1st Trimester
Options

Go to the doctor or wait?

hi- 
I received two positive tests on 10/25. That would be about 1 month from the first day of my last period. I'm feeling a little bit of symptoms but since it's so early not sure if it's more in my mind, tired, sore breasts. Anyways. We currently don't have any insurance but we're planning on getting some coming up. Should I wait until January 1st to go to the doctor? Or see if they will take me in December without insurance. Our insurance prob won't pay anything anyways bc of the deductible. I'm just getting uncomfortable that I'm wrong and I'm not pregnant or something might happen. I have a previous pregnancy that went great with absolutely no complications. What do you think? Would you try to get in or wait until January?

Re: Go to the doctor or wait?

• Options
    Go to the doctor. Talk to them about your situation and maybe they can put off some of the testing or ultrasounds until you have insurance.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    At the very least, I would call in and see what they want you to do. As PP said, they may be able to delay some of the testing, but prenatal care is pretty important, so I wouldn't put it off if you can avoid it.

FWIW, I got my BFP with DS (a couple years ago) on 11/1. My OB ordered blood work, but I did not see her for an appointment until the end of December (right before the holidays), so they might not even want to see you before the new year (beyond the here's all the stuff you should know for 1st tri).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    morgarita said:
    hi- 
    I received two positive tests on 10/25. That would be about 1 month from the first day of my last period. I'm feeling a little bit of symptoms but since it's so early not sure if it's more in my mind, tired, sore breasts. Anyways. We currently don't have any insurance but we're planning on getting some coming up. Should I wait until January 1st to go to the doctor? Or see if they will take me in December without insurance. Our insurance prob won't pay anything anyways bc of the deductible. I'm just getting uncomfortable that I'm wrong and I'm not pregnant or something might happen. I have a previous pregnancy that went great with absolutely no complications. What do you think? Would you try to get in or wait until January?
    @morgarita

I would call the doctor and explain the situation to them. I'm not sure where you live but where I live, the doctor's offices are usually willing to work with you - payment plan, deduct x amount off total bill, etc
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I agree with pp. while some insurance doesn't apply a deductible or copay for prenatal visits, there is some testing that can only be done in the first trimester so you'll definitely want to at least explore your options. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    I agree with everyone else. Call and explain. I know my practice has payment plans, etc. I'm sure they will work with you. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just chiming in to agree with everyone. Aside from testing, most OBs (in the us at least) bill your insurance all at once at delivery so it may be a non-issue. Any testing they may be able to delay or at least negotiate a discount for you.