyst) - Sept '16 - BFN
    FET #2 - 11/8/16 (2 blastocysts) - Beta on 11/18
    4 more blastocysts on ice
  • Options
    I had my first iui on nov 6 and my beta is nov 21. Trying to be strong and not poas prior to that day! Fingers crossed to all of you sharing the tww 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to the tww! @junicek

@Monica54321 I'm so excited for you! FX'd for a great beta on Friday!!

AFM, my beta came in at 342! My RE only does 1 if levels are over 100, so I don't get a 2nd beta. I have my first u/s 11/29!.