June 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In Week of 10/31

2»

Re: PGAL Check In Week of 10/31

•  @LMMama congratulations on your engagement!!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Blah. I'm at the OB now for an emergency u/s. I've been having some continual abdominal pain that has now turned into sharp pain on my left side. They're thinking ectopic. I'm trying so hard to keep hope but I just want to cry.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @thatlauragirl Sorry you are dealing with this.  Hopefully it's just a random pain and not an ectopic. Keep us posted.
  • Thanks for the positive vibes, girls.
    The appointment went well.  She couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler, which of course made my heart sink instantly.  But she grabbed out the handheld ultrasound device and was able to see baby right away.  Even got to see it wiggling around in there. <3

She did go over my ultrasound from 2 weeks ago and let me know that there is a subcroihonic hemorrhage there that is causing all of the bleeding and spotting I'm having.  It wasn't a very big one, but enough for it to need to dissipate as baby grows.  So at least there's an answer to the bleeding.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Blah. I'm at the OB now for an emergency u/s. I've been having some continual abdominal pain that has now turned into sharp pain on my left side. They're thinking ectopic. I'm trying so hard to keep hope but I just want to cry.
    T&P being sent your way. Let us know how it turns out.. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @thatlauragirl huge hugs, t&p being held for you!! 
    Thinking positive thoughts for you!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself.  Refresher: 37w5d loss, stillbirth of my son last October. He is survived by 3.75 yr old DD.

How far along are you? 7w4d

How are you doing? Tired, hungry, food is repulsive, and if I don't eat every hour, I get super sick. 

When is your next appointment? Late November.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: As pissy as I am, I am just grateful to be pregnant.

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  The IT Crowd
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself
    Hi there, first time posting! I had a mmc and d&c in 10/12. Our DD was born in 12/13. We had a second m/c this year 8/16. I'm SO grateful for this check-in!
    How far along are you? 
    5w6d
    How are you doing? 
    Alright... definitely anxious, not quite as anxious as I'd thought I would be.
    When is your next appointment?   
    11/17
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  
    I love Zadie Smith's novels. She has one coming out this month. Her novels White Teeth and On Beauty are probably two of my all-time favorites.
  • Shit. Thinking of you @thatlauragirl and hoping for the best.
  • @thatlauragirl thinking so many positive thoughts for you right now and hoping for the best.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @thatlauragirl thinking of you! How did it go? 
  • @thatlauragirl fingers crossed for you, let us know!
  • Hey everyone, thanks so much for the good thoughts. The good news is they found a baby measuring 5w6d with a heartbeat of 109. That's a couple of days behind which worries me but they said it was fine.

The worry is apparently there's a chance that I have an heterotopic pregnancy which means I could have released two eggs and have an ectopic going on as well as the uterine. Seems crazy to me but the location of the pain has them nervous so for now they're asking me to stick to minimal activity and go into the ER if the pain worsens overnight.

Why can't this be easier for us? Anyway, thanks again for the good thoughts. They mean more than you know to me.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @thatlauragirl I'm glad they were able to find baby and baby seems OK. I can understand how it would be worrisome for baby to be measuring a bit behind but if your doctor isn't worried about it that's probably a pretty good sign.

Hopefully there isn't an ectopic also and all is well. Keep us update if you don't mind. <3
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @thatlauragirl that happened to a mom in my Jan14 moms group and she just delivered a healthy baby girl today.  They were able to successfully get the eptopic out, but please keep us updated and I really hope it isn't that.  Sending you a lot of love and positive thoughts!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @LMMama Congratulations!

@lizerspitz I really liked United States of Tara, too!  I watched it on Netflix in about a month.

@brij2006 I’m glad you had a great appointment today!

@thatlauragirl I’m glad they found a baby with a heartbeat!  I hope you do not have an ectopic, also.

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • Anxiety was crazy this morning.  I didn't feel pregnant so I peed on another stick (I know even if something was wrong I would still turn the stick I am just a nutcase) and the line was kind of light.  I peed on another one after work and it got super dark so as inconclusive as any of that is I feel better.  I can't wait to get past my loss date. I am really hoping that will help me with these freak outs a little bit.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31, hang in there. Anxiety is real, particularly leading up to loss dates (and, for me, appointments). When is your next appt?
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • @c1tym0m22 a week from tomorrow.  I am really trying to focus on just relaxing and remembering this is all completely out of my control, sometimes I just lose track of it.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31, that's a great attitude - I know it's often hard to remember it, especially when the anxiety kicks in. (Not my favorite pregnancy symptom!) Creepy internet hugs heading your way!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • How far along are you? 8w6d

How are you doing? Decent. Emotionally I'm wildly bouncing between "this is totally my take-home baby! I have a really good feeling about this. I should go ahead and do some maternity clothes shopping and start considering names and what I'd want to put on a registry and all that." and "This doesn't feel "real." I just don't believe that this time next year I'll have an infant. I'm sure something is going to go wrong at some point and I'll be back in the trenches of infertility." 

When is your next appointment?  November 9th.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: My husband just doesn't understand what I mean when I say this all doesn't feel "real" to me yet. I've tried to explain to no avail. I think he is getting a bit worried that I'm going to be a bad mother because he doesn't feel like I'm really bonding with baby the way I should be. He keeps saying things about how I need to find a way to feel like this is "real" because someone will need to care for baby when he is working. And it's making me feel uncomfortable that he is even thinking like that. I mean, I can see why he'd be concerned I guess since he doesn't seem to understand how I'm feeling or why I'm feeling this way. Is anyone else struggling with this? I figured if anyone understands it would be you ladies since I think it's related to PGAL brain. 

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  There is a show that comes on the BBC "Call the Midwife" and it's amazing. It definitely is completely unheard of within my social circles although I'm sure some other people know of it. It's historically based and set in 1950s English in a poorer part of the country. It's sorta told from the perspective of the midwives that are the main characters. It's great if you enjoy that sort of thing.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria girl, if anyone has a right to say this doesn't feel real, it's you. With so many losses under your belt, how could anyone question you feeling that way? You have been excited and hopeful so many times for it to never pan out. I'm actually shocked your husband isn't feeling the same. I have had 2 successful pregnancies and one mc and I'm completely feeling like it isn't real. So please don't allow any of your feelings right now extend to how you might mother. This is so utterly different. There is honestly no need to worry about bonding with your baby at all at this point, in my opinion. You can feel however you want right now and it is ZERO reflection of how you will feel 8 months from now with that baby in your arms. Zero! As the months go by, you will bond more and more and he will see that side of you come out very naturally. 

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @thatlauragirl great news about the baby, t&p for you about the possible ectopic also in there. When I was reading up on ectopics I remember reading about heterotopic and I seem to recall reading several success stories about saving the viable pregnancy and safely removing the ectopic. Hopefully you don't have to go through that, but if you do there is still hope for the rainbow. I'll be thinking of you.

@NamelessAria I know EXACTLY what you mean about it not feeling real and I feel that way too sometimes (alternating with excitement and anxiety). Just the other day I was wondering if this is because I wasn't bonding and decided that was not the case. I'm super excited and love this baby dearly already, I'm just still in disbelief that this is actually happening after knowing nothing but sadness related to pregnancy. During my first apt this time around my doc said "soon we will talk about fun pregnancy stuff!" to which I instantly said "I don't even know what fun pregnancy stuff is" which is sad, but explains the sheer disbelief that I'm further into my dream of being a mother than I ever have. 

First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself
    Intro'd last week. MMC end of March, Ectopic end of May. No other kids.

How far along are you? LMP 6w6d, measuring 6w4d (which is more in line with my typical O pattern)

How are you doing? It's been tough week emotionally, my EDD from my MMC was over weekend and I was having some left side pain making me nervous. Then found out Husband couldn't make it to my upcoming ultrasound due to a work issue. Called to reschedule and they could get me in that day (with him) which was great but I was nervous because it was a week earlier than planned and I didn't think we would see anything. But got to see our little bean right where it was supposed to be with a 122 heart rate (@ 6w3d)!! So happy!

When is your next appointment?   Ultrasound yesterday! OB on 11/14

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Grateful for this check-in! So thankful for the good apt yesterday! Trying to enjoy this moment until the next worry/PGAL brain freak out happens. 

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  I love the book Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (all his books that I've read are great). It's short but so touching and full of emotion. It makes me cry every time.

• @NamelessAria I totally get it not feeling real. While I'm feeling awful, and want to believe that this is the real thing, I just can't be sure yet. I would love to be all in, but until I see a baby in there I'm having trouble really imagining any plans for the future yet. 
  • Ladies sharing my PGAL brain...wanted to get your thoughts on fetal dopplers? Yay/Nay?
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • mkrelmkrel member
    edited November 2016
    @Mashunya425 I have been looking at them as well... I still can't believe I have to wait so long between appointments (I know it's normal) but it's hard not knowing if everything is okay.  
    I do have this vision of myself not being able to find the hb and freaking out though, so if I do get one, I will rent a hospital grade one and wait until I'm into the second trimester.
  • MKRLTX said:
    @Mashunya425 I have been looking at them as well... I still can't believe I have to wait so long between appointments (I know it's normal) but it's hard not knowing of everything is okay.  
    I do have this vision of myself not being able to find the hb and freaking out though, so if I do get one, I will rent a hospital grade one and wait until I'm into the second trimester.
    Same- I've had a couple people recommend me getting one for the PGAL brain. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @Mashunya425 I have one because of my doula work, I loan it to clients who are especially nervous. 
    I used mine, on a really bad PGAL day, since my nausea has calmed down significantly. I knew full well it was like a 5% chance of finding the heartbeat. 
    I did find it, which is crazy early (I'm only 7+1), but absolutely 200% positive it was Baby. It calmed me down SO fast, and gave me the reassurance I was needing. My first midwife appointment isn't for another two weeks, and won't have an ultrasound until 20 weeks, I'm glad I caved and used it!
  • @semicolon I'm the same way about food right now too! It's horrible because I never know what I want to eat, but can't go even a couple of hours without. 

@FSUNole31 I get super anxious too, but instead of taking a test I just get angry and negative and snap at my husband. And of course he's a doll and calms me down and knows I don't mean it. The trouble is that guys will never know what we went through or are going through so it makes it harder on them too. 
  • @halfthetree That is so reassuring to hear. I ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. I will be 10 + 2 weeks so I am hoping I'll be able to find it too...but I know I'll have to be patient!
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
  • @Mashunya425 I was just talking to my husband about this yesterday.  I think if my appointment goes well next week I may be ordering one too.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• mrlight said:

How far along are you? 7 weeks

How are you doing? Pretty good.  It helps that I’m going to an RE right now, so I have an appointment every week to make sure I’m progressing like I should.

When is your next appointment?   Friday for an u/s!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Today and Thursday are the only full days I am working this week, so it’s a nice week!

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  DH and I have recently gotten into Last Man Standing with Tim Allen and it’s been really good so far!

I'm actually watching that on Netflix now. I think it's hilarious and I love the Home Improvement references.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • @namelessAria - totally lurking on PGAL  but I love love love call the midwife.  My late husband was British and introduced me to all sorts of fun BBC shows.  It's been especially poignant now that I'm pregnant, and I just end up bawling at every episode.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks

How are you doing? 
    Doing OK so far tired and been very nasous but so far no actually getting sick thankfully knock on wood, I was very sick with my daughter first trimester.
    When is your next appointment?   
    Had ultrasound today
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Wednesday had our second ultrasound today as at the first ultrasound the heartbeat was too low they said 80bpm they didn't say what it was this time will have to wait to hear from my midwife but very happy the peanut was doing good.

Little rant the hospital doesn't give ultrasound pictures till the anatomy scans :(

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  Usually I'm a harry potter girl, but a couple shows I like are call the midwife and downtown abby
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @FSUNole31 so I received mine today. I am just over 10 weeks and hubby was able to find it in about 3-4 minutes. We were also able to count it at 170ish bpm. So reassuring. I purchased mine from amazon, it was $50. 
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
  • merrylea said:
    @namelessAria - totally lurking on PGAL  but I love love love call the midwife.  My late husband was British and introduced me to all sorts of fun BBC shows.  It's been especially poignant now that I'm pregnant, and I just end up bawling at every episode.
    I think I'd ball every episode without extra hormonal support.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @shmarpler I love the Home Improvement references and cameos, too!

@Mrs.DeRuysscher I would hate not getting pictures until then!

@NamelessAria I’m sorry I don’t have any advice for your situation with your husband other than just communication (which can be difficult with a husband sometimes because they just want to “fix it” instead of understand).  Maybe let him know that he’s hurting your feelings every time he implies that you won’t be a good mother or that you won’t be able to care for your child and that once that baby gets here, there will be no one that will love or care for him/her more!

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/